Essie Lady Like

4.6

This colour can be a pretty nude colour for some people. For me, I'm still looking for my perfect nude colour. For those who love this colour, Dior's incognito can be a good dupe. It is a slightly pinker version of lady like. I was trying it on at sephora the other day, and I happened to be wearing lady like that day, they look almost identical.

will i buy it again: maybe. i'm also willing to try other brands. a lot of them have similar colours as lady like as well

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this shade in the bottle but once I applied it I thought it was too muted for me...too much of a mauve shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Essie's Lady Like was my first polish I purchased from Essie. This is honestly the polish that got me started on my obsessive collection--haha. This polish is a super gorgeous mauve color that leans a little less nude on my skintone and more like a muted purple. The application is flawless though! 2 coats are all you need for a perfect opacity and I started using it when I was still getting the hang of painting my nails and it looked good--there's a lot of forgiveness in this polish. I believe this color could work for essentially every skin tone and I've worn it in all seasons- the best part of a neutral/nude is that it is flexible in that sense. Definitely worth the $8 it is a unique color to have in your collection!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have always wanted to have a nail polish in this color, so when I saw the pictures online I was really amazed and knew I just HAD to have it. But when I finally got my bottle, it didn't seem to look so nice.
Finally the day came when I was to wear it. I usually paint my nails while sitting by the window, so that I have lots of natural light, which helps me seeing if there's an imperfection or something. And then I was SO disappointed! It looked like a rather ugly grey-ish nude, when I was actually expecting a very light mauve.
I decided to go on and give it a chance. Good I did. Once I went back to my room, I could see a very nice light shade of lilac, which seriously reminded me of blueberry yoghurt, just lighter. And somehow I never went back to seeing that ugly greige again, even when I was outdoors.
It's not exactly what I had in mind, but I really love love the color. It's so cute somehow, and looks very soft and classy.
As for the application and drying time, they were both very good. Essie's brush is by far my favorite. It also seems to last quite long.
I just really wish they'd take off those ugly stickers from the bottles.
I won't think twice before buying it when I run out.

Absolutely love this polish. Perfect nude color! I usually get manicures with gel on top, and the polish always looks so dry which only gets worse after a week. This polish has a jelly finish and it isn't streaky. I loved the way it looked under the gel even after a week!

One of my top 5 nail polishes from Essie! It goes on absolutely smooth on the first coat. The color is flattering and is just a tad bit warmer and than Tickle My Francey from OPI.

This is a nice neutral that leans mauve instead of taupe or beige. I use 2 coats, but I think I could probably get away with one thick coat as well. Lasts about 4 or 5 days, then the chipping starts.

Really good for cool toned skin. On warmer skin tones it would probably look a little less like a neutral & more like a color.

This is a very nice "universal" mauvish color that compliments my skin tone wonderfully. The application is great - like most Essie colors - and if worn alone, would be suitable for work or any time you just want your nails to look sophisticated and somewhat nude. It is also a great color over which to layer a lighter pinkish shimmery color to add just a little pizzaz to it. Lately, I have been layering one coat of the Essie with a coat of OPI's "Petal Faster Suzi" which makes the matte "Lady Like" glimmer a bit.

Recommend this Essie color as a staple for most nail polish collections.

I love love this color. I do use about two costs and my bottle was a bit runny but I still love the color.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolutely pretty shade, it's a nude that looks mauvey in the bottle but on the nails is more a nude beige; looks gorgeous on long nails as it elongates the hand beautifully (being so close to a fair skintone).
This is definitley goof proof, very forgiving if you're not tip top expert on application, and very wearable in any work invironment.
Not your most glamour shade, that's a fact, but it's like a little black dress: it saves you when you've no clue on what to wear.
Very resistant, no tip wear after 2 days. Love it.
definitely a must have!