NYX Powder Blush - Mocha

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Mocha is such a beautiful blush for women with medium and tan skin tones being a flattering dusty rose color. (I know, the name is decieving!) I can even imagine women of darker color enjoying this blush as I do. I did extensive research in finding the right color for my skin tone and I spent what seemed like an eternity scouring this site before finding this blush. Then I purchased at Ulta while they were having one of their many bogo sales for $5.99 (US). I'm so glad I did!

Mocha contains no glitter chunks or particles, yet it is not completely matte for I find that this gives of a warm sheen for a healthy glow. The blush is a compact powder that is finely milled and soft to the touch. Comes right on to the brush or your fingers from the pan, no mess, and then goes on perfectly on your cheeks. The pigment is very, very good. Really, it only takes about two swirls with a brush to get a good amount of product, just be careful you dont go overboard and pick up too much! As for the lasting power, this blush is phenomenal especially for one so inexpensive! For about 9-10 hours in the intense Florida humidity, this blush lasts though it does fade a bit. For all intents and purposes I will repurchase but I cannot imagine running out of product ever consodering that this contains .14oz/4 g!

I'm not very picky when it comes to packaging becuase I care more about the product, but I would give this a 4. The container is made out of a shiny black plastic shaped like a square with a clear top so you can see the blush inside. The Nyx logo and the word blush is printed in simple black lettering on the clear top. It can be opened by an indent used from lifting the top from the bottom except from where they are connected at the back.

A warning to all of you guys that do not like talc in your makeup, this does contain some. I purchased this without looking at the ingredients and the first time I brushed this onto my cheeks it burned a bit. Nothing happened other than that, but I can only imagine that was the cause. Other than that, this is a stellar product that has achieved Holy Grail status in my makeup kit!

on 12/29/2013 8:14:00 PM

I LOVE this blush. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. it's my favourite blush EVER. Haha, can ya tell I like it? ;)

GREAT texture
BEAUTIFUL colour
AWESOME price
AMAZING cruelty-free brand

It's perf. I suggest ya'll try it :)

on 12/28/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure why they'd call this Mocha. There is no hint of browns or the likes that I can see. It's a gorgeous color but I couldn't personally wear it. I don't know why but looking at it in the pan I thought it'd be darker. This is pretty vibrant for me and there's a lot of color pay off.

I think my mistake was not picking up Dusty Rose or Silky Rose which would be more perfect for me than this. I'll have to look into those because for the price these are worth it. I just have an issue with the color I bought which was my mistake.

For now I have a MAC Blush (Blush All Day) that's perfect for me. If I were to ever hit pan (which takes me forever), then I'd look into the previous mentioned rose blushes.

on 12/21/2013 3:10:00 PM

Good stuff! This is a super little blusher.This one is nearly matte,it just leaves a bit of a sheen ,almost undecectable. The colour really looks like a natural flush from within.No shine or glitter.Highly pigmented ,don't over do it or you will look like a pantomine dame.Fantastic staying power, I never touch up .And it's fragrance free.I hate fragrance in any skin care or make up..For the price this has got to be one of the best blushes out there. Buy this , I can't see why you would be disappointed.

on 12/13/2013 11:33:00 AM

This is my first NYX powder blush and I'm really loving it! It's all I've been using ever since I bought it. It is a natural looking rose colour with no shimmer/glitter which I appreciate. Pigmentation is good, a few dabs with my stippling brush is all I need to get enough colour on. It doesn't look cakey and lasts a long time, faded, but still hanging on at the end of the day. I'm looking forward to trying some other shades!

Packaging could be better. I really need to get at a certain angle with my nail to pry it open. Other than that, it's great for it's price, since a little goes a long way. I've been using it for awhile and honestly, the pattern is still extremely visible, looking almost untouched.

on 10/8/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a fantastic blush, especially for the price! $5-6. It is like a dark pink with a bit of red and plum. Finely milled, no fallout, pigmented, and lasts all day! However, it is kind of hard to open so I don't really like the packaging.

on 10/4/2013 7:53:00 AM

Great, easy packaging. Cute. So cheap for what you get, around $5 and I consider it ALMOST a dupe for Benefit's Dallas, which is amazing but around $30. Great taupey rose blush. Use it to contour my cheeks and pair with ELF's Passionate Pink blush on the apples of my cheeks and I get a perfect tan glow. That sounded conceited.. but its true. Try it.

on 9/3/2013 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like the color, not super crazy about it. what i dont like about it is its staying power, other than that i think its a pretty color for an everyday use.

on 6/20/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade description: deep bright pink

Pros

- pigmented
- matte
- long wearing

Cons

- packaging

Comments: A deep yellow-based pink that's a little on the bright side. It's pretty and I love that its matte. Highly pigmented and wears well.

Will repurchase.

AMAZING. I have a lot of blushes and this is just the one I always go back to. Perfect matte finish, pigmented, finely milled. I have nothing bad to say about this product. It has been on my face at least 5 times a week for almost a year now (not exaggerating) and I haven't even hit pan!

So worth the money. It's in expensive yet looks gorgeous. I think I will be okay if I only have this one blush in my collection!

Popular Blush Products