November 21, 2014 | 1935 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first oil cleanser I have purchased. (I had used samples of DHC in the past and really enjoyed it)
I really like this cleanser!!!

First off, the packaging is a little bulky, but nothing off-putting (hey, it stays in your shower, no big deal). You also have to buy the pump separate, which at 4.00 isn't something super horrible, but still that's extra 2.

the product itself is pretty awesome! Has that typical herbal smell to it, but slightly more citrusy. Also has a plethora of oils in it all of which are awesome for moisturizing and detoxifying the skin.

Texture is somewhat of a thicker oil that is SLIGHTLY more difficult to spread. The only time this is cumbersome is when I am trying to remove my eye makeup.

I use this as a daily cleanser (2x a day) I use about 2-3 pumps depending on if I was wearing makeup. It will remove all of your makeup (you may have to spend a little extra time on water proof/long wearing eye makeup bc it doesn't come off terribly easy)

As for cleansing your skin, it is AMAZING. The first time I used it and rinsed it off my pores on my nose and cheeks looked like I had just used a pore strip and my whole face was SO SO SO SO SO SO smooth. I was shocked. It also rinses off cleanly with no residue which I love.

I have acne prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out yet. ( I have purposefully stopped using my acne treatments just to see if this would aggravate my skin and so far so good!)

The only other products I am using with this are Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Moisturizer(for daytime) and the Shea Moisture Problem Skin Moisturizer (at night)

So far, I am really loving this cleanser and see no reason to ever switch back to traditional foamy cleansers that are super harsh to skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff so much. I typically use it at night to remove my makeup. I don't need a moisturizer after. Never had any breakouts from it. Love the clean fresh scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Been using LancĂ´me huile Douceur cleansing oil for years but hated that it contained mineral oil, so I decided to give Origins a shot. Wow wow wow. Fabulous! Very thick oil that removes dirt and makeup well, emulsifies with water, and rinses clean. Doesn't cause any breakouts or clogged pores. On the downside the bottle..though cute, super unpractical. Why no pump??? I tried to order through the phone, and the lady told me that they don't carry pumps???wtf? If I can hunt down a pump I'll repurchase but if I can't, then it's back to my Huile douceur....I mean, it does smell better. Get on it Origins.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by SweetPegss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the smell of this cleansing oil. It was good using this for the first few weeks but after the 3rd week it started to clog my skin a little. The packaging is rather bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kenoki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Slightly less expensive per ounce than other readily available cleansing oils in the U.S.--namely Boscia, DHC, Shu Uemura and MAC. Not gonna lie, this was a selling point when picking up a bottle. But not only is it the best value, it also does the trick! Two pumps remove all traces of makeup. Rinse. Dry. Then I go for another round because I am fancy. In the second round I also use a dry Olay face brush to help remove dry skin. Rinse. Tone. Moisturize. Yay! I've used many varieties of cleansing oils over the past 8 years... they are my preferred method of face washin'. Origins' doesn't leave a weird film nor does it require a handful of product, and does a great job of cleansing. These three items plus the price and availability make it a home run even if it's not the single best oil cleanser I have ever used in my life. It's simply a great one.

p.s. buy the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Celestial_Sky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Complete LOVE! As a person who has gone most of her life with oily skin, I hesitated trying this out. The reviews were great both on MUA and Youtube,...even from people with oily skin, so I took the plunge and got it. WOW!!!...I'm just simply amazed at how amazing this works. I had read some reviews where people just use this simply as a makeup remover and then follow-up with their normal cleanser. I figured I would try this since I had expected my face to be somewhat oily after rinsing it off. I was so wrong! My face had no hint of oiliness after rinsing it. It felt soft and clean and fresh. Every bit of makeup was removed completely. I was shocked. I felt comfortable enough to skip my usual cleanser and apply moisturizer. My skin felt amazing. Truly an amazing product. Wish I would have tried this sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I haven't reviewed this yet. I've gone through at least four bottles of this and it is definitely one of those products that always stays in my routine. I have combo/oily non sensitive skin and use this nightly. It removes EVERYTHING with zero rubbing, tugging, or pulling and rinses away easily. The smell is pleasant and earthy. I also think it is an excellent value compared to other cleansing oils. The only drawback is the packaging. The open top bottle is impossible to use so buying the matching pump is a must. It's not really that big a deal because IIRC the pump is $4 and you only need to buy it once.

Also, if you like this (and other Origins products) I highly recommend signing up for their mailing list. They frequently send out $10 off $25 coupons which makes this a total steal. (I am not affiliated in any way).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Ra07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! It removes all my makeup and gives a gentle clean in the morning. It keeps my skin so healthy and radiant and it doesn't cause spots. I've repurchased this so many times, I absolutely adore this!! I did remove 1 point simply because if you don't purchase the reusable pump you can have a few accidents with it from time to time. But overall absolutely fab product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried to deviate from cleansing oil last month and I couldn't take it! I love the ease of using a cleansing oil to remove makeup. I purchased a pump to go with the product and I use 3 pumps for my face and 2 to remove eye makeup. I use my hands to apply the product and it removes everything including water proof mascara. I apply it before I get in the shower at night and follow up with the cleanser. On some nights I will use this alone to get to bed early and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. The SA at the counter said it was meant more for dry skin but I think it would be a great makeup remover for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this cleansing oil and I now consider it my go to cleansing product. Previously I used the yellow shu uemera oil but I decided to switch to something with natural ingredients instead.

I have to say that I LOVE this product. I use it every night to cleanse my face and remove my makeup. I wear foundation and mascara everyday and this definitley removes the makeup and cleans my skin.
I put the oil directly onto my face and then massage it gently into my skin. Then I add some warm water to create a foamy lather. Then I dampen my face-cloth or linen cloth and gently massage until I feel all traces of makeup are gone.

I love this product because it doesn't dry out my skin and all the ingredients are natural. This winter I have not had problem dry/flakey skin. It's the first winter I can ever remember not having horrible problems with dryness and tightness and that is amzing considering it has been a bitter winter in Ireland! The only thing I've done differently this year is to switch my cleanser!!