September 18, 2014 | 1879 users online

Nail Tools - Seacret - nail buffer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by beardpapa

I never fall for hard-selling promoters but was about to be suckered into buying Seacrest's products. Thankfully I read some of the honest reviews on MUA.

So the pesky salesman just wouldn't let me walk-away and INSISTED on filing my nails and following up with "cuticle" treatment. All of which I did. He kept enticing me with all the scented lotions...telling me today is the "LAST" day of sales... your nail will remain like this for 2 week....I knew he was fobbing....anyway, I don't know what this silly nail treatment is but it doesn't seem to be very good on your nails...i mean my nail's surface has been scraped off.... while it does look good, I'm not sure its something I would recommend people do... besides the salesman was selling it so much I started having doubts about the quality of the product...when I mentioned the cream has silicone in it...he just mumbled about the product being very good....yeah right... don't buy it guys, it feels like a scam to me !

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rileannas

Revlon makes a similar product that works just as well, lasts longer, only costs $6 CAD (probably cheaper in the US), and doesn't involve pushy salespeople that dupe you into overpriced products by making you think you're getting a deal. I do not recommend anything made by Seacret.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by gme72455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't get my seacret nail buffer from a kiosk in the mall but rather, ordered from a reputable seller on Ebay. I paid less than $5 for it and I do have to say that I love it! It is far more durable than the other two off brands that I purchased. I would highly recommend and would not hesitate to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by heykayjay

DO NOT trust the positive reviews on this product; they are written by the company. For the price charged for a nail kit (anywhere from $25 to $90 based on your negotiating skills) you could get 3x the exact same products from the drugstore.

Salespeople are trained to be pushy, use psychological tactics to pressure you into purchase (samples, making you 'try' a product, telling males how much the women in their lives would love the product) and will charge you as much as they think they can get away with.

The products themselves are poor quality as well. The emory board doesn't trim nails as well as my drugstore one, and the cuticle oil container shattered when it tipped over on the counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by micheleoest

@ bheidi you can actually order Seacret products online now, they just started with this service recently for people having trouble finding the kiosks, I know this because I had the same problem. Not allowed to list websites here, but if you would like the location you could contact me at 905-299-7653, Michele :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! I actually bought this for my mom as part of a b-day gift at the mall at one of those retail booths. It came with some other goodies in a box set including the buffer, nail file, lotion and cuticle oil which are all great. She started getting her nails professionally done so she let me use it and now I can't part with it! Its so easy to use and the effects are so fast. Definitely would recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got it at a mall kiosk where they didn't take "no" for an answer. Loved it :) I also got a body lotion that smells like vanilla and coconut, scent is amazing and it absorbs tremendously into my skin. Wish the kiosk was still open :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Elisabethb

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! I have been researching name buffers for weeks - this one, The Girlfriend and a few others. The blogs rave about this one and I finally found one on ebay - so I bought it. Let me tell you - it delivers - I'm not the least dissapointed...and I have used many many nail buffers - the shine is so glossy - it is worth every penny. Looks better than a coat of Nailtiques - because the nail bed is smoother after the buffing. Just had to let everyone know - now I need to determine how long will the buffing last...will let you know!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by rhiannamae

I bought this product today after being hassled by the sales women for the 20th time this month – I swear, don’t waste my money on manicures, just go to the Seacret counter! Anyway I must have given in this time because I actually had money or something… I ended up getting the kit down to $35 with a “free” 40ml tube of the milk face scrub stuff. (which I am yet to use)

When I got the kit home I found that the buffer worked just as well as I had been shown in the shopping centre as did the cuticle oil. I actually find the oil better than the Revitanail one.

I did find that my nail scratched the white "silk" side quite a bit, i dont know if i was just going at it too hard lol

The file is ok apart from the fact that it is blue and leaves colour under my nails!
And I chose the Vanilla & Coconut body lotion after sampling all the scents – I found it the most addictive

Overall it is an ok nail kit – over priced so you need to haggle. The buffer is the star – the best I have ever used. If i buy again it will only be the buffer and the oil - not the kit.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by doof

This review is for the entire nail set. The sales rep told me that she would give me a one-year guarantee on the nail buff. I have now looked carefully at the tax invoice and 'guarantee' she gave me but there is no indication of this guarantee.

She promised me that the shine on my nail would last 2 weeks. It was gone in a few days.

She lied about the price as well: starting from $90 to $60 to $50. She seemed like such a lovely and sincere lady.

I have also found some angry reviews on the internet from others who have also been deceived by Seacret Spa. I know I should have known better than to believe her claims but no company should operate in this way. I was very hurt and felt cheated into buying this product.

I will never buy any product from Seacret Spa ever again, no matter how good it is.