April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Curly Wurly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, I am a Lush product junkie. This was my first Lush product after being recommended to try by a friend who swore by it. I love all things coconut, too, so that was enough to make me want to buy it alone. The scent is so heavenly and amazing and it makes me so happy. The scent lingers all day and I always am told how good my hair smells!

I have wavy hair, naturally, but it gets fluffy and frizzy if I just let it air dry without any product (so of course I never do.) This thick shampoo is a wonder for my hair. I use it about once or twice a week because it is expensive. It REALLY tames my mane and visibly makes my hair look less of a fluffy problem. It is not really hard to lather. I take a little scoop, mash it in my hands with a little water and really work it in my hair. I have never had any problem with any of the coconut pulp! It always washes right out and down the drain. TIP: for those who do find they are left with coconut pulp in their hair, after shampooing with Curly Wurly, and conditioning, brush your hair in the shower! It is a great solution to this, as well as detangling your hair!

I just love love lov Curly Wurly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by SyntheticNessa

I really enjoy this lush product so far.

-generic lush tub, dont love or hate it, at least it makes the product accessible and you can scrape out the very last bits of it with your fingers.

- price = ~$20. Hefty for a single product. Seems like it will last a long time though (hopefully!)

++ omg the smell, can we talk about the smell please. Heavenly. Like floating on a coconut cloud whilst eating vanilla ice cream. I can't stop smelling my hair some like some bat crazy woman.

+ makes my hair feel so soft and noticeably decreases frizz. I was worried when I purchased it that the coconut oils would make it greasy or difficult to manage. I was surprised at how wonderfully soft it came out. I could even feel the silkiness when I was rinsing it out in the shower.

- doesn't lather up too much, you really gotta work it in. But that doesn't indicate it's not working, just something different to get used to, just like how their solid shampoos are non-conventional.

I haven't had any issues with the coconut pieces not rinsing out. You just need to be thorough and not lazy about it.

I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by butchesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but so far I haven't found a way to. This is so incredibly thick that I have a hard time working this through my roots alone, and I can't imagine how much of this I would have to use if I wanted to work it through all of my hair. Not only is it thick, but the coconut flakes (which seem to have no actual purpose) get stuck in my hair and are almost impossible to wash out. I had hoped this would be a good curl-boosting shampoo for days I wanted my hair to look nicer than usual without any extra effort but now I find myself avoiding it on days I might see anybody because the coconut flakes make it look like I have terrible dandruff!

I have read online that blending this shampoo with a little water loosens it up and takes care of the coconut flake problem, but for this price I shouldn't have to run it through a blender. Their solid shampoo bars are a much better value (my bar of Trichomania, which is also coconut scented and for dry/frizzy/curly/afro hair) is still going strong after 9 months and was less than half the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by celaimarcelo

This product has been useful to my frizzy hair. Though, I have thin hair this shampoo still gives the volume it needed. Unlike other coconut based shampoo that will leave your hair limp and sticky, this shampoo will boost volume and will give you a "beach-feel" smell. The downside of this shampoo, it will require you a longer time to take it out since the pulps will linger on your hair so thorough wash is needed. Also, I think that applying conditioner afterwards is no longer necessary as it will keep your hair moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Hullah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The scent is very intense and even after a couple a days your hair still smells like coconut. What I really like about this product is that I only need to wash my hair every 4th or 5th day! I does a great job not entirely drying out the scalp but not making it greasy either. This shampoo has replaced my bumble and bumble curl conscience one, the price is about the same but I've gotten to prefer my lush. It is a bit hard rinsing the coconut pieces out, but I've found that it's a lot easier if I rinse with my head downwards. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Kiabiah

- If you like coconut then you must love this shampoo!
- Like almost any other Lush product it's rather pricey, but my black tub almost lasted 6 months with once a week usage ( I switch)
- Packaging is OK; typical Lush black tub
- Sometimes is really lathers like crazy and sometimes it didn't
- eliminated most frizz, made my hair really soft, shiny and moisturized, also it brought out my curls. The only thing is regardless of how much I rinsed it, I found it left chunks in my hair / body / ears / floor / shower / bath / wall...
Conclusion: a good shampoo overall but I really hate the chunks!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this and I so wanted to like this product. I really did. The smell is divine, and I would bathe myself in it if I could. But this just didn't do a single thing other than coat my bathtub in pieces of coconut.
As a preface to my review, I have curly hair, I have done the CG method before, and I'm used to the lack of lather that comes with a cream cleanser. And I wasn't even irritated with the pieces of coconut, as I didn't find them particularly hard to wash out. Maybe that's because they never went in my hair. And that's where the problem lies.
The texture just does not lend itself to being applied through the hair. I'd rub the product through my hands to try and get it to spread, but as soon as I attempted to wash my hair, chunks of the shampoo would just fall off of my hands and into the bathtub. And whatever I did manage to get in my hair just clung to the first bit of hair it made contact with. The end result left me feeling like all I did was haphazardly throw some chunky coconut-mix into my hair rather than get any sort of cleaning benefits from it.
As to softness, I can't attest to that. I always condition, and I don't really look to shampoos to play that role - at best, I just hope that they don't dry my hair out. I didn't feel like my hair was any softer when I rinsed the product out, and while it feels soft right now, that may be due to the other products in my arsenal.
Over all, a lovely scented dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Artcarrie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love curly wurly. I was a little apprehensive about the coconut parts sticking in the hair atfirst, but after I rinsed my hair there were no signs of coconut pieces at all.

The fragrance in my hair after the wash is awesome. A few friends who got the whiff of my hair really liked it as well. Although, I have to tell you the smell while applying the product after the wash is a bit different. I didn't use a conditioner ( I have oily roots and dry ends) after the wash and still there was no frizz. My hair looks really shiny as well.
A very good find for my hair, I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have thin, dry, curly hair thats prone to frizz. This shampoo eliminated most frizz, made my hair really soft, shiny and moisturized. The only thing is regardless of how much I rinsed it, I found it left chunks in my hair. (Which brushed out easily) Overall its a really good shampoo compared to others in its price range. I will def be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Oh man, I don't even have curly hair and this stuff is great. I took off a lippie for price, but honestly if you've got 20 bucks to spend on shampoo then this is it. Works wonders on my coarse, color-treated straight hair - I definitely think this stuff is contributing to my healthier, shinier new look! Also, it smells like a delicious coconut pie.

If you're worried about the coconut bits, you're not rinsing thoroughly enough. I wouldn't say this is great for people with fine hair, but if you're leaving in bits and your hair feels heavy or limp, that's why. Just give it another good spray with the shower and you're good to go! Volume and no frizz, even when I'm lazy and only condition the ends of my hair, or when I use a flatiron.