August 30, 2014 | 1797 users online

Eyeliner - Christian Dior - Crayon Eyeliner Waterproof in Trindad Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect black eyeliner pencil - one that I can use on my waterline as well as smudging for smokier looks. Dior's waterproof doesn't stay on as well as I'd like it to, and I don't like the waxy quality of it - tends to drag over my skin instead of gliding on. The best thing about this purchase is the sharpener that's included. It's one of the few that doesn't eat away at my other eyeliner pencils. I still prefer drugstore brands like Revlon Colorstay and L'Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Eyeliner Pencil over everything else I've tried (high end & low end).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I wanted to like this liner. But it is not waterproof or smudgeproof at all! In fact it just came off and smudged so easily. Not impressed with this at all...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by summerwind06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Waterproof? HA, yeah right! I tried this on my waterline and it just slides right off after a few minutes. Its very blackly pigmented, I can only use this for lining the upper lash line well, maybe a little above because if I put this right on my lashes my oils will just mix and it'll give me the oh so famous "black rim". I bought this for $40 CAN thinking it'll be my miracle product! ahh what a waste :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by cherrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Texture is medium creamy and goes on really smooth, which I like. The smudger on the end works wonderfully. The color is very rich, another plus. Overall it's a good pencil eyeliner but it smudges a bit after only a couple of hours. I guess it's just not that waterproof. It's pretty much what I would expect from a crayon liner. The real problem is the sharpening - I can't get it to sharpen because it's so soft it always breaks off before I'm done sharpening! I've used several different sharpeners, varied the pressure and speed of sharpening, you name it! It wastes a lot of product. For that reason, I don't think I'll buy it again even though the finished product is pretty nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think Iíll like it. Iíve purchased it today after I tested several other eyepencils and this one proved to have the best staying power. Up to now, it has managed to hold for 4 hours on my oily eyelids, without any primer. I will update and possibly raise the grade to 5 after several days when I try it with primer.
The pencil is black, very pigmented and very creamy (after several years of using drugstore eyepencils I find it too creamy). On the other side it has a smudger, and the pencil smudges easily. It also comes with a sharpener. I find that im makes a huge difference from the drugstore eyepencils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

From all the Dior eye pencils this is the best,but for me its not the best eye pencil I have ever had.The packaging is perfect,comes with a sharpener and a very good smudger on the other end.I think that this is not recommended for use in the water line but I have used it and didn't satisfy me enough,in the water line has average staying power and average color intensity.Works much better though as an eye liner on my upper lids.The staying power there is good and the color quite strong and smooth,glides very easily also and delivers nice rich velvety line on my eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by maozilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner was my HG up until recently. It's a great product--the colour is a very rich, dark black that doesn't fade. It also smudges nicely (come with a smudgey sponge on one end), which is great if you're going for a dramatic smokey eye. It's staying power is considerably good; I sometimes have to wipe a little excess black off of my lower lids by midday, but not always. However, I find its consistency to be a little too dry, as I personally prefer creamier textures. Another problem I have with this eyeliner has to do with its pencil aspect. It comes packaged with a little sharpener, which is great, but I have never been able to achieve a nice semi-sharp point on this eyeliner. When I try to sharpen it for more than a few turns, the end of the product almost always breaks off and come loose (and subsequently become lodged inside the sharpener, which is a real pain). As such, I'm left to work with a relatively dull point, which is really only okay if you like to wear your eyeliner thick and smudgey (and it just so happens that I do, but I imagine that it's not a look that will work for everyone).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by jayohwhy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG. my hg

my underfolded eyes tend to eat any eyeliner that it comes into contact with, but this is the only one that will still be there after a few hours.

i love, love, love this stuff

so worth the price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mz_simmonz

This eyeliner delivers amazing color--rich, velvety black that just glides onto my lids and has a nice smudger on the other end (also comes with a sharpener in the box). It is pretty pricey and I feel like there are cheaper drugstore liners that can probably do the same thing, except not has heavy in pigmentation. For me it was pretty waterproof/smudgeproof but I took one lippy off because it can look too thick/harsh at times, depending on the rest of your makeup..so because of its heavy pigmentation, I think it's best for those who want the dramatic eye effect since it's too heavy for everyday wear but when I'm going out & need a great black liner, I reach for this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2007 5:39:00 AM More reviews by starzi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is seriously the worst eyeliner I have ever used. It smudges like crazy just after 15 minutes. Everyone at school was asking me why did I have racoon eyes! It is so not waterproof.