December 21, 2014 | 1703 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Styler/Dryer (Model 207P)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While this is far from a high-end hair dryer, it definitly gets the job done. I mainly only use this with the diffuser to dry my wavy/curly hair. The diffuser is great and stays put on the dryer, which is a plus. Compared to my other dryer (some cheapo one from CVS) my hair did take less than half the time to dry.

Doesn't work well, however, when blow drying my hair straight. Makes it smooth and shiner, but my ends always feel dry, and after a while my hair feels brittle.. Also, it's pretty heavy for a dryer and hurts my arms after a few minutes of use.

Altogether, I'd say it's a decent hair dryer, a little on the pricey side (I paid $65) but it works good for curly hair. Will keep using, when it dies I will look into a different dryer and probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lillian1717

I needed a hairdryer, read the reviews on hair, and immediately went out and bought it. Just finished drying my hair and wow...my hair never looks like this after I dry it! I've been using the a different Conair (ion shine) dryer...and my hair always somehow looks really dry and the ends are frizzy. This model 207P looks like I just got my hair blown out! Highly recommend using this with the concentrator (I have straight hair) and the conair round brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by MomColors

(This review is for model 213X from Ulta, the cool shot is in the front not the back) I caution you because I did try the other Conair dryers and they did not all work as well as this one. Price $39.99 on 5/08.

It is black with silver plates and 2 sliders in the front. Ininiti Tourmaline

Pros:
Air Power, lots of it. Diminishes a bit when diffuser or concentrator is added.
Guess what? On this dryer Cool is Cold even on the High speed yippeeee, Warm is Warm and Hot is Hot. Try finding that for under $80.
Cool/Warm/Hot
High and Low
Cool shot
Concentrator and Diffuser stay firmly attached.

Cons:
Conair has named all their dryers the same it's easy to pick up the wrong one.
It's heavy.
The nozzle could be a wee bit longer for styling purposes.
Weighted - I thought the Jilbere was more professionally weighted when I held it. This definitely has the drugstore feel.
Has the Ion on/off in the back. I personally think that Ion stuff is more marketing than reality.

Returned the Jilbere and kept this one. I needed Cold and Warm to dry my kids hair and my own. I have sensitive scalp and need to be able to cool it off. Cool shot buttons are a pain to hold down

Will update in couple of months to see if I am still yearning for the Speed Freak.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by RW28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Dries my hair quickly, is easy to hold (my arm doesn't get as tired as with other heavier driers), smooths my frizzy curly hair, and leaves me with just a bit of a curl at the ends. It comes with a diffuser too, which is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jerseygirl07067

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the model 207, though mine says 207T, perhaps it was recently updated. I finally made the switch to an ionic hair dryer after using my wind tunnel old Conair dryer for years (which still works perfectly). I wanted to try an ionic dryer since it's supposed to give your hair more shine and dry the hair faster. I have very thick hair, so faster drying time is what I'm looking for - I'm somewhat lazy, and don't like it to take more than 10 mins or so, (15-20 minutes if I'm using the round brush to straighten my hair). Well let me say, this dryer rocks!! I can dry my hair in 5-10 minutes, and it feels like total silk after I use it. It retails for $29.99 but with a coupon I had for Ulta I got itfor $23.99. You just can't beat the price. I absolutely refuse to spend a ton of money on a dryer and for the price this has 3 speed controls, 3 heat controls, a cool shot button, a concentrator nozzle, and a diffuser. In addition it comes with a limited 3 yr warranty. At my Ulta they have a wall where all of the dryers are plugged in and you can try them all, and check out the features. I had it narrowed down to this one, and two others which were over $100 bucks. Well to heck with blowing all my money on a hairdryer, I got the Conair Inifinti and love it! The only drawback is that the switch to change the heat control and speed is a bit awkward to slide, but for the price and features I'll force myself to get used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by gvgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up on a great sale and I am so glad I did. I was expecting just another standard dryer but I am very pleased with this. It has a lot of power and can really dry my long hair fast if I am in a hurry. I love that it has 3 heat setting and 3 power setting so you can get whatever combination of the two you want. The controls are easy to use and my hair looks nice and straight with minimal frizzies after using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by allison125

I love this hairdryer! It's so POWERFUL! It dries my hair super-quickly, without blowing SUPER-hot air.

My only complaints are that 1) the on/off button is hard to slide if your hands have any water or hair product on them and 2) the "cool shot" button is right where my thumb rests when I'm holding the dryer comfortably, so I sometimes get a blast of cool air and have to rearrange the way that I'm holding the dryer. Otherwise, though, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

Overall, I really like this blow dryer. For what you get it's reasonably priced (but still much more expensive than a conventional dryer). It works fairly quickly, unlike some that have much air flow to be desired. I'd recommend it to most people, especially anyone with damaged or curly hair that wants to get some shine and softness back in it.

My only beef is the packaging -- Conair is never the best with conserving materials, but I had over half a trash bag full once I unpacked the dryer. Makes me feel quite environmentally reprehensible -- even if it was just cardboard instead of plastic, I could recycle it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an AWESOME hairdryer! I've been using a regular ol' Conair dryer for probably the past 10 years. I assumed that puffy, dull hair after blowdrying was normal. I also tend to be very skeptical, so I wasn't buying into all the tourmaline hype. Well, I was buying the Infiniti Nano Silver flat iron anyway, so I decided to splurge and try this dryer after reading some positive reviews around the internet, and boy am I glad I did. This thing is truly amazing!!! Whatever the whole tourmaline thing does, it works. My hair is coarse, dry, and color treated, with a tendency to frizz. After drying with this, it is shiny, sleek, and gorgeous. I look like I've had a salon blowout every morning at home! Also, my drying time is practically cut in half. The attachments are nice although admittedly I've only used the straightening one and the little nozzle, not the diffuser. Bottom line is that this is a great dryer that produces great results. Anyone who was problem hair should definitely invest in one of these. If this thing ever kicks the bucket, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Description/Overall Conclusion:
 Tourmaline Ceramic™ Technology -Ion output helps smooth the cuticle layer creating silky, shiny hair; Infrared energy protects hair's natural luster
 For less frizz and more manageability
 Powerful high torque DC motor
 Extra Long Line Cord
 Soft Finger Diffuser
 Concentrator
 Unit weight: 2.95 LB

RAVES: VERY nice hairdryer! Much better than the Conair Infiniti Styler with the straightening attachment. The reason I say that is that if you don’t use the straightening attachment with the other Inifinit Designer (or whatever the he** they call it), you get NO benefits from ion, ceramic, nutrient, tourmaline or whatever else. Basically, it ends up being an expensive, simple hairdryer. Wait….that doesn’t pertain to this review. LOL Ooops. At any rate, the Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Styler is very nice. LOVE the number of heat/speed combinations it has. The motor is quiet yet powerful with 1875 watts and the dryer is fairly light weight. One REALLY neat feature is how the attachments snap on. Basically, the attachments lock to the barrel of the dryer which is nice – that was you don’t have any unintended diffuser injuries because it doesn’t pop off mid blow dry and shoot across the room (hate when that happens). I used it this morning with the diffuser and had nice yet controlled waves and volume. The price was nice too – found this at Linens and Things for $29.99 USD. Comes with 3 year warranty (may be a limited warranty – can’t remember)

RANTS: Hmmm..what can I say bad about this hairdryer? Ummmm….it’s ugly???? LOL Not really – it’s silver and black but if I had my preference it would be pink or some other girly color instead of so industrial looking.

continued >>