April 18, 2014 | 1232 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Celestial_Sky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Complete LOVE! As a person who has gone most of her life with oily skin, I hesitated trying this out. The reviews were great both on MUA and Youtube,...even from people with oily skin, so I took the plunge and got it. WOW!!!...I'm just simply amazed at how amazing this works. I had read some reviews where people just use this simply as a makeup remover and then follow-up with their normal cleanser. I figured I would try this since I had expected my face to be somewhat oily after rinsing it off. I was so wrong! My face had no hint of oiliness after rinsing it. It felt soft and clean and fresh. Every bit of makeup was removed completely. I was shocked. I felt comfortable enough to skip my usual cleanser and apply moisturizer. My skin felt amazing. Truly an amazing product. Wish I would have tried this sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I haven't reviewed this yet. I've gone through at least four bottles of this and it is definitely one of those products that always stays in my routine. I have combo/oily non sensitive skin and use this nightly. It removes EVERYTHING with zero rubbing, tugging, or pulling and rinses away easily. The smell is pleasant and earthy. I also think it is an excellent value compared to other cleansing oils. The only drawback is the packaging. The open top bottle is impossible to use so buying the matching pump is a must. It's not really that big a deal because IIRC the pump is $4 and you only need to buy it once.

Also, if you like this (and other Origins products) I highly recommend signing up for their mailing list. They frequently send out $10 off $25 coupons which makes this a total steal. (I am not affiliated in any way).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Ra07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! It removes all my makeup and gives a gentle clean in the morning. It keeps my skin so healthy and radiant and it doesn't cause spots. I've repurchased this so many times, I absolutely adore this!! I did remove 1 point simply because if you don't purchase the reusable pump you can have a few accidents with it from time to time. But overall absolutely fab product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried to deviate from cleansing oil last month and I couldn't take it! I love the ease of using a cleansing oil to remove makeup. I purchased a pump to go with the product and I use 3 pumps for my face and 2 to remove eye makeup. I use my hands to apply the product and it removes everything including water proof mascara. I apply it before I get in the shower at night and follow up with the cleanser. On some nights I will use this alone to get to bed early and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. The SA at the counter said it was meant more for dry skin but I think it would be a great makeup remover for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this cleansing oil and I now consider it my go to cleansing product. Previously I used the yellow shu uemera oil but I decided to switch to something with natural ingredients instead.

I have to say that I LOVE this product. I use it every night to cleanse my face and remove my makeup. I wear foundation and mascara everyday and this definitley removes the makeup and cleans my skin.
I put the oil directly onto my face and then massage it gently into my skin. Then I add some warm water to create a foamy lather. Then I dampen my face-cloth or linen cloth and gently massage until I feel all traces of makeup are gone.

I love this product because it doesn't dry out my skin and all the ingredients are natural. This winter I have not had problem dry/flakey skin. It's the first winter I can ever remember not having horrible problems with dryness and tightness and that is amzing considering it has been a bitter winter in Ireland! The only thing I've done differently this year is to switch my cleanser!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this after breaking out from my MAC's cleanse off oil. This has an herbal scent that's very fresh and quite nostalgic for me since I grew up in a tropical country. This is honestly a godsend to me. It takes off my waterproof sunscreen (Shiseido SPF50) and my 24hr foundation (Revlon CS) without any effort. The only thing it fails to do is remove my mascara and waterproof eyeliner. It would be great if it removed my mascara and eyeliner but I don't really mind since I use a separate eye makeup remover (either what's left of my MAC COO or C&C eye makeup remover). I would still repurchase this since it doesn't break me out and it removes my facial makeup effectively! I just hope though that Sephora Canada would start carrying this. However, I got mine from the Origins counter in The Bay for $28CDN plus $1.50 for the pump. I would suggest getting the pump to have more control on how much product you'll need.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

INGREDIENTS: Olive, Sunflower, Sesame and Safflower Oils MARKETING CLAIMS: Removes dirt, makeup and pollutants with high efficiency.

THE GOOD: Great scent, feels good to massage on the skin. It is non-comedogenic, I had no adverse reactions to it. Feels like a "light" oil but turns into a milky consistency when mixed with water. A few splashes of water and it comes right off. It has an herbal (grapefruit, orange and lemon) scent which I like. Other people find it awful so it's one of those love or hate scents that you have to try for yourself. I gave this 5 lippies for packaging, you have to spend a couple dollars more for a pump (very sturdy) but it can be reused. I'm not planning on buying this again but it will make a great dispenser for other oils.

THE BAD: Removes some but not all of my makeup, making this an extra and unnecessary step in my night cleansing routine. ** Sometimes I use Revlon's Color Stay Foundation which is very hard to take off. ** It also causes blurry vision for a couple of minutes (does not sting) if it gets in your eyes. The breaking point for me was the price, I only purchased it because I had a gift certificate to the store. 6.7 fl. oz./200 ml (US$24.00)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great oil cleanser. The folks at Origins have created an oil blend that lathers a bit, gets the makeup off, and doesn't sting my eyes! However, I'll pass on the repurchase because there are better products for the money, and the novelty of using an oil-based cleanser has worn off now that I've cashed the bottle.

Pros: not soapy, so great for dry skin. gets makeup off. WP makeup comes off, too, it just takes a bit of work. The lockable pump dispenser is well constructed and doesn't get clogged by the oil. The oil lathers, which makes it feel like a real cleanser. It also leaves my skin feeling a little tight, which I feel means this cleanser is probably appropriate for people with oily skin as well as dry skin like mine. It also smells pretty fab. Like patchouli.

Cons: I need to use several pumps for my face if I'm wearing eye makeup, which means the bottle goes by kinda fast (~2 months if I use it once a day) and it is more costly than it seems at $20 for 7 oz. Could be better at tackling WP makeup. Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap and Philosophy's Purity both do a better job with WP and you get more bang for your buck because you don't have to use nearly as much of the comparably priced products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this compared to my regular Shu Uemura and Fancl cleansing oils. Took me several tries with this to get all my eye makeup off, whereas it takes only one with Shu/Fancl. Also, this left a film of oil on my face after cleansing, emulsifying with water, and rinsing off with water. I have a feeling this works better on people with dry skin (vs. my combo/oily skin). Back to my Shu...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For several years now I've come back to this product.
Nice ingredients - not too heavy - rinses clean - removes makeup (including my eyeliner and mascara) - doesn't sting my eyes - not horribly expensive - I can just run to Macys to buy instead of purchasing online.
Be sure to buy the pump (which can/should be re-used for next bottle).
I probably use 3-4 pumps per use and only use it at night, so one bottle lasts me several months.