October 1, 2014 | 1206 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff so much. I typically use it at night to remove my makeup. I don't need a moisturizer after. Never had any breakouts from it. Love the clean fresh scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Been using LancĂ´me huile Douceur cleansing oil for years but hated that it contained mineral oil, so I decided to give Origins a shot. Wow wow wow. Fabulous! Very thick oil that removes dirt and makeup well, emulsifies with water, and rinses clean. Doesn't cause any breakouts or clogged pores. On the downside the bottle..though cute, super unpractical. Why no pump??? I tried to order through the phone, and the lady told me that they don't carry pumps???wtf? If I can hunt down a pump I'll repurchase but if I can't, then it's back to my Huile douceur....I mean, it does smell better. Get on it Origins.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by SweetPegss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the smell of this cleansing oil. It was good using this for the first few weeks but after the 3rd week it started to clog my skin a little. The packaging is rather bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kenoki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Slightly less expensive per ounce than other readily available cleansing oils in the U.S.--namely Boscia, DHC, Shu Uemura and MAC. Not gonna lie, this was a selling point when picking up a bottle. But not only is it the best value, it also does the trick! Two pumps remove all traces of makeup. Rinse. Dry. Then I go for another round because I am fancy. In the second round I also use a dry Olay face brush to help remove dry skin. Rinse. Tone. Moisturize. Yay! I've used many varieties of cleansing oils over the past 8 years... they are my preferred method of face washin'. Origins' doesn't leave a weird film nor does it require a handful of product, and does a great job of cleansing. These three items plus the price and availability make it a home run even if it's not the single best oil cleanser I have ever used in my life. It's simply a great one.

p.s. buy the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Celestial_Sky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Complete LOVE! As a person who has gone most of her life with oily skin, I hesitated trying this out. The reviews were great both on MUA and Youtube,...even from people with oily skin, so I took the plunge and got it. WOW!!!...I'm just simply amazed at how amazing this works. I had read some reviews where people just use this simply as a makeup remover and then follow-up with their normal cleanser. I figured I would try this since I had expected my face to be somewhat oily after rinsing it off. I was so wrong! My face had no hint of oiliness after rinsing it. It felt soft and clean and fresh. Every bit of makeup was removed completely. I was shocked. I felt comfortable enough to skip my usual cleanser and apply moisturizer. My skin felt amazing. Truly an amazing product. Wish I would have tried this sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I haven't reviewed this yet. I've gone through at least four bottles of this and it is definitely one of those products that always stays in my routine. I have combo/oily non sensitive skin and use this nightly. It removes EVERYTHING with zero rubbing, tugging, or pulling and rinses away easily. The smell is pleasant and earthy. I also think it is an excellent value compared to other cleansing oils. The only drawback is the packaging. The open top bottle is impossible to use so buying the matching pump is a must. It's not really that big a deal because IIRC the pump is $4 and you only need to buy it once.

Also, if you like this (and other Origins products) I highly recommend signing up for their mailing list. They frequently send out $10 off $25 coupons which makes this a total steal. (I am not affiliated in any way).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Ra07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! It removes all my makeup and gives a gentle clean in the morning. It keeps my skin so healthy and radiant and it doesn't cause spots. I've repurchased this so many times, I absolutely adore this!! I did remove 1 point simply because if you don't purchase the reusable pump you can have a few accidents with it from time to time. But overall absolutely fab product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried to deviate from cleansing oil last month and I couldn't take it! I love the ease of using a cleansing oil to remove makeup. I purchased a pump to go with the product and I use 3 pumps for my face and 2 to remove eye makeup. I use my hands to apply the product and it removes everything including water proof mascara. I apply it before I get in the shower at night and follow up with the cleanser. On some nights I will use this alone to get to bed early and it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. The SA at the counter said it was meant more for dry skin but I think it would be a great makeup remover for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this cleansing oil and I now consider it my go to cleansing product. Previously I used the yellow shu uemera oil but I decided to switch to something with natural ingredients instead.

I have to say that I LOVE this product. I use it every night to cleanse my face and remove my makeup. I wear foundation and mascara everyday and this definitley removes the makeup and cleans my skin.
I put the oil directly onto my face and then massage it gently into my skin. Then I add some warm water to create a foamy lather. Then I dampen my face-cloth or linen cloth and gently massage until I feel all traces of makeup are gone.

I love this product because it doesn't dry out my skin and all the ingredients are natural. This winter I have not had problem dry/flakey skin. It's the first winter I can ever remember not having horrible problems with dryness and tightness and that is amzing considering it has been a bitter winter in Ireland! The only thing I've done differently this year is to switch my cleanser!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this after breaking out from my MAC's cleanse off oil. This has an herbal scent that's very fresh and quite nostalgic for me since I grew up in a tropical country. This is honestly a godsend to me. It takes off my waterproof sunscreen (Shiseido SPF50) and my 24hr foundation (Revlon CS) without any effort. The only thing it fails to do is remove my mascara and waterproof eyeliner. It would be great if it removed my mascara and eyeliner but I don't really mind since I use a separate eye makeup remover (either what's left of my MAC COO or C&C eye makeup remover). I would still repurchase this since it doesn't break me out and it removes my facial makeup effectively! I just hope though that Sephora Canada would start carrying this. However, I got mine from the Origins counter in The Bay for $28CDN plus $1.50 for the pump. I would suggest getting the pump to have more control on how much product you'll need.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No