April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - Paula's Choice - All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Very natural looking on my maturing normal/dry skin. I have to mix 2 colours though (nude and sand) for perfection so one lippie off for that. Loving the fact that my skin still feels and looks like skin after I've applied it, but better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I've finally found my HG foundation -- at least for fall, winter and spring. I purchased this in Light Cream and it's very neutral in tone, perhaps leaning ever-so-slightly to yellow. I love the natural, semi-dewy look this gives me -- after a few minutes, it melds with my skin and most people can't tell I'm wearing foundation. It is slightly moisturizing and offers light but buildable coverage. Those seeking medium to heavy coverage or moisturizing effect will not be satisfied with this. Because the coverage is light I do use concealer under my eyes and to cover imperfections, but I don't want to wear a heavier foundation all over if I only need more coverage in a couple of areas. I love the tube packaging because it's sanitary and portable. I have not yet tested its wear in heat and humidity, but if it doesn't work well, I'll just use my Revlon CS Mineral Mousse for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by angelaustin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ever since my skin has gone from being oily to between normal and dry, I have had an awful time finding a foundation that doesn't sink into my pores. (I know, most of the time this happens with oily skin, but it has been the opposite for me). This is one of only two foundations I have tried that doesn't do that; of the two, this is the better bargain as the Vincent Longo foundation is very expensive at over $45 a bottle. It also offers more coverage than the Longo foundation. It wears well through the day and evens out my skin tone. I still have to use a concealer for a couple of spots and for under my eyes, but I have personally found that any foundation that offers enough coverage that I need no concealer also looks heavy and very obvious. The coverage this offers is just right, and my skin looks smooth and even. This is a great foundation, and very reasonably priced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not particularly like this one. It is kind thin and oily. It does not cover well, cling to dry patches, and sink into fine lines whenever possible. I got color "sand" which is too pale (not enough yellow). By the end of the day, my face just looked very odd. My face actually looks a lot younger and healthier without this foundation. A definite No-No.
Edit:
I tried this again-I exfloiate my face well, used a primer under the foundation, and set it with a finishing powder. The end result is very different. The foundation goes on smoothly, covers well (minor flaws), and lasted for a whole day (winter season. I think this will be heavy for the summer). The foundation somehow reminds me of a lighter version of Revlon's color stay for dry skins. I will not purchase this one again, instead I will go for Color Stay for oily/combination skins (nude shade).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jjms574

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had great results with Paula's skincare line but I can't say the same for her makeup collection. This one was recommended for my dry skin but she obviously doesn't cater to darker skin anymore, which I understand. As a business, you have to do what sells and it's mainly lighter skinned females who are buying from her. The darkest shade Fawn was a bit too light so now I just use it as a regular sunscreen and follow it with a foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I expect more from Paula's products because she seems to know everything and clearly uses that knowledge in her skin care lines, which I am very pleased with.

Her cosmetics however, not so much. I tried a sample of this foundation in a few shades and each seemed to be compromised by the sun protection (think white zinc oxide mixed with your regular foundation).

Come on Paula! If you can't live up to your own high standards, then do us all a favor and skip it. Stick with the good stuff (love her antioxidant serums, friends have had great success with her acne fighting line and matte finish serum). Her cleanser and self tanner? Only totally awesome!

Have yet to find success with any of her cosmetics. Don't think I'll be trying anymore.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by fortune222

Paula really needs to expand the color range of this product. In this day & age such a limited selection is almost shocking. Even I - a blonde! - couldn't find a color here that really worked for me.

Nude was a tad too light for the first hour, but warmed up a bit later and became acceptable. But in color products, honestly, I need near-perfect matches.

As with Paula's other color products, there's not a lot of coverage here, altho' it's the most coverage in her line. I would call it light-medium coverage. Spots or circles will require concealer.

It will even out your skintone nicely and take the edge off freckles, leaving a nice somewhat dewy but not too-much-so finish. The look is still quite natural on most people.

After the first 30 minutes, the product did feel a bit "heavy" on my chin, but that went away. I have combo skin, so I'm used to blotting, and that was the only time I blotted my chin all day. It didn't clog my pores or break me out at all.

It lasted a nice work day in a normal office environment over her HydraLight moisturizer. I liked wearing it and would buy it for spring and fall wear if she had more colors!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by faithmv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Paula claims that her foundation has no pink, yellow or orange undertones. I tried the Wheat shade and found it to be quite yellow. I really don't understand what is wrong with a foundation having a pink undertone if your skin has a pink undertone. This product also does not last very long at all. I love Paula's Choice skin products but am rather unimpressed with the makeup line she has out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by annefrosty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation, the lightest shade works well on my skin tone, though I think Paula needs to improve on color choices for her foundations. It is very thick so I won't be using it in the summer but for the winter months it'll work fine on my combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by jessgia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. It is creamy and doesn't make me look like I just baked a cake on my face. It is fairly sheer but it is very buildable. It doesn't cause me to break out (the skin on my face is very sensitive to fragrances, the rest of my body isn't). I do have to use a separate concealer under my eyes but I have always done this regardless of the foundation I'm using. I also like the tube packaging because it is more likely to remain uncontaminated, unlike bottles that are havens for bacteria after only a few uses.
I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who wants heavy coverage since it's sheer to moderate depending on your application. Since my skin is dry I find the finish refreshing - not greasy and not cakey - and it stays in place during my work day without gathering into creases or "sliding". I probably would have to do a touch-up if I were going out after work, so it's not aces on long term durability.
It's a good, basic foundation with a non-irritating SPF15 and no fragrance and it's priced the same as what you would purchase at a drugstore. A little goes a long way with this one!