April 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ShutUpCrime

At fist this stuff worked good but now it's all dry and clay like. It's such a pain putting it on! When I dip my brush into it, the product hardly gets on the brush and when I try to put it on my eyes it clumps and is dry like & just won't go on smoothly at all! This stuff sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by cakexcuddles

This cream eyeliner is fabulous. I only paid $5 for this product and it was definitely worth the money. Huge color pay off, the cream is super thick and pigmented. I love how creamy it is to apply but it dries down. The brush sucks, I threw it away, I use an eyeliner brush I got from urban decay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by vodt512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favorite! It is super easy to apply and lasts for almost 24 hours. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didnt have high hopes for this when I bought it but its alot better than i expected. It's really smooth and very black which i love. It also wasnt very expensive! will repurchase again if i ever finish it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by TristaJean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far, this is the only gel eyeliner I have used and been completely happy with. I wipe my waterline with a q-tip, apply my eyeliner and set with a black eye shadow, and it lasts through my school day. IT does migrate a little to the inner corner of my eyes, but it just takes a second to fix and then you're ready to go again. This has a wonderful bold pigment to it, and a rich creamy texture. It's great for bold smoldering looks, or just everyday wear. It also doesn't dry out quickly at all. The packaging is okay, but could be a little more attractive. If you're looking for a great eyeliner, this is it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by conniex7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros
-Dark black
-With a soft tiny brush, the product goes on smoothly and it's pretty controllable. I didn't experience any "waxiness" that other reviewers mentioned.

Cons:
-Smudges easily. Within a few hours the liner ends up on the bottom rim of my eyes making me look like a nocturnal forest creature or Marilyn Manson. This could be because I have oily lids though.
-Drying. The pot screws open with ease, but unfortunately this means that it does not close well unless you make a conscious effort to tighten it all the way. Mine dried out and now I have a nice pot of stale black lump.
-Brush. The brush does nothing except stab you in the eyelids. Save it to use for torturing enemies. (pro?)

Since it's too late to return mine, I've found ways to make it work by priming and applying dark shadow over the liner to minimize the smudginess. Applying a neutral eyeshadow on the bottom rim helps reduce the transfer too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i havent been brave enough to try cream eyeliners much, but this one seems pretty awesome. the color goes on smooth and dark and very easily. i also havent had any problems with it running, which is always the main concern. the brush sucks, of course, but what do you expect. i bought this on clearence so hopefully this doesnt mean it's discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by SparklestheUnicorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeliner! I use it every single day beacuse it stays SO well. The trick with this is to not touch it for a few minutes after application and then it's all set to go for the rest of the day. It is extremely hard to find a creme or liquid eyeliner at this pricepoint that doesn't smudge or flake at some point in the day, but this one stays put. I know it's awful to go to bed with your makeup on but sometimes I do, and I wake up the next morning and my eyeliner is still intact. I'm not condoning doing that, but it is a testament to how well it stays.

The only thing I don't like about this is that it starts to dry out before I can use all of it. When you first open the pot and start using it, it is so smooth and creamy and goes on like a dream, but after you use a little over half of it, it starts getting clumpy in the pot and gets harder and harder to apply. I think they could probably package less in a pot and it wouldn't dry out so quickly.

One more thing is that the brush that comes with it is crap, go out and invest in your own eyeliner brush if you are going to use creme eyeliner a lot. You also have to keep in mind that it can take some practice to apply the way you like if you are not used to creme liners.

I would recommend this to everyone!
____________________________________________
Update: 2/15/12

I've had this for a few months and now it is completely dried out to the point where I can't use it anymore. Must purchase another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I brought this the other day. I really love the little brush it came with. Overall I really love this and it looks flawless. The only problem is that I have to set it with another eyeliner or something. I never really mess with this stuff anymore.... I prefer my Urban Decay eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this recently on a friend who was a brides maid. We went for the pin-up look and this eyeliner was perfect for the winged eyeliner. The brush itself was flimsy and too thick to work with the creamy gel. Since we were in a dill trying to come up with a quick fix without having the correct brush we used a felt tip eyeliner and just dipped it into the geI. Worked great for the tight situation we were in but definately recomend a better brush. The gel itself is tricky to use until you get used to the texture, if its your first time using one. Very black and matte. Stayed on for hours at the wedding she was in. Couldnt have been more happier with the results!