Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 2/20/2015 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

This is my favorite primer I have ever tried. Heres why.
First off, I have very sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts. I had never been a huge primer person until I recieved a sample of Too Faced Primed and Poreless. I absolutely loved how it make my face feel, and it made the makeup apply so much easier and stay on much longer.
However after about 4 days of using it I realized I was breaking out like crazy. I had made no other changes in my beauty routine or my diet, so it was obvious that this was the cause.
I looked it up and realized it had silicone in it, which can clog your pores and make you break out.
I went to Ulta and explained that I wanted a great primer with little or no silicone, and this is what the worker advised me to try.
It does have a lighter feel, almost like a moisterizer, but it works perfectly and does keep my makeup in place. Plus it has never caused me to breakout, which is the best thing I could ask for.
It is a little pricey but will last you a long time. You only need a pea size drop a day. I would highly recommend this for people with sensitive or oily skin.

on 2/19/2015 5:34:00 PM

Love this primer. Makeup goes on so smoothly, stays on all day and skin feels so soft. Will repurchase! Pity it's expensive..

on 2/18/2015 4:59:00 PM

hands down the best primer i ever used , the skin feel so soft and in the same time i cannot feel like i did put it on my skin as it happened with other primers i used before , it feels light same like the name says , and it does help a lot when i do my foundation and of course my face looks flawless and it last all day

on 2/9/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried the original and fell in love with it, so I gave this a try since I have oilier skin. They seem to work pretty much identical with this one keeping my makeup on a tad longer (maybe 8-10 hours or so total) if I had to time it. My skin does look smoother, I'm sure because when I take pics, it looks really smooth. Would totally buy again.

on 1/24/2015 10:39:00 PM

This primer is amazing. It makes my face feel like silk. It's a gel like formula with no smell to it that I can detect. A small sized amount goes a very long way. I 100% notice my foundation lasting longer, going on smoother and overall just looking better when I use this. Well worth the price in my opinion. Both my mother and myself were never big fans of primers until we found this one. I recommend to anyone looking for a primer that prolongs the wear time and look of foundation. I don't find the price to bad because one tube lasts me over 6 months. Have repurchased, will repurchase.

on 1/21/2015 11:16:00 PM

I've been using this for years. Its so perfectly amazing. I also use Tarte's pore primer for the t-zone, but this one finishes off the skin before foundation.

on 1/16/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm on my second bottle, but I usually buy the travel sizes since it lasts me such a long time. It's a pretty decent primer. A little goes a long way on your face. It does help the foundation last longer on my skin and apply better vs not using a primer. When I lived in San Jose I thought this product was amazing at keeping my bb cream and mineral foundations on my face. Now that I live in Sacramento and I'm using a Covergirl liquid foundation it seems ok - better than nothing but not amazing. So I guess your experience will vary on what foundation and face products you use on top of it and what moisturizers and sunscreens you use prior. I haven't done extensive testing but just had different experiences from the same product. It does not seem hide your pores that much for me. It does help hold off the oiliness longer than without using a primer, but your oil will still shine through eventually. Overall, I found my makeup works better with it than without it but it hasn't blown my mind yet.

Maybe by the time I purchase this primer for the 3rd time using different face products I'll have decided how I really feel about it. I know the full size products are so expensive so if you want to try it out first, buy the travel size and try it out with different face products. See how you really feel.

on 1/13/2015 11:46:00 PM

I purchased this after reading all of the good reviews and it was just ok in my opinion. It does have a silky feel to it once applied and a little goes a long way. However, I didn't notice it making my foundation last any longer than without it. I seen on Pinterest that you could use the monistat chaffing gel as a dupe and I tried it and it's the exact same thing. So I would rather buy the gel for cheaper and get the same exact effect and quality

on 1/6/2015 5:43:00 PM

This primer is a decent 'all-rounder'. You literally need a tiny amount to use it as a little goes a long way with this product! It has a pleasant smell to it and is really easy to apply and almost silky smooth.

Does it make a difference to how long my makeup lasts? The jury is out on this one for me. My makeup does last a long time but I am currently back using Estée Lauder DW which is renowned for its lasting power, so not sure if it's the foundation or the primer that's doing the job.

Anyway, due to how nice it feels on I'll keep using it for now. I should add, I'm an acne sufferer and this doesn't make me break out.

on 12/10/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Did not make my makeup last longer. Accentuated my pores instead of concealing them. Any powder, blush or bronzer looked bad on top of this. Not a fan.

Popular Primer/ Correctors