L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

3.9

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm wearing this right now. I'm so mad at myself for spending $12.00 on this at Target. It's horrible! It's not well pigmented. You would think with a name like High Intensity Pigments there would be more than a dash of grey. I had to go over my wing like 4 times. I put it on my tightline at 7:20 AM, at 9:00am my eyes were already looking racoony. I can't with this product. I've been cleaning my eyes all day. This never happened with my Maybelline Lasting Drama whatever it was called. Eye studio?

on 5/9/2012 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My first gel/ cream eyeliner and I love it!!! Just a little dab goes a long way! I wouldn't use the brush included in the package though. It's really hard so I use it for my brows instead.

This is a very pigmented black and it goes on so smooth. I think my days of pencil and liquid eyeliners are over. :)

on 4/21/2012 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first Cream/Gel liner i ever used. This is the reason i got so hooked onto cream/gel liner. Ever since then ive been a fanatic. I bought my first jar about 4 or 5 years ago i believe. Absolutely fell in love. I loved the smooth creamy texture, how easily it glided on with no tugging what so ever. The pigmentation was just as great as the staying power. It didnt budge once i got it on. The only con is that it dries out so quickly. i did everything to prevent it from drying but it was inevitable. I have eggplant, midnight blue and teal. Neither one of those have dried out yet and ive had those for about 6 months. My black one always dried out though.. probably because i used it everyday. i ended up buying 4 jars of this product because they kept drying up. BUT all was not lost.. i was still managed to use the product by putting it in a small plastic baggie, and putting that baggie in a bowl of hot water. This melted the product again and worked temporarily. Or if i was in a rush , i simply added a few drops of Lancomes oil based makeup remover. Works like a charm. Overall, love the actual product.. i just wish L'Oreal came out with a less drying formula .

on 3/18/2012 9:09:00 PM

At fist this stuff worked good but now it's all dry and clay like. It's such a pain putting it on! When I dip my brush into it, the product hardly gets on the brush and when I try to put it on my eyes it clumps and is dry like & just won't go on smoothly at all! This stuff sucks.

on 3/9/2012 11:37:00 AM

This cream eyeliner is fabulous. I only paid $5 for this product and it was definitely worth the money. Huge color pay off, the cream is super thick and pigmented. I love how creamy it is to apply but it dries down. The brush sucks, I threw it away, I use an eyeliner brush I got from urban decay.

on 3/2/2012 2:13:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite! It is super easy to apply and lasts for almost 24 hours. Love it!

on 2/9/2012 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didnt have high hopes for this when I bought it but its alot better than i expected. It's really smooth and very black which i love. It also wasnt very expensive! will repurchase again if i ever finish it.

on 2/9/2012 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So far, this is the only gel eyeliner I have used and been completely happy with. I wipe my waterline with a q-tip, apply my eyeliner and set with a black eye shadow, and it lasts through my school day. IT does migrate a little to the inner corner of my eyes, but it just takes a second to fix and then you're ready to go again. This has a wonderful bold pigment to it, and a rich creamy texture. It's great for bold smoldering looks, or just everyday wear. It also doesn't dry out quickly at all. The packaging is okay, but could be a little more attractive. If you're looking for a great eyeliner, this is it!

on 1/11/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Pros
-Dark black
-With a soft tiny brush, the product goes on smoothly and it's pretty controllable. I didn't experience any "waxiness" that other reviewers mentioned.

Cons:
-Smudges easily. Within a few hours the liner ends up on the bottom rim of my eyes making me look like a nocturnal forest creature or Marilyn Manson. This could be because I have oily lids though.
-Drying. The pot screws open with ease, but unfortunately this means that it does not close well unless you make a conscious effort to tighten it all the way. Mine dried out and now I have a nice pot of stale black lump.
-Brush. The brush does nothing except stab you in the eyelids. Save it to use for torturing enemies. (pro?)

Since it's too late to return mine, I've found ways to make it work by priming and applying dark shadow over the liner to minimize the smudginess. Applying a neutral eyeshadow on the bottom rim helps reduce the transfer too.

on 1/6/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i havent been brave enough to try cream eyeliners much, but this one seems pretty awesome. the color goes on smooth and dark and very easily. i also havent had any problems with it running, which is always the main concern. the brush sucks, of course, but what do you expect. i bought this on clearence so hopefully this doesnt mean it's discontinued.