BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 1/28/2015 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Great product, for the perfect sun-kissed, dewy look.

Does not clump up or soak into the pores. Sits well on the skin, giving a luminous, glowing effect.

Only downside for me is the price. Seems a bit steep for a highlighter. I am a sucker though and will repurchase again and again.

on 1/23/2015 7:03:00 PM

Love this product a lot. One of my favourites and it's the best highlighter I've found. It just completes a contoured blusher/bronzer look perfectly by highlighting the top of your cheekbones and it's also really good for the brow bone to highlight there. You don't need to use much so it's definitely worth the price :)

on 1/19/2015 10:04:00 PM

This can be my HG for highlighters as its gives a natural glow and is easy to apply. i have tried the powder highlights Manizer from The Balm but it does not spread as smoothly as the high neam. Really makes a differece to your look and helps you bring forward your cheekbones and overall a sculpted look! nice!

on 1/19/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was really exited to try this product. The packaging makes the product look expensive and fun. When I applied this product over my foundation (Estée Lauder double wear), it removed my foundation completely and all that was left was a shiny red line. My skin might be naturally red but surely the product shouldn't take tor makeup off. I even went to the benefit counter and asked be woman to apply it for me and she said I was doing it wrong, but when she applied it, it still removed my foundation. 100% not worth the price for what it does.

on 1/10/2015 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Fantastic highlighter, great for under the brows, along the brow bone, around the eyes and cupids bow.
It's quite bright so a little goes a long way which is good because you don't get that much in a bottle, however in my opinion it far exceeds cream or pencil highlighters because it never looks dry and it's really easy to blend.

*TIP try mixing a few dabs with your concealer for under the eyes- works wonders for dark circles due to its pinky hue and stops the concealer from looking too dry
Xx

on 1/8/2015 9:06:00 PM

This is the perfect shade for very pale skin.This product's appearance varies on how you apply it. If you use too much it will appear very pearly and unnatural so less is more. Unfortunately the packaging is much like a nail polish bottle which makes it difficult to use it in small amounts but it does last a long time and is worth the money. I do suggest trying this one out.

on 1/4/2015 2:21:00 PM

Adds a glow to the top of my cheek bones, just what I wanted! You really don't need to use much so worth the money!

this has been one of my favorite makeup products for years now! It is one of my everyday staples for many reasons. The color of this highlighter is perfect on such a wide variety of skin tones. The liquid formula moisturizers my cheeks and I always use it before applying my blush which I find helps my blush to last longer. The shimmer/highlight lasts for hours! The application is easy. Only negative in my opinion is the high price. If you like it, also try sun beam...love it!

on 1/1/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is really really nice and you cannot compare this to any other cheap drugstore/ high street dupe like elf or something from eBay. This is easy to spread and would not make you look like a glitter bomb at all. It just reflects the light evenly and beautifully without looking fake, which gives you that perfect skin with glow at the right places. Just gently dab a tiny spot on the centre of your forehead, bridge of the nose, cheekbones, brow bone and cupids bow and the results are truly amazing!

on 12/21/2014 7:50:00 AM

I would repurchase it.....in 10 years minimum if I finish it by then.

Truly THE BEST highlighter on the market, and I have tried EVERYTHING, from low-end to the highest high.

The effect is spectacular....I always wondered what they used in movies, on TV, to make the faces of the actresses get that baby-like glow, the plumpness of the skin, without stripper sparkles....don't get me wrong, I like the 'stripper sparkle' look at times, but it doesn't even begin to compare with the natural and absolutely gorgeous effect of HB. It DOES make a huge difference in skin, texture, glow, both on camera and in real life.

I like the packaging, maybe it isn't that sanitary but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves with this germophobia. If you gently barely touch your skin/fingertips with the tip of the brush there shouldn't be any problem. It's way more sanitary than a powder case or the MAC cream foundations/concealers/paint pots, imo.

For the ladies and gents experiencing trouble with it, i.e. transparency or cakiness of foundation, loss of coverage, etc- let the foundation dry. Apply the tiniest amount of powder on those areas, just enough to absorb any oiliness and give it a clean matte finish. Let it SETTLE, I cannot stress this enough.

Dab the tip of the brush on the spot or on your fingertip to control the amount, a tiny bit goes a very very long way. Gently pat it WITH THAT EXACT SPOT where the product is, don't pat it with the overall fingertip (for example, ring finger) as you would with a concealer, it'll go everywhere and mix up with the other stuff on the skin. Just pit-pit-pit, teeeeeny tiny movements until you have 'spread it' on the desired area. It IS NOT meant to be blended like a concealer, but SPREAD AROUND.

The effect is incredible, a natural luminous glow, Alicia Keys cheekbones, baby skin, something of the sort. I truly adore it.

The quantity is huge for the needed purpose, I've had mine for a year now and it doesn't even look like it's going down. Use it only where you want it, cheekbones, shoulders, etc., it'll give amazing effect on tanned skin in particular.

It doesn't cake up foundation and it doesn't change its color, IF used accordingly. Best investment in the highlighter/illuminator department.

Video Reviews & Tutorials