September 21, 2014 | 1010 users online

Lip Liners - BeneFit Cosmetics - Cupid's Bow [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by lvsouch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Total waste of money - The bottom liner is way too dark (unless you wear it with a dark lipstick), and the brush for the top side gets deformed SO easily (my lid doesn't fit right, and I accidently jammed it on and it messed up the brush). The top colour (the shimmer) is nice, and the bottom can look okay if you blend it... and as long as you're wearing a darker lipstick, it does an okay job... but it's really expensive. I also had an allergic reaction to it - I've never had a reaction to ANY makeup product in my life, but I've been having lip issues the last month or so, and I narrowed it down to this product recently: I gave it one last chance, and EXACTLY where I applied the 2 colours I got a nasty rash (the cupids bow, and the bottom middle 1/3 of my lip)... so I'm tossing this. I do like the concept, so I'm going to pick up some highlighter and lip liner in a make I know doesn't bother my skin (uh, anything except this I guess?) and do-it-myself.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

People, don't waste your money on this gimmick. It's not worth it and you'll not need this.

I've bought this after a SA used this on me, but I seriously think there was something wrong with me at that moment... I was probably caught in a moment, thinking that I'll need this... Waste your money on food or something, not this.

It's practically two colors of lippencils, on one side it's the light frost pink color and on the other side you have the pink brownisch cream color. The lighter color is meant for the cupid bow and the darker color for the lower lipline. It's meant to be to give you an Angelina Jolie-look, but when I applied this it just looked if my lips were dirty and out of proportion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

BeneFit isn't a good brand to buy from. They have all these products specifically for very poor functions that don't work. I bought this to make my lips look fuller (duh!) and am more impressed with my Rimmel lip liner. The dark color is an ugly grey/brown it's like an eyeshadow color! Doesn't look nice on the lips at all. Also, this cost me like 37$ with tax. Benefit counters really suck you in, I say stay away from them!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by UrbanDecayJunky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've only tested this product in the store but I was not impressed. It's a good idea but I think the brush is unnecessary and I'm positive you can find similar colors for much less money. My lips didn't seem any fuller to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by c3b2a1

I don't know HOW it works (it seems like pretty straight-forward technology) but it works!

The color-combo is perfect for my skin (PPP, N3 -- and I don't know what else). The bow side has texture and sheen that really reflects light in a certain way giving a natural appearance of fullness. Same with the shader. There's just something about the color, texture, properties of this pencil that make it work. I have yet to find a regular lipliner and lipstick in similar colors that pull of this trick.

I wear it with Softlips tinted moisturizer in Rose.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by rubr9124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This wasn't anything special. The liner color was too dark and the highlighter didn't stay on for very long. I also couldn't find a sharpener large enough to sharpen it. Now it is dull and I can't use it anymore!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by usa

LOVE!!!!LOVE THIS!!! LOOKS GREAT WITH ANY LIPGLOSS JUST DON'T USE THE LIP SHADER USE THE BOW MAKER SIDE YES DOES MAKE YOUR LIPS POUTING.....I WEAR THIS WITH ALL MY CHANEL GLOSSIMERS

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by resco

Cupid's Bow truly gives a "va-voom" to my pout. The highlighting pencil on the one side reflects light, providing the illusion of a fuller upper lip. And the darker, plum colored pencil on the other side intensifies the shadow cast by the lower lip to accentuate a pout. This works well on me as I am an olive skin tone, but on a lighter skin tone, this shade may be too dark. There is also a two-sided blending wand, which comes with the pencil. The brush (for the light shade) is effective, whereas the sponge part of the wand (for the dark shade) is extremely ineffective. The sponge is poor quality as it removes the color from my bottom lip as oppose to blending the color. Overall, I fully recommend this product. It enhances my mouth, giving me that bee-stung look to my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by nubfish

I actually really liked this product. I agree that in theory it is a little gimmicky - but in practice I found it very useful. I find the dark liner color that is meant for under your pout suits my lips quite well. The highlighter is really nice as well. This doesn't overall change the shape or definition of my lips that much - but I think it is a nice addition to my makeup routine. I find both liners smooth and easy to use. While I like the brush and sponge sides I don't always find them neccessary and sometines use my fingers. This looks really nice before I put on lipstick or lipgloss. I would definately buy again if i ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ecart1

I actually love this. I was definitely skeptical of the whole concept, but now I refuse to leave the house before using it. Application is very simple, just follow the instructions. Apply the lighter shade to the cupid's bow on your upper lip (I also like to softly line the outside of my entire upper lip with it, it creates a lovely illusion of fullness.) The only thing I skip out on is the angled brush intended for the cupid's bow--it is stiff, somewhat painful, and completely unnecessary. Afterwards look closely at your lower lip and lightly shade where it is darkest with the darker side of the pencil. A little goes a long way, don't line your entire lip with it, just enhance the existing shadow. Blend well with the sponge and apply your favorite lipgloss. You won't be disappointed!