Paula's Choice All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

3.7

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (Light Cream: 12.67%; Nude: 12.4%; Sand: 12.18%; Wheat: 11.83%; Fawn: 11.14%). Other Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane (thickener/texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Silica (absorbent silicone), Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate (skin conditioning agent), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol (silicone emollient), Hexyl Laurate (emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant), Polysorbate 80 (thickener), Polyethylene (film-former/slip agent), Alumina (opacifying agent), Magnesium Sulfate (thickener), Aluminum Stearate (thickeners), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickener), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben (all preservatives). May Contain: Iron Oxides (mineral pigments).

on 3/26/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use Paula's Choise Skin Recovery line and I wanted to like this foundation, but even though it is made for people with dry skin, as I wear it throughout the day, my face seems to feel and look drier and dull and flaky. I need to find something more dewy feeling and looking.

on 3/21/2012 8:40:00 PM

I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation. Things that I want in a foundations: natural but covers (I have dark circles and some acne scars), doesn't cake and luminous. This foundation meets every expectation. It goes on light to medium but is very buildable without looking cakey. It honestly gives you the "skin but better" look. I can't get over how amazing the price is either. This is coming from someone who loves high end makeup and will pay for good quality. I would recommend this for someone with normal to dry skin. I promise you will not be disappointed with this amazing foundation...you can order samples to try.

on 3/21/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am in love with this foundation and I HATE foundation! However, as I get older, I find my skin is not as prone to the "powder and go" option. So I've been looking for a foundation that doesn't dry, irritate, or look like makeup. Impossible to find, I thought, until I found Paula's Choice.

Being able to have samples was great since I would have thought I was a Light Cream, but am in fact Nude. The samples give you enough product for more than one application which is great! The product goes on like silk, remember though to have prepped your skin beforehand according to your skin type's needs, for me that's a good daily moisturizer. The coverage was just what I like, the "my own skin but better" look. It's not a made-up look which may or may not be achievable with more product. If you prefer a more made-up look, definitely try samples first, and maybe more than one sample in each color so you have plenty of product to play with. I have some scarring from old blemishes and I do still need to wear a coverup if I want to tone them down, some days I do and some days I don't care.

Although I prefer a more natural look, I also want a foundation that will last through more than just the morning. As light as this product felt going on, it had great staying power. It's not too drying so I was also able to wear some powder over it. My skin is very sensitive and I have rosacea but this foundation caused no irritation at all...of course, how could we expect any less from Paula? Higfh five to Paula, I have found my "Choice" foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was so hesitant to order foundation on line, but there are samples available so I tried it. I ordered "light cream" after trying the sample and have been VERY pleased with it. It is a light coverage thin cream that has a "my skin but better" finish. It does not look like I am wearing foundation at all and even at the end of a 14 hour day it still looks good - not cracked, settled into lines or pores, etc. I do not find it to be moisturizing on its own but it is not drying and has caused no breakouts for me. If you get it on sale with free shipping, it is more than reasonable. Too me, this stuff is like what I wished a tinted moisturizer would do (but I never found one that did) - it evens the complexion, covers minor imperfections and makes improvements to the texture/finish of my skin.

on 10/17/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just got a sample of this, and all i have to say is that this is NOT for cool toned pale skin ladies.

i sampled this product in Light Cream and it is too yellow and does not match my skin at all!

Good thing i only got a sample because i would not be able to leave the house wearing this.

I was disappointed because her toner & serum is great and i had higher expectations for her products.

on 6/30/2011 4:37:00 PM

Very natural looking on my maturing normal/dry skin. I have to mix 2 colours though (nude and sand) for perfection so one lippie off for that. Loving the fact that my skin still feels and looks like skin after I've applied it, but better.

on 3/1/2011 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I think I've finally found my HG foundation -- at least for fall, winter and spring. I purchased this in Light Cream and it's very neutral in tone, perhaps leaning ever-so-slightly to yellow. I love the natural, semi-dewy look this gives me -- after a few minutes, it melds with my skin and most people can't tell I'm wearing foundation. It is slightly moisturizing and offers light but buildable coverage. Those seeking medium to heavy coverage or moisturizing effect will not be satisfied with this. Because the coverage is light I do use concealer under my eyes and to cover imperfections, but I don't want to wear a heavier foundation all over if I only need more coverage in a couple of areas. I love the tube packaging because it's sanitary and portable. I have not yet tested its wear in heat and humidity, but if it doesn't work well, I'll just use my Revlon CS Mineral Mousse for summer.

on 1/16/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Ever since my skin has gone from being oily to between normal and dry, I have had an awful time finding a foundation that doesn't sink into my pores. (I know, most of the time this happens with oily skin, but it has been the opposite for me). This is one of only two foundations I have tried that doesn't do that; of the two, this is the better bargain as the Vincent Longo foundation is very expensive at over $45 a bottle. It also offers more coverage than the Longo foundation. It wears well through the day and evens out my skin tone. I still have to use a concealer for a couple of spots and for under my eyes, but I have personally found that any foundation that offers enough coverage that I need no concealer also looks heavy and very obvious. The coverage this offers is just right, and my skin looks smooth and even. This is a great foundation, and very reasonably priced.

on 12/28/2010 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not particularly like this one. It is kind thin and oily. It does not cover well, cling to dry patches, and sink into fine lines whenever possible. I got color "sand" which is too pale (not enough yellow). By the end of the day, my face just looked very odd. My face actually looks a lot younger and healthier without this foundation. A definite No-No.
Edit:
I tried this again-I exfloiate my face well, used a primer under the foundation, and set it with a finishing powder. The end result is very different. The foundation goes on smoothly, covers well (minor flaws), and lasted for a whole day (winter season. I think this will be heavy for the summer). The foundation somehow reminds me of a lighter version of Revlon's color stay for dry skins. I will not purchase this one again, instead I will go for Color Stay for oily/combination skins (nude shade).

on 7/1/2010 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've had great results with Paula's skincare line but I can't say the same for her makeup collection. This one was recommended for my dry skin but she obviously doesn't cater to darker skin anymore, which I understand. As a business, you have to do what sells and it's mainly lighter skinned females who are buying from her. The darkest shade Fawn was a bit too light so now I just use it as a regular sunscreen and follow it with a foundation.