July 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Powder - Sephora - Matifying Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by josephinegarcia210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product worked greaat with my super oily skin!!!!!! i loved it the color was awesome and it looked so velvet smooth on my face ! i live in texas so it with stood the humidity and the oil with my primer it stayed with no problem! the color range they offer on this product is amazing. overall in the end i was allergic to this product, it cloged my pores and made me break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This powder foundation has very quickly become an essential part of my everyday makeup routine. It has been helping me through some difficult skin times.

Some of the reviews here are really meant for their mineral powder which is way sheerer than this and is not a foundation really. So if its saying low/no coverage, its not a review for this. Also if the review states it came in a kit (buildable coverage), that is again for the mineral powder and not this.

I started using Retin-A and noticed increased breakouts, I got a facial and from there it went downhill. At 24 I started getting all-over breakouts worse than when I was teenager and to make matters worse, they were leaving horrible black scars. I had bleeding areas, active acne as well as varying degrees of dark scarring ALL OVER after spending years working on (and achieving) clear skin, so you can imagine how self conscious I was about this.

Anyways, the long story was necessary to understand how truly wonderful this powder is. I considered getting MAC Studio Fix powder since I needed very heavy coverage, but having used that in the past I knew it made my skin worse (pore-clogging), it would always oxidize and turn orange, and the transferability was terrible. And its kind of expensive. I decided to give the Sephora product a try, the price was way more affordable, I remember having a good color match with their mineral powder, plus there was a 10% coupon.

At first I got the wrong color match, but the coverage was amazing. Tan D33 I believe for my NC42 skin - D35 was too dark. Studio Fix and Clinique's Perfectly Real powders both oxidized and clogged my pores, despite their amazing coverage. This doesn't feel too heavy on, and the color DOES NOT change or darken. Also, it is heavy coverage but still natural looking. You can tell when someone is wearing StudioFix or that MUFE powder foundation - their face looks very powdery and almost fake. Some like that, and I agree it can look nice, but it's not an everday work look for me.

The included sponge provides a good application for me. I press it on, slightly blending, and buff it out with a clean mini-kabuki style brush. I should state that I use this in addition to a good coverage foundation (Maybelline Super Stay). Using this has helped me feel a lot better, as it is depressing each morning to see all those scars and marks and discoloration all over my skin. My family thinks the transformation is amazing because with this makeup on, you cannot tell what a nightmare my skin looks like underneath. My skin looks smooth, clear and even toned but still natural.

It hasn't clogged my pores at all, and I wear it for a VERY long time Monday-Friday, 7am-10pm (sometimes later). I know this because my skin has been able to heal and clear somewhat with the use of skin care products, so I know this isn't adding to the problem at all. Very rare for a heavy coverage product.

I should also add that it doesn't make me go shiny during the day, which is a huge plus for me since this has a tendency to occur with just about everything I use!

It may be too heavy for some (coverage wise, it doesnt feel heavy on), and believe me, I wouldn't be using it if I didn't absolutely require the coverage. I can't stress how helpful this has been for me, and the fact that it doesnt break the bank is another plus.

I should add that I have always followed a nightly makeup removal and cleansing routine, which is important generally, but especially when using heavy coverage products such as this. My cleansing routine is as follows:

- Makeup Remover (Clinique TTDO balm or Lancome Huile Douceur)
- Cleanser (it varies, but I always use with either the Olay ProX brush or a cellulose sponge)
- Toner (Clinique Level 2 or the blue Lancome one)
- Moisturizer and any treatment products.

I hope this has been helpful to anyone curious about this product. I have repurchased once and will continue to repurcahse as long as it is necessary to do so, which (as much as I love this product) I hope isn't too long. The first compact lasted me about 5 months which is amazing, so it's also a great value. Believe me, I do not use this sparingly!

=)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Kimdashylips

This is a great foundation, stays on all day. Recently I went to day glow a crazy paint rave concert (google it) and it poured rain on me I was also soaked in neon paint and this somehow stayed on my face. Awesome. Love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I bought this on sale, in shade D10. It's not a bad foundation in terms of finish and lasting power, but unfortunately it doesn't provide any coverage. I like the way my skin looks after it, and I don't get very oily very fast (I still need to blot once during the day, at least), but it doesn't cover my blemishes or hide my pores. It evens out redness around my nose pretty well, but that's just it. If you have oily skin and you want a light coverage, this is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works waayyyy better than MAC foundations, hands down. MAC just leaves my skin so much oilier and causes breakouts despite so many raves about it. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this one. Sephora mattifying foundation lasts on my skin all day, keeps me looking fresh and not oily, doesnt break me out too. It has good coverage too! I will keep coming back for this product again and again. LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

I love powder foundations. It's like a 2-in-1 for me. I love the natural finish and the coverage without the pore clogging and dewy residue. I was using Bare Escentuals for awhile but I could have sworn they decreased the size and kept them at the same price. The Sephora employee recommended me this powder foundation, and I'm glad she did! Has great coverage and evens out my skintone. I use concealer so I don't need anything too powerful when it comes to foundation, so this quality at this price ($20 for the compact and it's a decent size) is perfect! Highly recommend for anyone who desires light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

Picked this up in the lightest shade (D05) at Sephora because I was nearly out of my Cover Girl Fresh Complexion powder foundation, which I'd used for the past eight years. I'm between a NW15-20 and the shade match is perfect. This powder foundation is long lasting and offers medium coverage. I don't use the sponge in the package because a powder brush works so much better. The packaging itself is kinda cheap and awkward. I mean, who puts the mirror and sponge under the product that you have to flip up?

I've been using this product all summer and it has worked well. I dust this on after my TM and concealer and it holds all day. No oxidizing, minimal transfer, no caking after 10 hours. Honestly, though, I'm not sure why I switched to this Sephora foundation for this summer. I guess I just wanted something new, but CG Fresh Complexion works just as well (same coverage, same mattifying and oil-control power) as this $20 product at less than half the price. I obviously love Sephora, but this product is not better than a DS find. I'm taking off one lippie for the packaging and one lippie for the price. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

This powder broke me out really baddd.....i even started to have bumps around my eyes areas which i never experienced from other product.....

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by NirvanaxSunbeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation as a part of Sephora's buildable cover kit, and I actually really liked it. I would say that this has medium coverage, which is really all I need to even out my skin and cover up some old acne scars. As far as oil control goes, it's pretty decent; I can wear it for about four or five hours before I really need to blot. The colour I use (the one that comes in the Tan builable cover kit) is D35, which matches my skin perfectly (I'm NW35 in Mac SFF). I have repurchased this since my original one ran out and I still love it. Definitely a good buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by kaye_511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always like trying new products so I thought I would pick this up after my Laura Mercier Foundation Powder ran out. I tried it on in the store and D34/Tan worked well for me. I'm usually pretty fair but right now I'm tanned. However, when the SA was helping me with this product, she did not mention to me that it was an oil-free foundation so after a few hours of wear, the foundation looked very cake-y and I looked very oily. Also, the foundation oxidized so much that I looked so dark and it no longer matched my colour. I also didn't like the packaging. I find it very hard to open and I don't like how the mirror is underneath where the sponge sits, why bother having a mirror at all? Overall, I was not impressed with this foundation. I'm not meant for oil-free foundations since I prefer to look more matte than dewy and I like my skin to look very polished and flawless and this product clearly did not do that. I exchanged this the next day for my usual Laura Mercier Foundation Powder in no.5, even though the colour is a little light for me right now, and sucked up the $25 price difference.