MAC Matte2 - Typographic

4.8

on 2/4/2012 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Typographic is amazing! It's a deep charcoal that's soooo easy to work with. Many matte dark colours can be hard to blend and go on uneven, but Typographic is such a joy to work with. It's just perfect for an all-out smoky eye, or just to add a bit of darkness into the crease for any look. IMO this is a must-have for anyone building a MAC eye shadow collection. It may not look like a true black like Carbon, but this will do exactly what you want Carbon to do, and it will do it better!

on 12/13/2011 12:56:00 PM

Perfect. Dark charcoal brown, super blendy, super pigmented, a complete dream to work with. Two thumbs up.

on 11/27/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

I heard of this color thru Sarah Victor on you tube. Omg I just had to grab it. This is black without being black, if you catch my drift. It has enough pigmentation to pass as a black. The texture is so smooth I LOVE IT. Ya'll should def invest

on 11/11/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite eyeshadow of all time. It's too useful to pass up. Others have mentioned the texture, pigmentation, cOlour. I wanna add that this gives me that perfect smudgy powder kohl look i used to get with my kohls from pakistan... Without the hassle of fallout and eye irritation. Also... This turns the simplest looks into beautiful sexy eyes with the addition to crease, or outer v, or used as liner (depending on your brushes and placement). It is just sublime, lending that extra something that propels your makeup out of blah, to hot. If i were to give someone a mac shadow as a gift, it would be this one, seemingly boring but actually glorious.

on 9/29/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Woohooooo! First of all let me say that I am a 'newcomer', if you will, to eyeshadows in general. I've never been an eyeshadow girl but recently I've became besotted with looking at all the different colours on the MAC website. I bought this after an extensive search through reviews and favourites and Typographic was among the 3 I bought (along with Satin Taupe and Espresso) although I did already have 2 that I use now and again... but pretty much rarely really (Woodwinked and Era). I have to say that Typographic applies very smoothly and is BLACK. Black, or you can say a very dark grey. Either way, it has a creamy consistency and is very pigmented. It LASTS and doesn't 'slide off' your lids into the creases. I'd recommend this to anyone. I pair it with Satin Taupe on the lids and Typographic in the crease when I have a night out. Fab fab fab! :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Typographic is a matte, blackened gray with a creamy, smooth texture. No chalkiness here at all. This works quite well as a soft or precise liner, crease color, outer v definer, and on the lid blended upwards for a dramatic, classic smokey eye. It is essentially a a better version of Carbon. Although it isn't necessarily a true black in the pan, the pay-off is a thousand times better and can be built up to appear black on the eye. This is one of those eyeshadows that goes on forever because it is so ridiculously pigmented. I've had this for over a year and have hardly made a dent. Will repurchase if I ever run out!

on 7/14/2011 8:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Nice matte grayed black, smooth texture, good payoff, no fallout. Very happy with it

on 5/28/2011 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

really, not much different to carbon, just abit more pigmented i think. its black, how different can blacks be??
i bought this for dirt cheap in america as part of a 4 palette, so $11 for the pan. i use it, but im indifferent. its just a plain old black.

this goes on very smooth, love the color

on 4/20/2011 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

MAC matte[squared] shadows are AMAZINGLY pigmented and smooth! it's a shame they don't make more in this formula. Typographic is a deep black with excellent pigmentation and buttery smooth texture. I love it for smokey eyes and it's very easy to apply and blend. love it and love the matte[squared] formula!