August 23, 2014 | 1351 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by DGoodine

This primer broke me out like crazy! It went on fine, like every other primer I've tried, and initially I thought it was helping my makeup last longer. But by the time I washed it off that night, I had a face full of pimples. Not cool. The packaging was alright, but not at all special. Overall, it was terrible and I will be returning it to the store today.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the second primer that I have tried in as many weeks that has WOW'ed me. (The other being Pixi's Flawless and Poreless Primer).

I wasn't too excited when I first applied it, as it has a silicone feel to it on the skin and didn't do too terribly much to cover pores. BUT....

Throughout a very long, 12 hour day I was amazed at how well it kept my usual T-Zone shine from appearing. My skin looked relatively matte and even, even at the end of a 12 hour day with 80 degrees outside.

I don't normally use foundation, so I can't comment on how well it fares when used under foundation. I used mineral powder on top of the primer.

I like the tube packaging, as I can easily control the amount of product dispensed - not a lot needed to lightly cover my whole face. The price is a bit high for 1 ounce, but I don't plan on using this daily. I'm afraid the silicones will clog my pores if used regularly.

But I will definitely keep a tube on hand for special occasions or those long days when I want to still look fabulous and shine free after hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With regards to oil control, this is hands down the best primer I have ever used.

PROS:
- Water-based and does not break me out.
- Hygienic packaging; the squeeze tube lasts forever, it takes such a small amount.
- It has a more gel-like consistency than the original clear Photo Finish, so it glides on and dries smooth without feeling greasy or silicone-y (nor is it sticky like many oil control primers can be).
- Mattifies the skin and I do notice that my makeup goes a little longer without getting shiny versus when I don't wear it.
- Is not overly-drying - I can still wear it now that my skin is more on the dry side without issue.
- Versatile; easily goes under just about any foundation/BB cream I've ever paired it with.

CONS:
- Pricey
- Does not smooth over pores as well as other primers have used.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlw8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Life saver for oily and acne prone skin. This light primer doesn't feel oily on my skin (as compared to the regular Smashbox photo finish). I've had the 1oz tube for over 6 months now and still have over a quarter left with daily use. For that reason the value of this product is amazing despite the price. I've noticed a huge difference in the oiliness of my skin throughout the day, it's a lot less than when I don't use this primer. Also pores are minimized and makeup glides on a lot smoother. I also have acne prone skin and haven't had any breakouts related to using this product. Absolutely love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by the_duckie

Not as good as the regular Photo Finish, because the consistency is thin and I find myself having to use more product to achieve a similar effect, which is wasteful. Also, due to the thin consistency, it doesn't do as good of a job at filling in the pores, fine lines, and blemishes.

I have not experienced any difference in terms of acne while using Photo Finish LIGHT vs. regular Photo Finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The original of this primer smothered my skin, so I was reluctant to try this light version, but it lives up to its claims of being for sensitive/acne-prone skin types. With sparing use, it doesn't aggravate my skin and lasts a long time. I won't say that it doesn't clog my skin because, hello, primer is like spackle for the skin and is likely to irritate it, despite best efforts of thorough cleansing. Hence why I use this primer on an intermittent basis; daily use would be problematic for my skin. Given that a full 30 ml is too much for me to use within a year's time, I now opt for the travel size, which has the added (obvious) bonus of being highly portable!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

This primer works pretty decent but it broke me out every single time. Luckily, I only bought the trial size at $15 so it's not too much of a waste and I would likely still wear it for a special event, but for daily use it's a no-go for me due to the break outs. It's a shame because it really does help my makeup last longer and gives me a smoother base.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ThePrettyPinkRanger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A fundation primer I think everyone has purchase at least once...a goodie true to its reputation, nver has failed me and gives me flawless foundation application.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this primer for.... I think almost a year now, if not longer! I really do like it, but I don't think it does what it promises. This is supposed to be a good primer for those with oily skin, but for me, it does nothing for my oily skin. My skin still gets quite shiny after a couple of hours. The reason why I give it four lippies, is because it's a REALLY good base for your foundation and concealer. Everything glides on smoothly, no matter how dry the foundation or concealer are - this primer makes everything possible to work with. My skin gets suuuuper smooth when using this primer. Other than that, I won't say that this is the perfect primer for those with oily skin... But it's good as a base. I'm not sure if I will repurchase it, I'm about to run out of it, so time will show. Good primer - but not the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by JenDrGreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin, oily in the T - zone, and I absolutely LOVE this primer! It gives my skin a nice matte base to build foundation on top of. I got a steal of a deal on this at my local Winners store (TJ Maxx in the US) I payed just $15.99 for a one ounce bottle!!! For those who don't know, check the beauty department there. Amazing deals on Smashbox, Stila, Shiseido and so much more!