July 29, 2014 | 1973 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Kohl Power - Mystery

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've never bought a backup for an eyeliner (don't use that much to begin with), but this one made me change my mind. It's a gorgeous blackened teal that goes really well with teal/blue/green eyeshadows (particularly Talent Pool from the Starflash collection and Blue Flame). The best part is that in certain lights, it looks different--one minute it's black, the next it's teal, the next it's dark teal. I know a lot of people have complained about smudging but I don't use it on my waterline, so maybe that is the difference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought two Kohl Powers: Mystery and Raven. Mystery is a gorgeous super dark teal with shimmer. Itís a really beautiful colourÖ seeing swatches of it online do not do it any justice. Even swatching it on your hand is nothing like using it on your eyes for the first time. I like the fact that these are so smudgyÖ I wear them on my lower lash line (not the waterline, these are no good for that, I use Smolder), smudge it, then clean it up with a Q-tip to get the exact look I want. Since Iím a big fan of dark smudge-y eyeliner, I love these pencils. Iím so glad they were re-released so I could get my paws on them. Anyways, I love these, but Iím only giving them four lippies since they are not good on the waterline and therefore less versatile for me. But I would still definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ChococatG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color: blackish teal. Smooth application and sadly, too much smearing. These Kohl Powers have nice colors but awful staying-power. I am disappointed that it does not stay put on my waterline, as others have said. Also, it tends to wear off rather quickly even when used as an eyeliner above eye. I've also noticed my eyes seem to water more when I've worn it. I've worn it three times and I don't like the irritation or the raccoon effect. I will return this product, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by debllah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely Lovely Lovely, my eyes pop and i get so many compliments
I used Delft Paint pot as a base
Lined my eyes with Mystery and blended it out
i used Grande Entrance Eyeshadow as a highlighter. Im so glad i bought this its the perfect color. Wish they would make this perm.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SShayne

beautiful color (repromote as part of starflash collection) but it did not last and it made my eyes tear -- both on the waterline and as a regular eyeliner. Sadly this is going back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 7:47:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color, wonderful formula! I wish MAC would make all of these permanent, because they have usurped all others as my favorite eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by righteothen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful dark teal color, that really shows up on my pale skin. I love how smooth the texture is, and how easy it is to apply. I only wish they would come out with more colors, and make some of them permanent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LaGitana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have no problem with this liner running or smudging because...what else can you expect from a kohl liner? Actually this color looks black when you try it on your hand, but on my waterline it looks dark green. I think that is the accurate description of this color, a very dark green with some sparkle. I think the price for a liner is a little expensive...but overall it's a good product. My skin is very oily so I wouldn't blame the smudging entirely on the pencil. I find that putting some concealer on the waterline helps a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by threnodyinvelvet

I saw swatches of this colour online and I fell in love, its such a beautiful soft black with some teal shimmer, thing is, when I swatch it in my hand its amazing, but in my eyes, there is hardly any teal and is not as black as I wanted it to be, plus it doesnt stay in the waterline at all, so quite a dissapointment for me. I still use it, but usually to go under eyeshadows or similar.. if MAC puts out an eyeshadow this colour, I would totally buy it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this pencil, it's so far my favorite of the Kohl Power line (I also have Raven and Orpheus is on it's way). Upon hearing about it I thought it would be too much like Tealo, but in reality it's nothing like it. Tealo is a charcoal-teal, much more blackened than Mystery, and without the lovely shimmer of Mystery. Tealo is flat; this is not. It's a lovely shimmery dark teal... not quite black and not quite teal but somewhere in between. These seem to be "heavier" in texture, or something, because they don't budge on my upper lid, but this one in particular does smudge a bit by the end of the day on my lower lashline. (I use a primer on my upper lids, but nothing on the lower lashline so I'll try priming that area next time). Even so, it doesn't look bad and I would repurchase if they re-release these, but I don't think I'll have to anytime soon because they seem larger than MAC's other pencils so I suspect it will last me awhile, especially since I don't need to reapply all the time.