November 23, 2014 | 1958 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Cypress Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect green shadow!!! i have hazel eyes that are mainly brown but with strong green undertones, especially close to the pupil. i've always favored greens in shadows because it brings out what green i do have in my eyes. this color is among my faves. while i do prefer most makeup to be pressed because it's easier to control how much you pick up, i'll let this slide because i like the color so much. i use EDM's eye kabuki to wash the whole lower lid, or i do a "smokey eye" with this and In the Garden, as this color really brings out the green tones in Garden. anyway, this color....it really does make my eyes pop. i'd describe it as a metallic olive/army green with bronzey-gold undertones. LOVE it. and the price is right. i think the sample for $2.50 will last me quite a while! girls with hazel eyes, you have to try this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by marthaquest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow and am grateful to whoever recommended it on the MU board for blue eyes. On me it's a soft silver-greenish-taupe with subtle gold shimmer in some lights, with subtle shimmer and it is really stunning but subtle when used as a light wash. It doesn't scream 'makeup' but adds a lots of depth to my eyes. EDM's customer service was fantastic, it arrived quickly, the price is nice and low, and it's already one of my favorite eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Azsharis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product! The color looks amazing, and really compliments my green eyes. It makes them pop! :D I use it as an all over base colour most of the time. Haven't really tried it paired with anything else, but I'm sure it will look great any way. I'd definetly buy this again; though, it's a little hard to get out..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite crease colors. It can look either greenis or nearly entirely grey, depending on which colors I pair it with. Today I'm wearing it with Pressed Olive, while I often use both Golden and Silver Medal shadows under it--all from EDM-- and love all the results. I wear this one pretty often.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by audrn787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample size in this eye shadow color recently, along with the free sample kit of foundation/blush/concealer. I've been using Bare Escentuals for the past 2 years, and i think i am going to be a convert to EDM!! But let's stick to this eye shadow i'm reviewing..."cypress". I've never owned an e/s in any way that had green in it. This color is a pearlescent neutral olive green, with earthy brown tones to it. I think i have found 'the' eyeshadow i have been looking for! It goes well with neutral shimmery taupes such as 'autumn afternoon' and/or 'ginger peach'. This one's a keeper, i'll probably look to swap for the full size or just end up buying it since EDM is so affordable! Oh, and EDM's sample e/s sizes are just about the same size as Bare Escentuals small eye shadows, and EDM's samples are $2.50!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another hit from EDM. I wore this shadow today over a gold base and it was gorgeous. It goes on so smoothly and really compliments green eyes. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by belletrist9

I really love this color. It's a beautiful, bronze/gold olive green and it's one of the few "light" colors that I actually think goes well with my skintone (I'm Asian, and fairly pale as far as Asian people go during the wintertime, and develop a good tan during the summer).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been searching ages for an everyday wearable warm green, and this is it. This shadow is a pearly olive green with a touch of iridescent bronze. The amount of iridescence is perfectly balanced (you can clearly see all the tones without overpowering the green) and is the first olive green that I've seen that can truly be described as delicate and pretty. Other olive greens I've tried have been either too muddy, verging on army/brown, or too grey, or they had a cheesy one-dimensional shimmer to them. This shadow does it perfectly. It really pops against my asian skintone and brown eyes without looking overly dramatic. I will definitely repurchase this shadow when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always love olive greens :)

This one ends up looking more of a brownish green on my skin so it's not the best green I've ever owned but I def love the quality so I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by princessshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a very pretty and wearable green for my Olive-golden medium skin tone. The fact that this green has a golden shine is really what makes this green wearable. However, its not something that I feel I could wear during the day because it can be dramatic on me and doesn't really match any of my outfits. I can only wear this during the day if i put on very little otherwise I look funny. Its a great colour to have in your eyeshadow collection because it truly is different, but not an everyday colour for me and I definitely won't buy again because the large will last me forever.