October 20, 2014 | 958 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Cuticle Remover Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by agusninfa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it dosnt really work. its like it makes your cuticules weaker, but they are still there, and difficult to take them off. its not worth the job

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel comes out in jelly clumps. I was hoping it would go on smoother. It quite gentle so if you are looking for heavy duty try the SH instant gel remover instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ladyaek

I'm unsure of whether or not I really like this product. I imagine it did a decent job, but nothing amazing. I doubt I would buy it again, but I will most definitely keep experimenting with it before I make my final decision. It still noticed a few fingers that I need to redo, maybe next time I will leave the gel on longer. The good thing about this product, it doesn't smell or even burn. I just don't feel it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

instant HG! I'm always terrified of doing anything to my cuticles, and though they're not horrible, they certainly aren't pretty either. I've previously just pushed them back w/ an orange stick after soaking, but they actually looked worse for it. After a single application of this (allowing it to soak for 1 minute) and pushing w/ an orange stick my cuticles look amazing! I'm in love with this stuff! It does exactly what I wanted it to do: be gentle, but remove the dead skin/cuticle. The application w/ my non-dominant hand can be a bit thick, but even then you use so little a tube should last a long time. I'm absolutely amazed at the difference!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Susielou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to try it...it seems to remove my cuticles just fine but I find that I get very bad painful hangnails everytime I use it even after a very good rinse.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by TheKarenD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice thick gel that stays where I put it. I do wish the opening of the tube were a little narrower, as it's very easy to squirt out too thick a line and thus waste product--but it's fairly cheap so I guess that's not that big a deal. I never use the angled tip of the tube to push back my cuticles after the gel has done its work; an orange stick or even my thumbnail works well for that task.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by UTwife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My cuticles were to desperate need of trimming and general care. I purchased this product (fast-acting gel formula) for a very favorable price ($1.50), which put a smile on my face. I was hoping it worked well, too. I was delighted to find it wasn't messy (running off/down fingers/toes), once on. The gel was thick enough not to run all over. I found I needed to be mindful during the application or too much would come out due to the tube packaging. You apply it holding the tube down. It came with a built in pusher that I didn't use. Using it would have caused more product to escape the tube that I didn't want. Overall, it worked great and in the alloted time the directions said. I even went ahead and did my toes! However, please note, I did use a warm soapy water soak (like when getting a professional manicure/pedicure) beforehand to assist with softening and loosening my cuticles due to them being in SUPER bad shape. This was the first time I had any cuticle work done in a LONG time and I am happy to have had this cuticle gel to assist me. I have plenty left....a little goes a long way. And, I will be using it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Since I had never used a cuticle remover my cousin gave me her unopened tube a few weeks ago. (Was she trying to tell me something? LOL) My cuticles tend to get ragged during cold weather, and this gel works wonders. It quickly loosens your excess cuticles so you can wash them away. It leaves my cuticles soft and smooth after one application. Using the orange stick to remove the excess makes me cringe because I hate the feel of something scraping at my nails. My only gripe is that too much flows out of the tip. I don't even have to apply pressure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2006 11:57:00 PM More reviews by glow837

This product worked pretty well, If you use A TON of gel to get rid of the cuticle.
It's great for a quick pedicure to just let your toes hang out with all that gel on it and then cuticles come off. It was cheap and its easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 1:32:00 AM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my very first cuticle gel. I had heard of people using these and I wanted to try it. So rather than getting the top of the line drugstore cuticle remover, I got the lowest-end drugstore version.

The directions said to use a thin line of product on your cuticles and leave for 2 minutes (but no more than 10 minutes) before pushing cuticles back with the built-in pusher. To me, there is a huge canyon between 2 and 10 minutes; naturally, I didn't have immediate confidence in this product.

So since it had better work like the devil after such mixed messages, I expected wonders. But I didn't know what a thin coat was, or how thin this should be. And I never could figure out what this built in pusher was supposed to be. Was it the angled tip? If so---HOW are you supposed to push if you don't hold/squeeze the tube, and if you squeeze the tube, isn't the product supposed to squirt out?

On top of this, it is hard to control the amount... the opening is too spacious. The product is a little runny and very very slippery. It sorta goes where it wants to go.

So I bought orangewood sticks. Even then, I'm slipping, I'm sliding... and the orange stick is crooked and at angles. It's amazing I don't have huge cracked hangnails.

So, what do I like about this since I am giving it a 2 and NOT a 1? I think, overall, it does have a cumulative effect over the course of weeks and weeks of softening and removing cuticles. I used it on my toes and on my fingernails and ultimately I did see a vast improvement in the look and feel of my cuticles. They became springy and alive again instead of stuck, stretched and snagged.

When I finally used the tube after 5 years of dragging my feet and avoiding using it, I bought the most expensive drugstore formula I could get my hands on. Another Sally Hansen, Smooth Cuticles Now! Cuticle Remover. I hope this one is better...