July 25, 2014 | 977 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Absolue Premium Bx Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was given out with one of lancome's GWPs. If this creme wasn't so expensive I would definitley buy this product. It really moisturized my skin and made it look a little more radient and best of all it didn't break me out. I have combination skin and when i used this product my face evened out. It did become a little shiny but all I had to do was brush a little powder on my face and it was taken care of. Powder can sometimes look too dry on my skin but it helped make my skin look perfect in combination with this creme. It moisturized my skin so much i actually had to use this creme for a few days and then switch back to a regular moisturizer for a day or too then continue use. I didn't mind doing this and Im sure more mature skin would not have to worry about that at all. I don't really know about the wrinkle fighting ability but if you have the money to spare it would be a great product to check out if you have dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Burned my face and eye area like crazy. I accidentally brushed my finger that I had wiped clean of all this product (so I thought) and it burned my eyeball for two hours!!! Because this product is so painful to put on, I cannot give it any time to see if it does what it says. Lancome realizes that people are putting this stuff on their face? Right?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Mommy818

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a PWP, and I got a 1oz glass jar of the SPF 15 day cream. I know they also make a lotion, but I am using the cream. I really like it! The ingredients are good, and it contains a chemical sunscreen. It does have petroleum in it which I am surprised at for the price of this item. It smells lovely, brightens up my skin and leaves my moisturized but not greasy. I have not broken out AT ALL with this which I am surprised by since it is geared for more mature skin. I love this although due to the price I would not buy it myself. If you have more mature skin and are looking for a day cream check this one out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Cares50

Absolue Replenishing Eye Cream is fabulous! Lovelovelove it - it is apparently intended for 30-40's eyes but as a 50 year old, I think it's great for all of us "older" ladies. I use it under my foundation in the am, and with my night moisturizing routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossom09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got some samples of this. I loved it! It made my face really soft. I thought I might have a problem with it because I have combo/oily t-zone. But it didn't break me out or anything. I tested it out on my husband and made him use the sample. He liked it too, and asked me to buy him some after the sample was finished. I went to Nordstrom and thought it might be like $5-70. When she told me the price, I nearly fainted. It was $155, and with taxes and everything, it came out to be about$165. I bought it and my husband continued to use it...me too. But every time I used it, that $ sign came into my mind. I felt so guilty for paying that much for a lotion, no matter how good it was going to be...I just couldn't justify it. So after about 2 weeks, I couldn't take anymore and returned it. Afterward, my husband's face went crazy because I made him use so many other stuff to make up for the Lancome I returned. Well, he started breaking out everywhere and his face was a mess. He got mad at me and told me to go back and get Lancome. So I went back and bought it again. I didn't use it when I got it the 2nd time around because I just didn't know if it was that good...so every day, I just put in on my neck because I have this line on my neck that is really annoying to me. All the while, my husband is happily putting it on his face...3 weeks later, the line on my neck is no longer so noticeable. It kinda disappeared...I thought I was seeing things. It's not completely gone yet, but I can barely see it anymore...at the same time, my husband face is clearing up and it is baby soft again...so I am convinced it works...I just wish it wasn't so expensive! I started on on Caudalie after I returned the Lancome the first time around, so now, after I finish my Caudalie, I will be going back to Lancome. My husband has oily face, but it didn't break him out either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I can't give Absolue Premium Bx FPS 15 5 lippies. The spf is only 15 and I really prefer an spf of 30 or higher. I would think that, at this price, Lancome would have some serious sun protection built in. 15 barely gets it and never on anyone with very fair sun sensitive skin.
Having said that; I tried Absolue Replenishing Cream and I LOVE it! I love the light scent. It doesn't sting my sensitive skin. It does sting my eyes though.
This lotion absorbs easily and left my skin with a nice dewey glow. I even used it on my neck and upper chest and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles diminished. My neck also didn't look crepey post application.
However; I can get equally good results with a L'Oreal cream in the $25 - $35 range or one of the higher end Avon creams in the $35 - $45 range. So I can't possibly justify spending $75 - $135 (yes, I've seen it priced up to $135) for a jar of Absolue. It's a nice cream, not a true God given miracle.
But I will enjoy the Absolue that I already have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this as a GWP and I was pleasantly surprised. Normally I don't try little jars of moisturizer as I have my staples. I've tried Lancome facial products in the past and was not impressed. But I have to tell you I really like this cream. I mean, even the scent which is not light, is catchy. I love that it is very hydrating and creamy. I think I'm going to actually buy this stuff and keep it around! This really is replenishing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lanlajolie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a sample, but the tiny little jar has lasted me for over 5 months. I really like this replenishing cream. It is moisturizing, light, has refreshing scent, and SPF 15. It has evened out my skintone and does not break me out. I know that I am still a bit young to be using this, but it's never too early to start taking care of your skin. I am very young, but since my skin is pretty dry (especially in the winter, gosh, it cracks all over in the winter!), I am already getting lines around my eyes and my mouth. And that's not very attractive for someone who isn't even past 21 years of age.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by elgyi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd been in need of some serious hydration for my undereye area and when I went home for Thanksgiving my mom rummaged through all of her GWP samples to see what I could try. I looked this up and noticed one of the other reviewers mentioned they used it as an undereye cream and thought I'd give it try since it is supposed to be super hydrating. I love it! I honestly saw a change overnight and have been using this at night for the past 2 weeks. The dryness is gone and my wrinkle lines have diminished a bit as well. I went to the Lancome website and this stuff is expensive but I will repurchase when the sample runs out (which shouldn't be too soon as I only use a dab at night and the sample is a generous size). I've combined this with Estee Lauder Hydra Complete, which I use in the morning and couldn't be happier!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by lolalasvegas

This is the first moisturizer to even out my skin tone. I have redness around the nose and my cheeks. I have tried everything and this is the first product that actually works. Only downfall is that it is expensive...although, it lasts a long time.