April 17, 2014 | 1698 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Natural Reflection Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't wear this on top of, or under, foundation like other people do because it REALLY gets cakey and makes me look like I've got a TON of foundation on. I wear it alone in place of foundation, and it gives great coverage, but since it's not a perfect match my face is a different color from my neck. I don't want to mix it in with my foundation because I'm afraid of the cakey-ness.

I'm not sure this is even necessary since my moisturizer, primer, and foundation all have SPF in it. I quite like layering my SPF just in case I miss a spot, but not if it makes me look like I've spackled on my foundation. I give it a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by venteux

I started adding this to my foundation in a 50/50 mix because I like the extra sun protection. However, after a couple of weeks I started breaking out really badly. I haven't changed anything else in my routine, so I suspect this is the culprit. It's too bad, because I really liked it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this works better than the finishing dust! The Fair looks very natural on my face ( light-medium asian skin tone). It works okay to control the shine and i like the way it works as a sunscreen too !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by meow730

This was the best finishing powder from EDM that I tried. It didn't break me out like the original Silk Dust and evened out my skintone when I used it alone with no other makeup.

However, it didn't seem to control oil like the other powders from EDM that I tried. Maybe I just have a super oily T-Zone as no EDM powder helps to control the oil enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best sunscreen i have ever used. If i could give it a TEN i would. Absolute HG stuff, so this powder deserve the five lippies fore sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by strickers

I have this in Fair, Light and Cool pink. Will consider one of the bronzer shades if/when I get a little more tanned this summer.

Flawless finish, velvety smooth, doesn't look powdery. Maintains shine at a decent level (I'm combo skin), and provides sun protection that isn't greasy or sticky (bonus!).

I use cool pink as a primer to even out my redness on my cheeks, and alternate between fair and light depending on my mood/skintone.
Fair is lighter with more of a pink undertone, and light is slightly darker and has a clear yellow undertone. I don't see the difference between these two on, really, but it's something to note. I just like having many jars to sample between, I'm not going to lie.

Anyways, this is my HG finishing powder, and amazing primer. Try it you'll loooove ittttt. Another EDM staple of mine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by elsbett

I got this in Medium Bronzer and thought it would way too dark for me, given the website's photo, but it's perfect!

I don't know my MAC skintone, but I wear Warm-Sandy Medium in Everyday Minerals for foundation.

Wow, not only does this look fabulous, giving just enough "brightening" all over my face, it protects skin from the sun, perfectly.

Yet another fantastic product from Everyday Minerals at a fantastic price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Crystalpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! I received this in light in a sample form and I have to say this is the best finishing powder. It gives you a healthy, luminous glow which is just perfect. Even though this is lighter than my skintone it appears so sheer and translucent after I've applied it. Many of the reviewers have said it contains sunscreen in it which is an added bonus if your not wearing sunscreen so I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edit 4/25/09: I used this today while working in the yard for several hours and it worked really well as a sunscreen. I don't think I got any color at all.
I received a mini size of this in a swap after reading the glowing reviews here. I'm so glad I tried it! I really like it. I use the Cool Pink and it leaves a really great finish over my other mineral foundation. I use EM Orig. Glo foundation w/ some multitasking concealer (another great product). Some days I use Clinique Almost powder under or instead of EM if my acne scars & sun spots are looking a little too dark that day. A quick dusting of Cool pink and my skin is flawless and very "fresh" looking. I can't say it adds color, but seems to brighten up my face. I really like this. And the spf is an added bonus. I'm hoping it will help when I go for my walk at lunchtime at work. I hate slathering sunscreen on over my makeup at lunchtime, I feel gross the rest of the day!
Try this, you'll be happy you did. It also is good w/out anything else, just a really quick skin brightener - it doesn't cover any flaws, but looks better than "nothing" when you're in a hurry.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lairkeeper

Formula change....no good.

ETA: Company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No