October 25, 2014 | 1322 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Misszeeb

Ok product, not sure if it did anything more than a nice mask would do at a much cheaper price. Finished the large bottle recently and haven't noticed a decline in skin appearance,

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get that people have mixed feelings about this. It's pretty expensive, and the immediate results aren't exactly wow-worthy. But if I had to choose just one product out of my regimen to keep, it would be this one. Not my retinol treatment (Philosophy Help Me), not my face wash (Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel), not my toner (Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner), not my serum (Lancome Genefique) and - yes, seriously - not even my moisturizer (Neocutis Biorestorative Cream). This stuff legitimately replaces any and all of these items in a pinch. In the past couple of years, there have been periods of time when I've gotten extremely lazy in my skincare routine, sometimes even foregoing washing my face. But you know what always saves my skin after my laziest of times?? This stuff! I just pat some on after washing my face at night and wake up to noticeably clearer, calmer, healthier, more moisturized skin.

While the other products in my regimen together make my skin pretty darn radiant, this SKII essence can get my skin 80% there just on its own. In fact, it literally does what NO other moisturizer has ever done for me, which is deflake certain trouble dry spots around my chin/mouth/nose during the winter. When I'm breaking out, just this at night banishes erupting cystic pimples before they surface. I don't use this product to make my skin radiant or line-less. For that, I have my serum, retinol treatment and boundless optimism. But I do use this to save my skin when things are getting rough, and it ALWAYS comes through.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by annisapramesti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my holy-grail face treatment. I always apply it every morning after washing my face and before moisturizer. It helps balancing my skin. I have dry skin but i have big pores. Now my pores are smaller and my skin is more soft, smooth, and not dry anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ninable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 2 years now and I have to say it has really helped keep my skin balanced. I use to have breakouts all the time on my forehead and couldn't apply any moisturisers at all but since I've been using this I can apply some of my normal moisturiser to this part of my face without breaking out. Apart from my forehead and my chin, I have really dry skin, so I use 2 moisturisers and usually have to reapply or else I feel dry straight away. This product does make my skin feel more hydrated than before and I feel like I use less moisturiser as a result.

I use this twice a day after a toner, but before a serum and moisturiser (which is how its supposed to be used). You only need about 4 drops for your whole face so the bottle does last a long time. I like to buy the 75ml (small size) because I find it's better to get a fresh bottle after a while.

I will continue to purchase this product because it does seem to help my skin and I've become really accustomed to using it as part of my skin regime. One other thing to point out is when you first start using it you might find nothing is happening or you might break out a little, keep using it at this stage and you should find your skin gets better after about 4-6 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by ringo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this essence for years. Twice a day. It help to tighten my pores. Balance out my skin tone and overall complexion.
For first timer user, one thing that u will notice is the smell but nothing too over powering. You dont need much 2 drops is more than enough. I am using this in conjunction with sk2 facial treatment clear lotion.
If you are looking for good skin care and willing to spend a little bit more please give this a try. Cause it works wonder.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by SIPEDRO

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought into all the hype, how dumb am I??? Never again, waste of LOTS of $$$ =(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by fennyjunita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Super love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by makeupjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First tell a short story of my skin. Combination skin, prone to acne. Two years of using Estee Lauder advanced night repair serum. My skin was once quite ok then. After I tried a few aggressive products i experienced breakouts all over my face. It is the worst of my life. After that, I started using SK II facial treatment essence, and used it alone at night and at morning before moisturizer and makeup. Now the first bottle almost finished (215ml), my skin becomes back to normal. I can feel that it is back to the normal track! And what is more, I felt my skin is clearer and more healthy!

I have hauled another two bottles of it and decided to use it for the rest of my life! Seriously this is my HG skincare product forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by mzlin

I have heard so much about this bottle that one day at duty free before I flew, I just purchased this with other sk2 products ( cleanser, clear treatment lotion, cellumination essence and moisturizer ). They cost me a bomb yet best investment ever. Within 7-10 days, I can see visible results. My skin becomes clearer and less dull, it glows. I use FTE with other products too like when I am having few breakouts and I feel like I should not use whitening. It works but less visible results unlike using with SK2 products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Fresha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I just happily/reluctantly purchased my second bottle in a larger size. The first bottle I got was the 2.5 oz bottle in the value pack with the clear lotion and mask. This time I went for the 7.2. This product is one of those products that cost so much that I hoped that I would hate it and return it. Well, 11 weeks and an empty bottle later my skin is less oily and dark spots that weren't touched by retin-a, bha/aha, and many other products are fading (a lot). Only laser worked faster and better. It's been 4 days since I started using the very last drops sparingly (about 1/2 as much ~2 drops) and only once a day and my skin is beginning to oil back up. I spent a few years stalking this product before I took the plunge. When Sephora has it's Winter sale I'm going to get the 11 oz bottle and hope it lasts the whole year. $275-$55(20% off Sephora sale)=$220/12 mo=$18.33 per mo. That's not bad considering I was spending at least that on products I wouldn't finish/didn't work on my stubborn dark spots. I just hope it keeps working. *This is a message to those that read the boards and look over the reviews the contributors leave. Sometimes I post on the skincare board and I never mention that I use this product. It's one of those products that is doubted there. It really is too expensive to be used by most (including me, but I budgeted for this) and many times expensive products are shunned on the SC board. This actually is part of why I lemmed for so long.*