October 21, 2014 | 1855 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Hydrating Concealer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by chrissyco0rs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! I have been using it for about a year. Great coverage. Dries quickly. You only need a tiny bit, so it lasts forever. I use this with Dior's Icone Creme to Powder FDT.. the heavy scents clash and are sometimes too much for me. This and Icone are the only, ONLY two liquid/cremes that have not broken me out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

This concealer provides great under-eye coverage minus the heaviness and it looked really natural.I've tried blending with my foundation to give my foundation more coverage and it does works wonder. i have acne-prone skin but i find it quite ok for my skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ILChazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer to cover my dark circles and red veins. I was looking for medium to full coverage that looks natural, so I ordered #430 Medium Beige hoping it was the right color for me. It turned ORANGE on my medium skin. However, the texture seemed just fine, coverage and lasting power as well (which is true miracle for me considering my extremely oily and sensitive skin). Eventually I found a perfect match for my skin tone-#520 Light Golden. I apply it with my BE max coverage concealer brush and it works wonders! Best concealer I've tried so far! The smel isn't that great but one gets used to it. Price is reasonable, IMO, because 15ml tube lasts more than six months and I use it everyday! Overall great product, coverage is decent yet natural and that's the most important thing to me!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

umm...maybe they have changed the formula for this stuff but i really didn't like it. the colors are ok and it *seems* like coverage would be smooth but for some reason, on me it just looks awful. it almost looked like it was beading up on me. when i first put it on it looked extremely heavy and then just kind of faded as it settled in to my tiny lines. i couldn't tell if it was moisturizing because it almost disappeared. the skin started to look dry too. this is going back to saks =(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by chocoRERE

This tube concealer from Dior is a real treat. If you have ever used YSL Touche Eclat its like that but with more pigment for coverage. It never looks too light getting that obvious "I use light concealer to banish dark shadows" effect. Shade 410 blends perfectly and NEVER is cakey and a tube lasts forever. To think I use it almost every day and have used it for body coverage (imperfection on chest or shoulders) and I have to throw the tube away since I think its past its expiration date!!! SA was right when she said it would last forever...lovely applied with fingers or a brush, application is effortless. Can't rave enough and I have tried many concealers. YSL tube concealer is nice too but second to this gem. Also a plus that it doesn't dry out fragile eye area too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

I dont use this on my face bc It s too greacy for my oily skin but I do use it on my eye area and works good not super good perfect good just good.I also have problem with the shades I can t find a muching one (I m nc25-30)the lighter shades have pink undertones and the darker shades are orengy.As for the long wearing part(as the name says)double wear by estee lauder is MUCH more long wearing.Has creamy texture,low to (almoste)medium coverage,smells bad.I think this one is one of the first concealers Dior made so this formula is a litle behind much more improved formulas have come out since then.I guess this is an ok concealer if you have money to spend personaly I m so pleased with my select cover up concealer by mac that I will not buy this one again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by OrchidGoddess

The full product name is Anticerne Perfecteur - Long Wearing Moisturizing Concealer. Happily, this product lives up to it's name by providing full, long lasting and moisturizing coverage. It's definately a more "heavy-duty" concealer than say Dior's SkinFlash - which is more of a luminator, and light concealer. I've been very pleased with the coverage on large, unruly blemishes, or areas that have broken out and need a wider area of coverage.

I purchased two different colours a few years ago - there is no shimmer that I have seen mentioned in other reviews. Perhaps the formula has changed a little. As you can see, this product lasts and lasts. A little really does go a long way!

I am very fair in the winter, so I use colour 410 Light Beige, and when I am tanned I use colour 520 Light Golden. The colours match very well with my skin tone, so when you blend them, and put your foundation over top, you cannot see the concealer. The coverage is excellent, allowing you to cover up blemishes, under eye circles etc, easily. I also like how it doesn't go "cakey". The tube itself is excellent, allowing for a precise and hygenic method of application. I generally put it on my finger or concealer brush and then apply to my face/body.

There is a fragrance to this concealer, which I find to be quite pleasant.

Final Verdict: A fantastic full coverage concealer - great for face and body (think lurker on your shoulder in a strapless dress - been there, hidden that! LOL)
    Recommend: Highly. A must have for your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by bellabunny

After thinking i'd found my HG concealer in EL smoothing cream concealer i tried this as the colour range of the EL concealer was not enough. i bought this in light golden and have found this to be a perfect match and covers imperfections and dark circles wonderfully! It lasts all day and has a nice smell and of course 15ml for the price is awesome so it should last a very long time! Definitely my new HG concealer!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My undereye circles are pretty dark- and they aren't the type that can be cured by a good nights sleep. I have tried sooo many concealers, but none of them have worked as well as this one, and heres why...
    1) I love the sanitary tube packaging. I don't have to stick my fingers into a gross little pot of concealer, and risk getting it under my fingernails.
    2) It's very concentrated. You get a pretty decent amount of product in the tube the way it is, but you really only need to tiniest amount of product to cover an area.
    3) It brightens under my eyes, but still works perfectly for blemishes.
    4) It lasts throughout the day without touchups! It doesn't change color, it doesn't get greasy and oily and slide down my face, and it doesn't settle into lines around my eyes or cake.

I would desribe myself as having a medium skin tone (depending on the product, in MAC products I range from an NC30 at my palest and NC40 at my darkest). I use "430" in this concealer. As far as I know it only comes in three shades, and I think "430" is the middle shade. In the summer I could probably go with a shade darker. Best concealer I have tried so far- highly reccomended!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by meg_d

I found this to be just Okay. Didn't find that this concealed much, which is why I think most people buy concealers. It had an okay smell (like soap), but really that is not important to me. I wouldn't buy it again and found the drugstore concealers to cover and conceal much more than this did. I also didn't get the moisturizing part? Didn't seem to do much of that either.

Overall I have been disappointed with Dior foundation as well.