December 21, 2014 | 1923 users online

Fragrances - Paris Hilton - Can Can

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great fragrances can be found at all price points if you are willing to explore with an open mind and sense of fun! It's with this sense of open mind and fun that socialite celebity Paris Hilton's Can Can was inspired.
The attractive and colourfully lively Can-Can dancers of the Moulin Rouge cabaret of Paris are conjured up in this scent with notes of clementine flower, cassis, nectarine, wild orchid, orange blossom, musk, amber and woods.
Perfumer Jean-Claude Delville, who developed the applauded Givenchy perfume Organza Indecence, another sweet vanillic albeit woodsy favourite of mine, developed Can Can, which is a fruity vanillic floral with a touch of the oriental.
Once Can Can settles after the sweet top notes of fruits and vanilla cake, it becomes powdery and warmer. It has great lasting power - better than many fragrances in higher price ranges, (I'm looking at you Prada Candy which I also love and own, also sweet).
I would describe Can Can as very feminine, soft, sweet and happy.
If you like the core "softness" of Can Can but want something a little more serious with less sweetness, check out discontinued Escada's Magnetism in the transparent berry reddish bottle but sample it first - I own both, they are different enough to justify owning both - but I much prefer the more lighthearted fun femininity of Can Can. Incidentally, it lasts much longer than Magnetism too.
Contrary to what some have said, Can Can is not a dupe of Britney's Cupcake Kiwi Fantasy, Jessica Simpson's Creme Brulee Fancy, Caramelly Prada Candy or Aqualina's Pink Cotton Candy Burnt Sugar; I own all of them and they all smell distinctly differently, but Can Can is my most often reached for in this vanillic category for everyday
Now that the Christmas holidays are here I'll be looking out for a gift set with the shower gel and lotion so I can layer it.
At 40, I am probably not the target age for this perfume's marketing, but have no qualms with enhancing or creating a mood where I'm feeling happy, feminine, soft and fun!
Don't let a label and lower price tag limit your senses, your appreciation of scent and creative expression of yourself! :)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Can can is very sugary, girly, and suitable for the young at heart. I feel like i am in candy land when i decide to spray this on. One reviewer pointed out this smells like flowerbomb at fraction of the cost. I can somewhat agree. Flowerbomb also smells sweet and reminds me of Paris Hilton Can Can.
I prefer to spray can can when sunsets just because the scent is a slighty warm lovely amber

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells like fairy floss

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by natalielane123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This fruity/sweet/floral scent is great for all year round. Its pretty cheap too, i purchased a 50ml bottle for £12 from Amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Blackmamba323

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of cotton candy I just believed it was very strong and sweet for me but if your nose can handle it and you don't get headaches I recommend it Taylor Swift wonder struck smells similar to it but they change to there scents at the end

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pleasant, girly, fun. Nothing sophisticated or outstanding but a nice fruity-sweet scent. I can take a lot of sugar so this isn't really that sweet compared to scents like Pink Sugar, Midnight Fantasy, etc.

To me, it's a nod to - but not a copy of - other sweet celeb scents. Got to give it to Jean Claude Delville for a non-linear composition that doesn't start with the generic, overdone “fresh citrus” topnotes. However, it does smell synthetic and like air-freshener at the start. Of the florals, I find the fleshy orchid to be prominent but the middle portion of the scent is quite soft and weak compared to the opening. My favorite part is probably the drydown when the amber starts coming in. It lends an almost coconut-y aspect to the flowers. The woods and musk come in subtly and add cozy warmth and texture, turning the amber into vanillic yumminess. I just wish this part wasn't quite so soft.
---
Lasting power is not fantastic and projection is only good for the top notes, so that's where I take off some points. The other con is that the plastic cap doesn't stay on firm. It twirls on the neck and comes off with the lightest pull so it's not going to be travel safe if you're the type to bring fragrances out.

NOT for everyone because the opening is very sweet (like artificially-flavored fruit syrup). I'm going to say No to repurchasing because I have SO many fruity-sweet scents I'm still trying, but never say never.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like sweet vanillas for a boost. I held off until this was in marshals. I really like it for depressing fall days. Got it with a small lotion for only 20 bucks

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The fragrance can can is probably one of her best ones period I like the sweet candy foody smells and I do like this one. I tend to get alot of compliments with this one. The fragrance goes on and stays on and that is awsome! It is warm and cozy and wears well in the fall and winter time. The price is resonable not too pricey it's worh every penny. The visual and theme is great but they bottle is just plan ugly... the lid wont even stay on my bottle but the juice is what is really important isnt it and I guess thats all that matters. If you like jessica's fancy, britney's fantasy, katy perry's meow than you will love this for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's kind of emb, but there was a time that this was my HG perfume. I still like the scent, it's got cotton candy notes to it. My boyfriend at the time loved it, it's a very sultry, sexy, youthful scent. The staying power is pretty good too, better than some of my more expensive perfumes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by MoniMMa

This is one of my ultimate favorite perfumes to go out for a late night movie, dinner or just to go out. It has a sweet scent and lasts till you literally stick your clothes in the washer! That's the kind of perfumes I love to recommend, awesome smell ,and lasts! Definitely a must have!