April 19, 2014 | 1804 users online

Tools - Seacret - nail buffer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by gme72455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't get my seacret nail buffer from a kiosk in the mall but rather, ordered from a reputable seller on Ebay. I paid less than $5 for it and I do have to say that I love it! It is far more durable than the other two off brands that I purchased. I would highly recommend and would not hesitate to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by heykayjay

DO NOT trust the positive reviews on this product; they are written by the company. For the price charged for a nail kit (anywhere from $25 to $90 based on your negotiating skills) you could get 3x the exact same products from the drugstore.

Salespeople are trained to be pushy, use psychological tactics to pressure you into purchase (samples, making you 'try' a product, telling males how much the women in their lives would love the product) and will charge you as much as they think they can get away with.

The products themselves are poor quality as well. The emory board doesn't trim nails as well as my drugstore one, and the cuticle oil container shattered when it tipped over on the counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by micheleoest

@ bheidi you can actually order Seacret products online now, they just started with this service recently for people having trouble finding the kiosks, I know this because I had the same problem. Not allowed to list websites here, but if you would like the location you could contact me at 905-299-7653, Michele :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! I actually bought this for my mom as part of a b-day gift at the mall at one of those retail booths. It came with some other goodies in a box set including the buffer, nail file, lotion and cuticle oil which are all great. She started getting her nails professionally done so she let me use it and now I can't part with it! Its so easy to use and the effects are so fast. Definitely would recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got it at a mall kiosk where they didn't take "no" for an answer. Loved it :) I also got a body lotion that smells like vanilla and coconut, scent is amazing and it absorbs tremendously into my skin. Wish the kiosk was still open :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Elisabethb

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! I have been researching name buffers for weeks - this one, The Girlfriend and a few others. The blogs rave about this one and I finally found one on ebay - so I bought it. Let me tell you - it delivers - I'm not the least dissapointed...and I have used many many nail buffers - the shine is so glossy - it is worth every penny. Looks better than a coat of Nailtiques - because the nail bed is smoother after the buffing. Just had to let everyone know - now I need to determine how long will the buffing last...will let you know!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by rhiannamae

I bought this product today after being hassled by the sales women for the 20th time this month – I swear, don’t waste my money on manicures, just go to the Seacret counter! Anyway I must have given in this time because I actually had money or something… I ended up getting the kit down to $35 with a “free” 40ml tube of the milk face scrub stuff. (which I am yet to use)

When I got the kit home I found that the buffer worked just as well as I had been shown in the shopping centre as did the cuticle oil. I actually find the oil better than the Revitanail one.

I did find that my nail scratched the white "silk" side quite a bit, i dont know if i was just going at it too hard lol

The file is ok apart from the fact that it is blue and leaves colour under my nails!
And I chose the Vanilla & Coconut body lotion after sampling all the scents – I found it the most addictive

Overall it is an ok nail kit – over priced so you need to haggle. The buffer is the star – the best I have ever used. If i buy again it will only be the buffer and the oil - not the kit.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by doof

This review is for the entire nail set. The sales rep told me that she would give me a one-year guarantee on the nail buff. I have now looked carefully at the tax invoice and 'guarantee' she gave me but there is no indication of this guarantee.

She promised me that the shine on my nail would last 2 weeks. It was gone in a few days.

She lied about the price as well: starting from $90 to $60 to $50. She seemed like such a lovely and sincere lady.

I have also found some angry reviews on the internet from others who have also been deceived by Seacret Spa. I know I should have known better than to believe her claims but no company should operate in this way. I was very hurt and felt cheated into buying this product.

I will never buy any product from Seacret Spa ever again, no matter how good it is.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by westcoastgirl

Okay, I have not written a review in a while, but now I am compelled to do so on the whole Seacret company and products as a whole. Yesterday while shopping in the mall with my two little ones we were attacked and I do mean attacked by one of these pesky, annoying salesladies in one of there little booths that you always have to walk past. Now I have walked past the Seacret booth many of times and was able to ditch them with out to much of an effort. I NEVER give in to high pressure sales. Well that is until yesterday. I am so angry at myself for allowing to be hypnotized by this lady. I had let my guard down for whatever reason. I had my hands full with carrying one child, bags etc... She started with offering me a sample (sucker for samples) Well, I will remember this technique and will NOT fall for it again. Anyway to make a very long story short I gave in and bought one (I got two for the High Price of one) I guess that is supposed to make me feel better. Anyway, the buffer, oil, lotion and file are NOTHING special. I could have gone to Target or Sally's and bought the same type of products that do the same thing for a fraction of the price. And There are no refunds with Seacret. Of course she did not tell me this. I only found out after I got in the car and looked at the receipt. Do not fall for there pushy sales. You will hate yourself for it later. Mark my word I will NEVER fall for this company or any other that uses high pressure sales to sell there not so great products. My wall is back up and will not be broken. Lesson learned. Oh by the way I give them a big fat 0 for overall rating. So the lippie that you see above subtract it. I dedicate this review to the sales lady that pushed this kit on me. She told me and my kids to spread the word about there products and that means the most to her. Well this one is for you.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by mod_maven

I am lukewarm about the nail buffer. Personally, I prefer Nailtiques protein polish. However, the very pushy salesgirl talked my mom into two of these kits (yes, at the 2 for $50 price), and my mom (who is paralyzed on one half of her body, and who can't paint her own fingernails) loves it. On my part, it is much easier to give my mother a manicure using the buffer, but I digress. It's just ok for general purposes. The shine doesn't last as long as with a good treatment (again, like Nailtiques), and doesn't seem to fortify against brittleness.

The body lotion, on the other hand, is amazing. It's adequately moisturizing, but on a more important note, it's nearly cleared up the keratosis pilaris on my thighs and arms. Granted, I have a pretty mild case of kp, but I can't believe the improvement I've had since using this product. Compared to Eucerin (which aggravated the problem), this is a miracle cure. While I haven't used many other products to try to treat kp (note that I have used most of the major drugstore lotions, including those with urea and/or tea tree oil), I feel confident in saying that this is my cure. Definitely worth a shot (although, I would avoid the mall reps if possible. Less expensive, and certainly less aggressive, via Amazon). I've repurchased four times, and will do so again.