MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type

4.7

on 11/3/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful eye shadow!

This brightens the eyelid nicely and goes on very smooth and creamy.

It can be used alone, with liquid winged eyeliner; as a base for a smokey eye; as a highlight; the possibilities are endless. If you're missing this shadow then you're missing out hugely.

I love the consistency of the product. The creaminess feels so good

on 10/31/2013 12:38:00 PM

I like this. I buy the pro palette refills so can't say much on packaging but the eyeshadow overall is nice. Very soft and creamy so applies beautifully and blends well. Not much fallout either! Nothing beautiful colour wise (it's white-what do you expect?) but very useful. Looks gorgeous with a red lip, slightly darker crease colour (perhaps kid), blanc type all over the lid and dramatic winged eyeliner.

on 10/30/2013 12:51:00 AM

Really beautiful sophisticated color. I'm in NC40 I Luv putting this on my kids,brow bone and sable on the crease. It goes with everything. Beautiful matte color. Must have

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This was the first time that I had gotten a Matte 2 shade, and with that I was surprised of how soft and blendable the eyeshadow was. You shouldn't even have to rub your brush at all in any Matte 2 eye shadows because a few dabs will get a pretty good amount of product on your brush.

Now for the color, think of it as a white shade mixed with a hint of Beige. It definitely comes off lighter than the pan, but being a pretty soft texture, it's easy to blend out if it's too harsh; however, it's not so easy when you get way too much product. Being someone close to an almost Olive skin tone (undertones on the Neutral side), this white-beige shade doesn't look that tacky as a highlighter at all, but using it for anything else looks too yellow for me.

With a normal primer, this stays on all day for me on my browbone and lids, but in my inner corners it does fade in a few hours. I'm honestly still looking for the perfect brow/inner corner highlighter for my skin tone~

on 9/23/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this shadow. I reach for it almost every day. It is a nice soft matte that's a great match for my pale skintone, so I use it on the brow bone. Sometimes I put it over my entire eye as a base and apply other colors on top and blend. Using this underneath ensures that I can get a subtle look. It's also great for if I went a bit overboard on the crease and the darkness spilled out too much, I can just pat a little of this on top and blend it in and it's perfect!

I first bought this in one of the little stand-alone pots. At some point I hit the pan, and when I went to MAC the next time I got one of those custom palettes for the pro pans and bought this color again for my palette. I have since hit pan on it as well, but I hung onto my original pot as well and although they are now both more pan than product, they continue to be usable and have not crumbled. I will definitely repurchase again.

Favourite MAC product I have bought so far, not sure what else to add to all these reviews. Definitely going to be a staple item, brilliant all over the lid (for pale to medium I think, not sure about other skin tones) for a quick neutral look and to even out the lids. Great on the inner corner to look more awake. Excellent even under the eye over concealer and round the lips to tidy/emphasise.

Brilliant, so glad I ended up buying it.

edit: unsure as to whether to repurchase after reading animal testing policies. Will research this.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A perfect highlight/blending/all over ivory shadow for my NC15 skin. Unlike most of the MAC shadows I've collected, this one was a little powdery and very soft and I did not need to break through sort of a crust on the top in order to get good colour payoff (I've only had this happen with one other colour, Mulch). Blanc Type blends browns without making them muddy and is perfect for my inner corner.

Swatched next to Vanilla, this is matte and very slightly pinkish. Vanilla tends more white and has a bit of sparkle to it.

on 7/23/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although this isn't my favorite MAC shade ever, I do find it one of the most useful. The best description of this shade is a suuuuuper light beige, although it looks white compared to every other shade of the rainbow. (You'll only notice the beige/yellow undertones if you compare it with a true white eyeshadow.) I use this as both a inner-corner and brow highlighter, and despite how light it is, it still looks natural on my NC25 skin. It can be applied sheerly or be built up to a brighter white-beige shade.

The only con about this e/s is that the formula is a tad on the powdery side compared to some other MAC matte shades. It also seems prone to fading by the end of the day, so I think I need to build it up more in the morning so that it remains there at night.

on 7/20/2013 10:18:00 PM

This is my 4th one. I use it under my brows.

on 7/15/2013 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Best all over matte light color for your lids. This shade is my HG and ive been purchasing it for years now. Its the perfect creamy matte consistency, never chalky and amazing while blending. Its the perfect light cream shade for my NC15/29 skin.

Popular Eye Shadows