November 27, 2014 | 953 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength Diamond Shine Top and Base Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by spicymulberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a phenomenal waste of money. I did my nails with this and a cream OPI polish. One thin coat of the Sally Hansen, two thin coats of OPI, one coat of Sally Hansen. Three hours later, I thought my nails would finally be dry. I put on my coat, and the edge of my nail smudged, getting fuzz stuck to it. Three hours later! Finally, as I was sitting at the computer tonight, I smacked my hand into something, and the colour didn't chip off, it peeled away from the nail like rubber. This stuff is absolute rubbish. Back on the hunt for a decent top coat and base coat. This stuff wasn't it. Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Laurin

Oh, how I wish I had looked up the MakeupAlley reviews for this product before I bought it! I had run out of my other Sally Hansen "Diamond" nail hardener and thought that this would be a good replacement. How wrong I was! The product flakes off, does nothing to prevent breakage and causes major bubbles as a top coat.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Kerri8d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It makes bubbles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone seems to hate this product, and I love it, lol. I use it on top of 2 coats of a soft pink Essie nail polish, and this gives me that `wet` looking shine I love so much. Last about 2-3 days, depends. Makes my nails a bit stronger too. I don`t use a base coat, just the 2 think coats of the Essie. Maybe that is the trick?! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Thediva2012

The biggest problems I have had with this product is that it bubbles and another major one is I let my nails dry for a solid two hours then took a shower by the time I got out of the shower the nail polish practically started peeling off at the tips and then the whole thing came off. Absolutely ridiculous and one of the worst top coats I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by hikerfrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a topcoat this doesn't extend the life of my mani or prevent chips. But it does add shine. It's too thin to smooth over ridges but will smooth rough glitter, like Darling Diva. It stays shiny for at least three days. I don't know about longer since my polish is a chipped mess by then and I take it off. It's dry time is average for a non-quick dry topcoat. I wouldn't buy again at full price, but I might on clearance.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by minusthegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Someone else reccomended I try this product. I'm sorry I did. It was rather expensive (I think $6.00 for a bottle at Target) and I had high hopes for it but it dissapointed terribly. I applied a coat over my freshly done nails and waited for about a half hour for them to dry. Half an hour later I bumped into a bedpost and was appalled when my nails had smudged. Not dry after half an hour? Hmm.......first warning sign. I re-did the nails that had smudged and waited longer for them to dry, but I noticed that it had left bubbles on my nail polish. Strike two. The final insult came two days later. I noticed that my polish was lifting for some reason, and when I attempted to smooth it back into place, my nail color peeled off my nail. Also, the formula is terrible. It's very thick and prone to clumping, and sometimes when I lift the brush out of the bottle, a thin strand of polish will follow, like a spiderweb strand. Gross. I'm done. I tried this stuff once more with a thinner coat but got the same results. I still have the bottle but now that it's half empty and hard to get the polish out I think I'm just going to toss it. I've gotten better results from LA Colors Base and Top Coat that I bought at the Dollar Tree. I hate this stuff. It's overpriced and does not do what it says it will do.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by polishzilla

I'm a big fan of SH polishes and treatments, but I was really disappointed with this one. After spending a hour painting my nails, I put this on and was happy with how it looked- it made my nails look nice and glossy, and it was a cinch to apply. Fast forward to the following morning and...my nails looked awful and dull and had bubbles on them! I thought I must have applied it too thickly, so I tried it again on my next mani, this time in a much thinner coat. Same problem! I work at a pharmacy and deal with the Coty rep, and I'll definitely be letting her know how much I hated this product, along with how many reviewers gave it a low lippie rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by CelestialSunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this topcoat! It makes my nails super strong and keeps polish on for 4 days+ (I dont know past that because the polish begins to wear at the tips.) My biggest peeve of nail polish is when it chips, even a tiny one, then the whole manicure is completely ruined. But with this it doesnt chip, an dI can handle the wear at the tips of my nails. Im actually almos tout of this and need a new bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cammbo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible product! Caused my nail polish to bubble and then peel within a few hours... The worst topcoat i've ever tried!