Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover Gel

3.6

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this gel. It lasts me for 2 years - for both manicure and pedicure. it takes on average 30 seconds to softem my cucicles and it doesn't cause any dryness and harm. I apply it once a month or every 2 month and it is enough to keep my cuticle looking cared (I also use cuticle oil and hand cream for additional moisturizing). Will buy this product again.

it dosnt really work. its like it makes your cuticules weaker, but they are still there, and difficult to take them off. its not worth the job

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This gel comes out in jelly clumps. I was hoping it would go on smoother. It quite gentle so if you are looking for heavy duty try the SH instant gel remover instead.

I'm unsure of whether or not I really like this product. I imagine it did a decent job, but nothing amazing. I doubt I would buy it again, but I will most definitely keep experimenting with it before I make my final decision. It still noticed a few fingers that I need to redo, maybe next time I will leave the gel on longer. The good thing about this product, it doesn't smell or even burn. I just don't feel it's worth the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

instant HG! I'm always terrified of doing anything to my cuticles, and though they're not horrible, they certainly aren't pretty either. I've previously just pushed them back w/ an orange stick after soaking, but they actually looked worse for it. After a single application of this (allowing it to soak for 1 minute) and pushing w/ an orange stick my cuticles look amazing! I'm in love with this stuff! It does exactly what I wanted it to do: be gentle, but remove the dead skin/cuticle. The application w/ my non-dominant hand can be a bit thick, but even then you use so little a tube should last a long time. I'm absolutely amazed at the difference!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this to try it...it seems to remove my cuticles just fine but I find that I get very bad painful hangnails everytime I use it even after a very good rinse.

This is a nice thick gel that stays where I put it. I do wish the opening of the tube were a little narrower, as it's very easy to squirt out too thick a line and thus waste product--but it's fairly cheap so I guess that's not that big a deal. I never use the angled tip of the tube to push back my cuticles after the gel has done its work; an orange stick or even my thumbnail works well for that task.

My cuticles were to desperate need of trimming and general care. I purchased this product (fast-acting gel formula) for a very favorable price ($1.50), which put a smile on my face. I was hoping it worked well, too. I was delighted to find it wasn't messy (running off/down fingers/toes), once on. The gel was thick enough not to run all over. I found I needed to be mindful during the application or too much would come out due to the tube packaging. You apply it holding the tube down. It came with a built in pusher that I didn't use. Using it would have caused more product to escape the tube that I didn't want. Overall, it worked great and in the alloted time the directions said. I even went ahead and did my toes! However, please note, I did use a warm soapy water soak (like when getting a professional manicure/pedicure) beforehand to assist with softening and loosening my cuticles due to them being in SUPER bad shape. This was the first time I had any cuticle work done in a LONG time and I am happy to have had this cuticle gel to assist me. I have plenty left....a little goes a long way. And, I will be using it again!

Since I had never used a cuticle remover my cousin gave me her unopened tube a few weeks ago. (Was she trying to tell me something? LOL) My cuticles tend to get ragged during cold weather, and this gel works wonders. It quickly loosens your excess cuticles so you can wash them away. It leaves my cuticles soft and smooth after one application. Using the orange stick to remove the excess makes me cringe because I hate the feel of something scraping at my nails. My only gripe is that too much flows out of the tip. I don't even have to apply pressure.

This product worked pretty well, If you use A TON of gel to get rid of the cuticle.
It's great for a quick pedicure to just let your toes hang out with all that gel on it and then cuticles come off. It was cheap and its easy to use.

Popular Treatments