October 31, 2014 | 1598 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by fihe

I got this as part of the Seaweed starter kit from The Body Shop. I'm not sure if this product is meant to be used by itself or in conjunction with another moisturizer, but no night moisturizer was included with the kit (just the day one) and it is quite drying! even though I have combo/oily skin, it feels too dry if I don't moisturize, especially at night -_- if I use it with my regular moisturizer, it's ok I guess. but I just don't see the point of this product. I'd never buy it by itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Sarahmercedez

this product , IS probably on of the most great products that i ve used now, after using that Pore perfector from the same regime, which made a HORRID out of my skin, i stopped using it, and start using only the night treatment day and night,
and i have to say, that is fucking amazing. !! although my skin, is SOOO prone to acne, and easily get BUMPS, and zits, and all sort of things,
as its very sensitive, this products really did it job pretty well,

at first , wearing it overnight, on my sort of severe acne, the next day, it will DEFINITELY shrink!! and after 3-5 days it will be completely gone, i m talking abt big NASTY acne, on my skin, 3-5 days would not happen with other products. it did not dry my skin, not like the other nasty acne treatment, works really well, red bumps dissapear within a day, i m just amazed. and i love it ! although i would want to discontinue using tbs, skin regime,cause i wanted a better and quick solution would still definitely REPURCHASE only this product to my skincare regime!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a part of a gift - it's a fairly gentle product but if you recently got a reaction to the skin (be it a blemish, sunburn, REALLYY dry skin from REALLYY cold weather #canadianproblems) I find that, well, IT BURNS.

I wish you got much more product in the bottle. You only need a little, but I almost feel bad using it, because there's such a small amount in the bottle! haha.

Give it a try, I'd say this is very dependent on your skin type and the climatic "norm" where ya live around!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by veybee

Very light and pleasing to apply; however,the results aren't all that impressive given its price: it moisturizes pretty well, but doesn't do much to control oily zones. Would buy it again if it goes on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Externally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product came to around 20 dollars after tax and I thought that was quite pricey. Now don't get me wrong I am willing to pay more than 20 dollars for a good night time serum, this just isn't it.

Not only did it not hydrate my skin enough, it made me skin feel almost sticky... I knew that was not a good sign immediately. I decided to give this product the benefit of the doubt because it was expensive.. I gave it a couple more weeks... not only did I break out everywhere my skin was starting to look discoloured and blotchy. I was stupid and gave it another week because I thought it was just something I ate... my skin was looking worst than ever. Now after about 2 or 3 nights not using this serum my skin has cleared up immensely.. I still have some blemishes that are still clearing up, but after I stopped using it my skin actually feels like it can breathe..

Short version: I will never buy this product again because it is poorly made and my skin did not handle it well. Caused blemishes, discolouration, and milia bumps.. Product was also pricey and didn't do the job. Great packaging though, loved the pump

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this product a while ago during a sales event. I have gone through lots of night creams but have not found my HG yet. Unfortunately, this is not the one either.

Although I think it mattifies well and is really light, it does not give me enough hydration. As much as I love it in its gel like form, it is not heavy enough for me. My face still feels a bit tight and dry after applying this treatment. I abandonded it after using it for awhile but recently pick it up again. This time I apply it first and then put on a heavy layer of sleeping mask.

I definitely need to find a more nurishing night cream but if your skin is oily and acne-prone, it might be good for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

Oh sweet lord this smells like fish. Yuck.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Well the first two weeks I felt like I'm a hero for continuing using it, it made my skin feel tight and like there's a layer of PVA glue on it.
Well then I thought I'll just put moisturizer on top of it and it does feel a lot better.
However I'm still not sure what it's supposed to do. My pores do look a bit better but since I also switched my face wash, I don't know whether this or the wash is to blame.
The pump bottle is good though, it gives out exactly the right amount to cover the entire face (if you gently squeeze, otherwise you'll get too much). So that's a plus!
So all in all I'd recommend moisturizer on top of this if you want to give it a go. I wouldn't buy it again though, I'll use the bottle up and that's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by psigise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this product, I didn't really like it. I used my regular cleanser, followed by the toner and then this serum (all of the seaweed line, from TBS). My skin felt a bit dehydrated at night and was crazy shiny in the morning. I don't mind the crazy shiny-ness in the morning (I wash it off, anyway) if I see good results in tone, texture or hydration, but I didn't see any of the above, so it seemed like a waste of money to me. I left it in the back of my drawer for a few months, and then noticed (through trial and error) that serums always work best (at least for me) if they're followed by a moisturizer. So, I decided to layer products. Again, I went for cleanser, toner, this serum, another serum (by avene, it fights blemishes) and then, I added the day-time mattifying moisturizer of the seaweed line. You wouldn't believe how great my skin is in the morning. It has improved the texture (smaller pores), it looks more even, the oil is better controlled and at the same time, I'm hydrated (thanks to the regular moisturizer). I'm so happy that I gave this product a second chance, so much that I'm almost out and I'll have to purchase a new bottle soon. If you have this serum and didn't like it, maybe you can try the layering method n_n. If you want to try it, I'd advice you to get a sample (or the travel size) of both the serum and the day-time moisturizer, and see if they work for you too. I hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The last product of this line I used. It contributed to my break outs from the other products...
I wanted to love this, I've been looking for a night cream/serum to help with minor acne and dryness. For the first few nights, this helped out a lot. Then my skin exploded.
Would not repurchase.