MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 7/13/2015 4:12:00 AM

I like it, but keep in mind its very sheer! more than I expected. C3 matched very well i'm nc25-30. I tried pairing this with a highlighter and it was way too shiny/dewy so I had to take it off. So I would not recommend this with a highlighter.

on 7/12/2015 2:50:00 AM

This is a good moisturising fondation , however it does not provide a good coverage.

on 7/9/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

So this has been my go-to foundation for almost a decade now. It is sheer, but buildable. I need foundation to cover moderate acne scars and rosacea, but I hate the feel of foundation on my skin. Almost all other foundations I've tried (and I've tried a lot) feel like a mask on my skin, and worst of all, gather in my pores, making them look bigger. But this foundation does neither. As it is a water-based foundation, it feels quite moisturizing, and does not irritate my skin like most foundations and concealers do. It's not a long-wear formula, so you may need to reapply, but the good thing is that as it wears away, it just kind of disappears, rather than collecting in clumps like many foundations.

The bottle it comes in is good for fitting in your makeup bag, and is easy for dispensing product. However, I find that a lot of the product leaks out the top and into the inside of the lid, which is annoying. And because of that I take away a rating lipstick. In Canada the 120ml bottle costs $42 plus tax, and the 50ml bottle costs $32 plus tax. I think the only reason to buy the smaller bottle would be if you were trying it for the first time, but the larger bottle is such good value, and besides, MAC is great about giving you sizeable free test amounts, that I doubt anyone actually buys the smaller bottles.

I used the lightest neutral shade, C1, and its great at toning down the redness in my skin and gives me a great dewy finish. If you like a matter finish, just follow with one of their powders.

Hands down, one of the best foundations I've ever used! I don't have any complaints about the product, but I do have a lot of raves about it!

-You get an enormous amount of product. For $40 CDN you get 120mL...that's just insane when you only get 49mL for the Makeup Forever Face and Body at $50 CDN.

-The consistency is unreal. The product is so sheer, yet extremely buildable and mimics real skin to a T. It is mostly made of water so you don't get that oily, heavy feeling and once it sets you get this incredibly realistic glow to your skin.

-I love the packaging. It's a squeeze bottle which means you can control the exact amount of product that comes out and even when you get to the very bottom of the barrel (which will take forever because a little goes a long way), you can squeeze it all out, so you won't be wasting anything.

Honestly, for the price, qty, and quality of this foundation, and the fact that you can wear it day or night (no flash back with this stuff), it's absolutely PERFECTION in a tube.

I've spent years going from different foundations to different foundations trying to find one that I could stick with and I found it! I love this foundation! I have dry skin and it is so moisturising, and so thin and build able. It looks so natural on the skin and not at all caked on. It also works really well on the body as the name suggests if you have marks on your legs or bruises anywhere.

Also what is great is the price, I paid around £20 for a 50ml bottle, and you can get an even larger bottle for around £28 which makes it (per ml) cheaper than most drug store foundations! win win.

on 6/30/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When i first tried this foundation in store i was in love , it gave me a nice healthy glow and it was very light the sales associate recommend that i put on a powder on top so she applied it for me. I loved the way it looked. However when i got home and saw myself i had an eeeek moment. I looked soo greasy and oily , i was actually embarrassed only after wearing it for a few hours. I have combination oily skin i think this is better for people with dry to normal skin. I had a sample of this which i ended up mixing with heavier foundations which worked out for me. But i will not be repurchasing this, i wish this worked for my skin because it is beautiful at first.

on 6/26/2015 10:52:00 PM

I was disappointed by this product. I have normal skin with minor complexion redness depending on the weather. The coverage wasn't as good as what I was told it would be. It comes highly recommended by makeup artists and bloggers although I will stay with my Nars luminous foundation and L'Oreal true match.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my 2nd time trying this foundation. The first time was about a year ago and I hated it because it gave me zero coverage, I have oily skin and it was melting off my face, leaving my face so greasy throughout the day, and completely gone by 5 hours max. So I was thinking that this foundation is definitely not for oily skin and will never worked with my skin type.

I have always been using a matte & full coverage foundation and loving the Estee Lauder Double Wear. But then lately I'm kind of sick of full coverage foundation so I was looking for a light/medium coverage foundation that would feel light on my face. I decided to give this foundation a try again as I was thinking that back then I probably didn't use proper method of applying / primer / and setting powder and maybe that's why this foundation always slid off my face. So this time I use a good mattifying primer, I followed many suggestions here by using my fingers to blend the foundation until the consistency becomes thicker like a "film" (was using a brush back then) and yes, I got a completely different result, then I apply a mattifying setting powder, and finish it up with a setting spray if I plan to stay outside in the sun (optional). And the result I get is very satisfied :) It's not sliding off/melting off my face anymore, my face is not greasy, I get a sheer coverage with 1 layer and I achieve light coverage with 2 layers - or even 3 and it still won't look cakey, and it stays intact on my face 'til very late at night.

And no, I don't have perfect skin. I am far from having perfect skin. I have slightly freckles and acne scars :)

on 6/25/2015 6:45:00 AM

I bought this because everyone raves about it & my god am I disappointed. I bought the biggest bottle which was nearly £30 ...I feel I would have been better just buying a foundation from superdrug instead. It is really runny & it takes a while to dry so if your looking to apply make-up quickly this isn't the foundation for you.
I like a medium coverage foundation that is buildable this is a light foundation which is supposed to be buildable but I don't feel I get much more coverage after a 2nd coat.
It doesnt really seem to set on my face, it rubs off if you touch your face which I don't like because I like my foundation to stay on my face until I take it off.
My face looks really oily when I wear this...bare in mind I like a dewy finish but this gives a sweaty look.
I fink this foundation would be good for someone with really dull dry skin...stay away from this if you have oily skin.
I will be going back to my Urban Decay Naked foundation.

on 6/17/2015 4:08:00 AM

I bought this product believing on millions of comments on blogs, vlogs. I didn't hope to get full coverage for sure but hope to have balanced skin tone (well it balances skin tone a bit I should say) and a glowy healthy skin. I have a normal skin with skin tone problem and a matte tired look. I can't see any glow or health on my skin when I apply it and think that fans of this product use microscope to see what it promises. Besides, proces is too much for that kind of a product since it does nothing at the end. You can buy a good BB cream or Rimmel foundation with less money and with SPF production. I won't buy it again. Sorry bloggers and fans.