December 19, 2014 | 1683 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by PedoMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally don't like this primer because it breaks me out :'(
it works fine first time I wear it. it really holds the oil on my face, and makes my skin so smooth, love it. Until I took off my make up and I had a few red pimples on my face. it's totally no no. Sorry smashbox, you couldn't impress me this time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by SophieOToole

I decided to try this primer on a whim and it definitely paid off. This primer is the best I've used and I will continue to buy it. It leaves the skin feeling so silky and soft and is a perfect base for foundation. I have combination to oily skin and it can be quite acne prone at times and I find that this primer really helps distribute the oil where it's needed rather than just sitting on the t-zone. To anyone with oily skin I'd say this is a must have in your make up bag! The packaging is slim and doesn't take up much space at all and although it is a bit pricey at £25 you absolutely get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Babyivyc

There is nothing special about this primer. It helps keep your face matte for a little while and helps make up go on smoother, but the effect does not last. There isnt a huge difference between wearing this primer or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have bought this primer several times throughout the past few years, and I have had a great experience with this product. I have combination/oily skin that can react badly resulting in blemishes when using the wrong products, but this primer has always been good to my skin. Although I can get oily, I like the look my skin has with liquid foundation. This primer gives my makeup a smooth application, while controlling sebum. I sometimes can get dry patches on my skin during the winter, and I was nervous because this primer is geared more towards oiliness that I would get flaky, but my makeup still looked great with this primer and no dry spots were accentuated. I have used many primers, some for my skin type and other more general primers for all skin types, but this one stands out and outperforms the rest. The only thing less than perfect thing I would say about this primer is it may not be the best at diminishing the look of pores, so take that into consideration if reducing pore size is a top priority for you. I don't have large pores though, so I'm not the best person to give advice on this primer in terms of its pore perfecting, but in all other regards, this is a great product that works well for blemish prone people in need of some shine control.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by DGoodine

This primer broke me out like crazy! It went on fine, like every other primer I've tried, and initially I thought it was helping my makeup last longer. But by the time I washed it off that night, I had a face full of pimples. Not cool. The packaging was alright, but not at all special. Overall, it was terrible and I will be returning it to the store today.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the second primer that I have tried in as many weeks that has WOW'ed me. (The other being Pixi's Flawless and Poreless Primer).

I wasn't too excited when I first applied it, as it has a silicone feel to it on the skin and didn't do too terribly much to cover pores. BUT....

Throughout a very long, 12 hour day I was amazed at how well it kept my usual T-Zone shine from appearing. My skin looked relatively matte and even, even at the end of a 12 hour day with 80 degrees outside.

I don't normally use foundation, so I can't comment on how well it fares when used under foundation. I used mineral powder on top of the primer.

I like the tube packaging, as I can easily control the amount of product dispensed - not a lot needed to lightly cover my whole face. The price is a bit high for 1 ounce, but I don't plan on using this daily. I'm afraid the silicones will clog my pores if used regularly.

But I will definitely keep a tube on hand for special occasions or those long days when I want to still look fabulous and shine free after hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With regards to oil control, this is hands down the best primer I have ever used.

PROS:
- Water-based and does not break me out.
- Hygienic packaging; the squeeze tube lasts forever, it takes such a small amount.
- It has a more gel-like consistency than the original clear Photo Finish, so it glides on and dries smooth without feeling greasy or silicone-y (nor is it sticky like many oil control primers can be).
- Mattifies the skin and I do notice that my makeup goes a little longer without getting shiny versus when I don't wear it.
- Is not overly-drying - I can still wear it now that my skin is more on the dry side without issue.
- Versatile; easily goes under just about any foundation/BB cream I've ever paired it with.

CONS:
- Pricey
- Does not smooth over pores as well as other primers have used.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlw8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Life saver for oily and acne prone skin. This light primer doesn't feel oily on my skin (as compared to the regular Smashbox photo finish). I've had the 1oz tube for over 6 months now and still have over a quarter left with daily use. For that reason the value of this product is amazing despite the price. I've noticed a huge difference in the oiliness of my skin throughout the day, it's a lot less than when I don't use this primer. Also pores are minimized and makeup glides on a lot smoother. I also have acne prone skin and haven't had any breakouts related to using this product. Absolutely love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by the_duckie

Not as good as the regular Photo Finish, because the consistency is thin and I find myself having to use more product to achieve a similar effect, which is wasteful. Also, due to the thin consistency, it doesn't do as good of a job at filling in the pores, fine lines, and blemishes.

I have not experienced any difference in terms of acne while using Photo Finish LIGHT vs. regular Photo Finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The original of this primer smothered my skin, so I was reluctant to try this light version, but it lives up to its claims of being for sensitive/acne-prone skin types. With sparing use, it doesn't aggravate my skin and lasts a long time. I won't say that it doesn't clog my skin because, hello, primer is like spackle for the skin and is likely to irritate it, despite best efforts of thorough cleansing. Hence why I use this primer on an intermittent basis; daily use would be problematic for my skin. Given that a full 30 ml is too much for me to use within a year's time, I now opt for the travel size, which has the added (obvious) bonus of being highly portable!