August 1, 2014 | 1889 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Typographic

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by der08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard of this color thru Sarah Victor on you tube. Omg I just had to grab it. This is black without being black, if you catch my drift. It has enough pigmentation to pass as a black. The texture is so smooth I LOVE IT. Ya'll should def invest

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is my favourite eyeshadow of all time. It's too useful to pass up. Others have mentioned the texture, pigmentation, cOlour. I wanna add that this gives me that perfect smudgy powder kohl look i used to get with my kohls from pakistan... Without the hassle of fallout and eye irritation. Also... This turns the simplest looks into beautiful sexy eyes with the addition to crease, or outer v, or used as liner (depending on your brushes and placement). It is just sublime, lending that extra something that propels your makeup out of blah, to hot. If i were to give someone a mac shadow as a gift, it would be this one, seemingly boring but actually glorious.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Woohooooo! First of all let me say that I am a 'newcomer', if you will, to eyeshadows in general. I've never been an eyeshadow girl but recently I've became besotted with looking at all the different colours on the MAC website. I bought this after an extensive search through reviews and favourites and Typographic was among the 3 I bought (along with Satin Taupe and Espresso) although I did already have 2 that I use now and again... but pretty much rarely really (Woodwinked and Era). I have to say that Typographic applies very smoothly and is BLACK. Black, or you can say a very dark grey. Either way, it has a creamy consistency and is very pigmented. It LASTS and doesn't 'slide off' your lids into the creases. I'd recommend this to anyone. I pair it with Satin Taupe on the lids and Typographic in the crease when I have a night out. Fab fab fab! :-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by bareminerals4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Typographic is a matte, blackened gray with a creamy, smooth texture. No chalkiness here at all. This works quite well as a soft or precise liner, crease color, outer v definer, and on the lid blended upwards for a dramatic, classic smokey eye. It is essentially a a better version of Carbon. Although it isn't necessarily a true black in the pan, the pay-off is a thousand times better and can be built up to appear black on the eye. This is one of those eyeshadows that goes on forever because it is so ridiculously pigmented. I've had this for over a year and have hardly made a dent. Will repurchase if I ever run out!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Nice matte grayed black, smooth texture, good payoff, no fallout. Very happy with it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

really, not much different to carbon, just abit more pigmented i think. its black, how different can blacks be??
i bought this for dirt cheap in america as part of a 4 palette, so $11 for the pan. i use it, but im indifferent. its just a plain old black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

this goes on very smooth, love the color

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC matte[squared] shadows are AMAZINGLY pigmented and smooth! it's a shame they don't make more in this formula. Typographic is a deep black with excellent pigmentation and buttery smooth texture. I love it for smokey eyes and it's very easy to apply and blend. love it and love the matte[squared] formula!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Chinadoll3

Very pigmented, but also very easy to blend. Its a dark grey/black colour but you can blend it to be a much lighter grey. I like it to line and define my eyes, probably more of an evening look and it would look lovely smudged into a smokey eye, i wont repurchase because its quite expensive for such a basic colour, and one i dont reach for much.
EDIT: wow. this is very soft! i just transferred it into my palette and a couple of days in there and a big chunk has smashed and fallen out. Definetly keep this in its original pot if you think it might get battered in your palette-im not even clumsy with my MAC palette!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love using Typographic as a liner, since it's softer than basic black but still looks dramatic. It is very pigmented, and the texture is soft and blendable. It works well in smokey looks, but it's a little too dark for me to use as a shadow regularly.