SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 2/10/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always wanted to try this for years due to the hype - but the price point is crazy! I finally took the plunge with a discount from an e-tailer and have been using it for about two months now.

Claims:
The website states that "spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

My experience:

Just as a background I use the FTE like this: Hada Labo lotion (moisturizing toner) -> SKII FTE -> Hada Labo Milk (moisturizer). It looks and feels like water so I'm always really careful while pouring it out (so expensive!), smooth it all over my face with my palms and pat it down. My skin absorbs it really quickly, which is good because I wouldn't want it to sit there and evaporate away, and doesn't add any time to my routine at all.

1) Spots: I don't really have pigmentation/ sun spots but I do have acne scars. I don't think the FTE really makes a difference to my scars as they are quite bad and would require laser treatments. However, I've definitely noticed that my skin has been fairer and lighter after just a few days of use. No kidding! Even my younger brother, a gamer nerd who will NEVER comment on my skin, said I looked so fair the other day. So I am guessing this will have a positive effect on pigmentation if you have any as it does have an overall lightening effect on skin.

2) Wrinkles: I don't have any deep wrinkles as I'm in my mid 20s, but I do have fine lines under my eyes. Nope, this doesn't do anything for that! Maybe in the long run?

3) Skin texture: I have no idea what a "refined" skin texture should feel like, but using the FTE makes my skin sooooo soft, fresh, and dewy, like baby's skin! It's also really refreshing to use, and I feel that it gives my skin an extra boost of moisture that really gets absorbed.

4) Firmness: I don't really have any issues with firmness so no comment.

5) Radiance: YES! As mentioned in point 1 the most obvious results I got from this product is that my skin is definitely fairer and brighter. Like some reviews I've read, there's almost this illuminating effect to your face, and it's especially obvious at night under white artificial lights. It's almost as if my skin is able to reflect light. Sounds crazy, but you have to try it for yourself to know! Also, I have yellow undertones to my skin that sometimes makes me look sallow, but I noticed that after using this my skin tone became more neutral/ whiter instead. I recently purchased a new foundation and to my surprise was matched to the "neutral" undertone shade instead of the yellow one (Dior 20 instead of 21).

In short, this works for me and does wonders for brightening my yellow toned complexion. Took 1 lippie off because so far that's the only result I am getting, it's definitely not a "miracle" or "cure all" product. I still have acne scars, large pores (oh the woes of an oily skinned girl), and fine lines, but then again I have pretty terrible skin to start with, so it may take some time. Maybe I'll do an update after I've finished the whole bottle if there are any long term effects!

on 1/18/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is mega expensive. I kind of hate that it works so well, because now I have to fork over the money to buy it again because I like it! I have dry sensitive skin, and this has made my 35 year old face look like it is 22. Luckily I don't have wrinkles yet, but I do worry about sun damage, and think my skin has lost a certain amount of "lustre" as I have gotten older. This is has brought it back. When I use it at night under my moisturizer, I wake up with a fresh bright dewy face. Something my moisturizer on it's own wouldn't do.

on 1/16/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm what is up with the hype?
I used up the whole bottle and nothing happened.
I use Clarins and Aesop toners regularly, and adding this in or subtracting it in
my daily routine made absolutely no difference to my skin.
Now I think of it, I haven't been using it
for about a year, and my skin is better...
I used it because I got it as a present, but I think many people just think it is good
and believe it is good because they want to justify spending much money on a bottle
of water.
Go see a dermatologist or a get a facial and massages, maybe you will see a difference, but absolutely not from this. Or use Aesop serums, at least they have pretty bottles to satisfy cosmetic vanity. I didn't even like having this bottle around because it is old lady looking and it does nothing. A silly product.
(bought at a department store counter)

on 1/14/2015 11:52:00 PM

After all the craze/hype I heard and red about Sk-II and their most famous facial treatment essence I decided to try it.This did nothing for my skin it did not hydrate or brighten or balance the oil and dryness .This facial treatment essence is slightly sticky like a light serum. Best applied using your hands in a patting motion not a cotton round. The consistency is not runny like western toners.. All this did was irritate my skin made it all red and started to cause breakouts. Being so expensive I do not recommend this if you have super acne prone sensitive skin. This does have a heavy fermented smell. I recommend buying a small sample to try first. To bad this and other products I've tried from Sk-II cause the same problem plus some included clogging my pores.

on 1/14/2015 1:08:00 AM

I tried this product a couple of years ago. It feels like you're just applying water to your face. I didn't find the smell too offensive (if a product works I'm willing to put up with any smell!). I don't believe there is such a thing as a miracle skin care product, but I'm always looking for things to help my skin. I bought this because I'd heard it can help with acne scars, even skin tone and give your skin a glow. Unfortunately, I didn't think much of this so called "miracle water", however I saw a friend who I don't see very regularly after using the FTE for a while, and she said "what are you doing to your skin?! You are glowing!" I was surprised because I hadn't noticed much of a difference (and I NEVER get compliments on my skin). Unfortunately, I was nearing the end of my bottle at that time and was in no position financially to fork out the money for another bottle. I've always wondered if I should give it another go and am thinking about investing in a bottle this week. I will update this review if I do :)

on 1/11/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this a year ago when imomoko.com had a sale on their SK-II products (their prices always deterred me from trying their stuff) and didn't expect much when using it other than to just faithfully use it every day (once a day at night, or if I was diligent in the morning too). Had read many reviews saying it's a waste to use a cotton pad to apply it, so I just shake the bottle into my hands 3-4 times for enough essence to pat into my face and neck. Maybe after about a month, I noticed a difference in that my other skincare items worked better and this along with few of my other skincare, helped reduce acne and acne scars. My face became more even and slightly glowy. After moving, I left it at my in-laws' home because I felt the heavy bottle wasn't practical to take along. It has been a few months without it, and I miss it so much! I wondered why I was breaking out so much and acne scars stayed (and of course it could be due to a # of factors for that), but I recalled even in my more stressful months, I didn't break out much at all. I can't wait to have this essence back with me!! I also bought another 215ml bottle as a backup.

Amazing product! I put off purchasing this for a long time because of the price. But it's worth every penny. Don't use a cotton pad to apply just use your hands. In two weeks my acne scarring has started to fade and my skin is glowing!

on 1/1/2015 12:11:00 AM

I'm not completely sure how much this is benefitting my face. However, I can say it definitely evens skin tone. My husband has had this dark brown acne spot on his neck for years, and I treated it with SK-II's essence for a week and it faded dramatically. I wasn't even sure if this product was doing much of anything until I saw that happen. My skin seems happy with it, but I haven't seen any dramatic improvement aside from evening out skin tone. I purchased this directly from Sephora (authentic product) in the largest size possible. It's about 3/4 of the bottle used after 8 months, using 2x a day.

on 12/21/2014 11:17:00 PM

I bought those tiny sample bottles from amazon.com, because the regular bottle was quite expensive. I'm one of those people that if a product works really well for me, I will spend some money to keep in my lifestyle. Before investing $200 on it, I wanted to try a mini version. Thank God, I did. I know alot of people believe in the "purging" effect, but after having a horrible time last year struggling with cystic acne, I do not believe in that theory. It took me half a year to maintain a consistent skincare routine....and find out what my skin liked and didn't like after going through such skin catastrophe. It was an extremely difficult journey, but I managed to figure out how to clear my skin without antibiotics or birth control. I wanted to do it the natural way, without harming my body.

Now...my skin gets really dry during the winter time. And I've read numerous reviews about Sk-ii restoring your natural skin balance and getting rid of those dry flakes on your skin. Some of my favorite youtubers have raved about this bottle and how it made their oily t-zone into a normal skin type. When I heard that, I was astounded and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. However, I waited a year and finally gave in and tried the sample bottle. I actually threw it away 4-5 days using the product when I realized I was breaking out in random pimples. As I stated before, I do not believe in the purging effect. I can't imagine what my skin would look like right now if I used it for two weeks. I think I literally saved my skin into turning into a pimple warzone. In the first two days of using Sk-ii, I noticed that my skin was looking more "radiant." I definitely understood why people were liking the product, because it provided a "glow" that I didn't have. However, that effect was short-lived, since I threw away the product after getting breakouts.

Ladies & gentleman (I'm sure there's some men out there reading these reviews as well), "dull-looking skin" is better than having acne. I would rather get my dry flakes any day than get random pimples on my face. I highly regret the decision on purchasing this product. It definitely made my skin more sensitive than it actually is. Even though I have been using the same skincare routine as I did when I cleared up my skin, it doesn't work as great now....And i seriously think it's because of Sk-ii.

If a routine is working for you and it's not breaking you out, DO NOT CHANGE IT. There will always be products, especially in our generation, where it will always claim to be the "new best thing." It's always going to happen, because we live in a society where they will come up with products that will claim to make your skin "better." Perfectionism will never be attainable, and sadly... I thought it would be attainable if I got my hands on Sk-ii. I thought, "I just have a little bit of red marks left from my previous acne....if Sk-ii could fix that, my skin would be perfect." Now, I'm trying to make my skin normal again, which is taking forever......

Sigh.

on 12/21/2014 6:48:00 AM

This essence works for me, and the results are enhanced when I use it with the Facial Treatment Repair C serum. I pat it with my hands onto my face, just a small amount, and I do try and take a break from it for a short while, so I use it every two days. My concern is that my skin will become sensitized to it if I use it too often. I`ve only noticed the unpleasant odor some people here mentioned after 2 months into my first bottle. Probably it reacts to something in the air once it`s been opened a few times and it gets that nasty saliva smell. Yes, it was nasty enough to make me throw away the rest of the bottle. Still, I`m on my third bottle now and I love the results.

Popular Treatments (Face)