April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by missbioniclegs

Favourite MAC product I have bought so far, not sure what else to add to all these reviews. Definitely going to be a staple item, brilliant all over the lid (for pale to medium I think, not sure about other skin tones) for a quick neutral look and to even out the lids. Great on the inner corner to look more awake. Excellent even under the eye over concealer and round the lips to tidy/emphasise.

Brilliant, so glad I ended up buying it.

edit: unsure as to whether to repurchase after reading animal testing policies. Will research this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A perfect highlight/blending/all over ivory shadow for my NC15 skin. Unlike most of the MAC shadows I've collected, this one was a little powdery and very soft and I did not need to break through sort of a crust on the top in order to get good colour payoff (I've only had this happen with one other colour, Mulch). Blanc Type blends browns without making them muddy and is perfect for my inner corner.

Swatched next to Vanilla, this is matte and very slightly pinkish. Vanilla tends more white and has a bit of sparkle to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Although this isn't my favorite MAC shade ever, I do find it one of the most useful. The best description of this shade is a suuuuuper light beige, although it looks white compared to every other shade of the rainbow. (You'll only notice the beige/yellow undertones if you compare it with a true white eyeshadow.) I use this as both a inner-corner and brow highlighter, and despite how light it is, it still looks natural on my NC25 skin. It can be applied sheerly or be built up to a brighter white-beige shade.

The only con about this e/s is that the formula is a tad on the powdery side compared to some other MAC matte shades. It also seems prone to fading by the end of the day, so I think I need to build it up more in the morning so that it remains there at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by pinaro

This is my 4th one. I use it under my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by lusox33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best all over matte light color for your lids. This shade is my HG and ive been purchasing it for years now. Its the perfect creamy matte consistency, never chalky and amazing while blending. Its the perfect light cream shade for my NC15/29 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect fair skinned girl brow highlite shade! Its matte, and its not stark white...its just a nice creamy colour. There is never any fall out, and its perfect for fixing any mistakes or toning down your crease colour in case you went too dark. I have even used this to set under eye concealer since im so fair and want that 'highlighted' undereye look and blanc type is paler than me without being bright white. Just a great staple colour for everyone to have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by SianO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i love this eyeshadow as it's well pigmented with no fall out. I adore matte neutrals so this fits the bill perfectly. Unlike many other pale mattes, this one does not appear chalky. I use it as a highlighter on most days and it's also useful for correcting mistakes! Works with so many looks that i would definitely repurchase when i hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to apply MAC Vanilla pigment as a highlighter but all of a sudden I'm not into shimmery shadows any more. I became more a satin/matte finish lady...anywhoooo...

Blanc Type's texture is indeed divine, melts on like butter and blends like a dream :) It's my go to highlighter no matter what else am wearing on my eyes. Very sophisticated and elegant without being "out there".

Blanc Type is an ivory cream shade with great pigmentation and lasting power. Do dust the excess though because it's very soft and powdery. Only pick up little product at a time and layer, instead of having to tap off the excess and lose plenty of product on the way. Definitely HG.

Tip: if you intend to do a smoky eye and use Blanc Type as your highlight, do apply the Blanc Type first before any of your other shades, you don't want excess to fall on your darker colors and ruin your hard work ;) Have fun!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

My HG browbone highlighter. Beautiful, buttery texture. Goes on like a dream and blends so well. I've hit pan because I wear it every day no matter what other shadows I'm wearing. My favorite from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Just that perfect white highlight that every make up lover should own.