La Roche Posay Cicaplast

3.8

AQUA / WATER GLYCERIN CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CYCLOHEXASILOXANE DIMETHICONE C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE SODIUM CITRATE PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE PANTHENOL ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE DIMETHICONOL MANGANESE GLUCONATE SODIUM HYALURONATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE CITRIC ACID POLYSORBATE 20 SODIUM BENZOATE

on 9/24/2013 9:00:00 PM

WILL NEVER LIVE WITHOUT THIS. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. I am on Accutane and have dry flaky dehydrated eczema prone skin that still breaks out time to time (only on my 3rd month) so yeah my skin pretty much went thru hell until I found this amazing soothing primer/skin healer. I wash my face, tone, apply a hydrating serum (Bioderma Hydrabio Serum - check it out!) and then I use this all over as a primer. it seals in the moisture from my hydrators too. and provides a nice smooth base for my bb cream/foundation. makeup lasts all day, even when I cry or sweat. and this smoothes away all the darned flakies! DOES NOT CLOG PORES. DOES NOT. make sure u remove it properly at the end of the night as it is silicone based. I use the Bioderma micelle solution, gets it all off. my skin is smooth, less eczema prone, red marks heal faster. I've stocked up on 2 extra bottles! buy it!!!!!! now! wash tone hydrating serum (IMPORTANT) Cicaplast foundation/bb cream powder to set if u want to :) (I use mac prep and prime loose translucent powder). voilah flawless skin. yes even on Accutane. best of luck!

on 7/25/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after reading rave reviews extolling its healing powers on various beauty blogs. Honestly it did nothing on an ingrown hair scar that I keep picking at, and it also burns slightly if I apply it to red, peeling skin. Good old Polysporin honestly works much better.

I have dry skin, so I tried it on my dry patches and peeling lips - it didn't make any difference.

Overall I found it a waste of money. Maybe I'll try the Avene Cicalfate next. My skin tends to do better with rich creams rather than siliconey products like this one.

I have normal combination skin and use this product only in certain areas that time to time need some heeling. I would normally use Cicaplast after acne treatments that tend to make skin extremely dry and/ or flaky. Also used it around my nose to heal the skin after rubbing it too much when having a running nose. Cicaplast helped with this too.
Tried using the product on my lips as a balm and as over night treatment. but could not see any considerable effect.

on 5/9/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have eczema sensitive (dry) skin and I bought this to use as a primer, because my skin can look flaky/dry with foundation. This did not help and I did not like it as a primer, on chapped skin it also gave me a burning feeling and around my lips (very sensitive there) it made me itchy. I tried to use this up by using it on my eczema patches on the inside off my elbows, but it did not really do anything there besides giving me a burning feeling. If you have sensitive, dry or eczema skin I would try a sample first to see how your skin reacts to it.

on 4/21/2013 2:43:00 PM

I bought this online expecting it to arrive after doing a face peel but it didnt so I went out to Boots to get the Cicaplast Baume which was brilliant for soothing and healing my peeling face.

Have tried it out nevertheless, layering it on as a primer for makeup.

I agree with other reviewers that this is not very moisturising, although it does a good job of priming the face for makeup, smoothing away any dry patches of skin and making it stay on due to the silicones in it. My skin was peeling like mad for a few days and this really helped with putting my mineral makeup on.

Having said that I have never used a primer so I cant judge how good it does the job. To me it's pretty good as my makeup did not budge after 8-9 hrs, although it was showing signs of wear.

That said- it's not quite a HG for me. I like it enough but I dont think it would feature in my arsenal of skincare again once I finish this. The cicaplast baume is better value for money, more moisturising and better suited for my skincare regime.

on 3/6/2013 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It is a great product for dry skin, or for normal skin with dry patches. It also helps me to heal my wounds and it is useful during the winter to keep your lip smooth. Many people use it as a primer (I've heard the it is great for people with skin problems) but I've personally never tried it as a face primer. But my lipsticks stay longer on if I use cicaplast on my lips first. A very good product, I recommend!

on 2/26/2013 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Thanks to a MUA'er who sent me a private message (my apologies for not remembering the name but a big thank you) recommending this product as the Avene Cicalfate Creme had made me break out big time.

Off to the local drugstore I went to get this product and so far, so good. The texture is much lighter and has a lotion consistency whereas the Avene Cicalfate is a very heavy cream. I apply the LRP Cicaplast in the morning as a primer (thanks to Lisa Eldridge's tip for those battling acne) as it does seem to make a difference, especially with the dryness.

My chin is an acne battleground at the moment (perimenopause) and I'm using MetroGel to combat it. Consequently, that area tends to get a bit dry and the LRP Cicaplast seems to help. The cosmetician told me that the Cicaplast acts as a 'barrier' (Lisa Eldridge mentions using this as a 'primer' before applying makeup) and it looks like it's the case.
Interestingly enough, this cosmetician also mentioned that people who love LRP seem to not do well with Avene and vice versa. Hmmm...

I can't use the traditional makeup primers due to the silicone in them and even though the LRP has silicone in it, I haven't had any breakouts. (touch wood)
Go figure.

I'll edit my review after further road testing but so far, I'm relieved this combats my acne dryness.

on 2/6/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I usually don't have luck with LPR products even though their Toleraine series seems like an ideal choice for me; super sensitive with particularly bad reactions to fragrance. Nevertheless, I wanted to try Cicaplast having read good reviews about it and having used a similar product (Avene Cicalfate). I washed with a gentle soap-free, fragrance-free cleanser and waited 30 minutes as I usually do in order to avoid over sensitising my skin. The moment Cicaplast touched my skin it started to burn. At first it didn't get red so I waited, big mistake. Within ten minutes my face felt on fire with red blothes all over it, even on my neck and started itching. My throat, which is also hyper sensitive started feeling dry and raw. I have a lot of skin reactions in my time but this was one of the worst I ever had. It was scary, actually! After washing it off, it continued to burn for a few hours and the following day I had red pieces of skin peeling off my face and the general rash and raw redness continued for a week. I do recommend that super sensitive ppl like me to certainly do a patch test before putting it on their face, maybe behind their ear to avoid what I had. I wish I did. LPR Cicaplast gets a big NO from me. For my skin Avene in general and in particular Cicalfate seem to be a far better choice. This experience warned me to be very cautious regarding LPR as I don't think they're as gentle as they claim to be.

on 12/25/2012 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LRP never ever suited my skin. never. i don't know what is it about their products because i love Avene, another thermal water based line.
you might say: sheesh, what an unhelpful review. should have known better you LRP incompatible time waster etc.
but i got suckered into this little experiment thanks to (being gullible) Lisa Eldridge. she uses this as a primer.
and there are quite a few others who had a reaction similar to mine, so i figured: might as well write something.

i have Avene's Cicalfate which has the consistency of a nappy cream and well...doesn't do very much. it sits on my skin.
suffice to say i am done with LRP for all eternity.
oh the PAIN. the redness.
the burning PAIN and redness this caused. it was INTENSE. i have had peels that hurt less. Avene's Triacneal caused a less intense reaction than this. this warrants the use of caps lock.
my skin can handle ahas and Avene's retinaldehyde. but Cicaplast....oh me oh my.
both the pain and the redness subsided after half an hour but why put myself through this ever again.

luckily i got a free sample, no money lost.

on 11/16/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Before purchasing this product, I read rave reviews about its effect on chapped skin , acne scars etc.

After good research , I decided to buy cicaplast. I had popped a pimple and had to save myself from getting a huge blemish.
The day i tried this on my skin, my skin turned RED, Bright RED. First, burning sensation, then bright red skin.

I was so looking forward to use this one and so disappointed now. I am not sure what exactly from the ingredients is turning me red.

I was told by LRP rep that this is used as post peel treatment, if this turns me red now , what would happen if i use it post peel.

Thank goodness, i bought a smaller tube , cost me much less than bigger tube!

Please check if you are allergic to the ingredients before you buy this one, It worked for others, but not for me.

Popular Treatments (Face)