April 16, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Skylucy01

Great colour payoff, easy to blend and best of all cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Married2aMarine

I hated this product the first time I tried it. However, the more I played around with it, the more I loved it. It does crease on my eyes even with UDPP on, but it usually won't crease for sevearl hours so I can still get some good use out of it. I like to put it on my lower lash line and smudge it out a little also. It just look really well on my like that. I down rated a little because of the pencil type package, which I know that's what it is meant to be, but I just have a hard time sharpening mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by misscuba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iced Mocha is my go-to eye colour for a sexy no fuss everyday face. The cool toned taupe colour is perfect for brown eyes, and a very creamy (almost moisturising) consistancy means it blends easilly over my lids with my fingertips. The finish is a glossy bronze- I wear it on its own with some black pencil liner, a full brow, & a bit of peach gloss. It makes me feel like a Victoria's Secret model :)

HOWEVER: I have very dry skin. As the other reviews indicate, other skin types might experience some nightmare creasing/ disappearing, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by pinkdot121424

The color and the consistency are both so amazing! It's super easy to apply and it's not TOO jumbo so you can still be precise even without a brush. Iced Mocha is a must have out of all the jumbo eye pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the first JEP I bought, and I do like it. When I'm in a hurry, or just going to class, I'll put on my ELF primer, then this as an eyeliner/base/crease color, and then layer Wet n Wild single in nutty, then line with brown eyeliner and mascara and done. It gives me a subtle, sort of dramatic eye without being too much. If I don't use primer and shadow over this it doesn't stay well (I have ridiculously oily eyelids) and it does slightly tug, which is why I gave it a four. It's not awesome, but it's pretty cool, and for the price and relative ease of use, it's something I'll rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I don't know why I bought this for the second time. I first tried the JEP several years ago with disastrous results. I guess it was the lovely color of Iced Mocha. I don't have a color quite like it, although I guess the closest is probably my MUFE Aqua Eyes #15. The Jumbo Eye Pencils are just too sticky waxy to work for me, even over primer and under powder eyeshadow. My eye makeup will crease within the hour and dissapear completely from the crease area by the end of the day. I'm not exactly a novice and I like to think I know what I'm doing with makeup, so my conclusion is that the JEPs don't work for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWESOME cream eyeshadow in stick form. The stick is good to throw in your purse or to take when you travel, but I ended up depotting it, since the plastic lid breaks easily and smooshes the top of the product.

The color is dark brown. I normally place a bit in my crease and blend out with a MAC 224 and top with a similar toned powder, although the staying power is great and it doesn't need the powder. Looks great on the lid for a brown smokey look, too. The price was very cheap about $3-4. I highly recommend these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

It's a good base to use for your neutral eyeshadows. Ever since the maybelline color tattoos came out I don't really use nyx pencils as me go-to base anymore. Regardless it's still a good product, even as a stand-alone color.

I got mine in a pack of 3 on ebay for super cheap (milk, yogurt & iced mocha).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful color! I would call it a darker, cooler version of Urban Decay's "Sidecar." The are smooth and do not crease (at least on me! I've seen other people complaining about this), but you have to really work to get them to stay on for long periods of time. What I've found works best is to start with a primer, use these pencils first, then set with a similarly-colored eyeshadow. When I follow this routine, it seems to work nicely for staying power!

These pencils are very convenient when you don't want to dirty a brush, or just want a quick, no-fuss makeup application in the morning. I recommend them, especially the more muted, natural colors. They're shimmery, but if you're a fan of Urban Decay Naked shadows, or just like shimmery neutrals in general, these will be something fun and different to add to your collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore the color of this pencil, it is so pretty for neutral looks! It's similar to MAC's Satin Taupe, but less purple. It blends easily and applies well. But I only gave it three lippies because it has pitiful staying power, even with a primer. I tried several methods to make it last, including two different primers and layering eyeshadow over top, but within a few hours (like 2) it was creased awfully. I would recommend this product for someone with dry skin who doesn't have an issue with oily lids. I really wish this product had more staying power because I absolutely love the color and would use it almost every day.