April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Fragranceaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the EDT and I love it. It's very light and feminine and non offensive to my nose. To me, it appears to have a slight likeness to Chanel #5 minus the "old lady" stigma. When I smell #5 I think of rich old woman but with Prada just a hint of #5 makes it really nice for me. Very gentle scent that has some staying power. If your a #5 fan you might enjoy this one too.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by powpow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells horrible on me, all I can smell is pepper and its so nauseating. I can't stand it. The only reason I don't get rid of it is because it was a gift. I only wear it around the person who gave it to me.
The fragrance is long lasting though, if only that damn pepper note wasn't so pronounced, this would bearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The EDT of this fragrance is my new favorite scent! As others have said, the EDT and EDP are COMPLETELY different... so beware and make sure you test both to find your preference. I'm pretty young, so for me, the light scent of the EDT was much more appealing. I think the EDP is a much more mature, sophisticated scent - lovely in its own way, but not up my alley. I tend to like light, fresh scents, so the EDT suits me very well.

I'm not good at describing notes in scents or whatever, but my impression of the EDT reminds me of my childhood growing up in the country. This fragrance reminds me of my mom's garden... just airy and beautiful. The second I smelled it, I knew I had to have it. Immediately. And that's saying something, because this stuff is expensive!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Clare_au

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since there's no entry for the Eau de Toilette, I just thought I'd say this as a PSA:

THE EDT AND THE EDP DO NOT SMELL THE SAME.

I tested them side by side today (one on each wrist) and they could be completely different fragrances. The EDT is soapy, like freshly washed skin or fancy laundry detergent. It's very pleasant, if you like soapy scents. Some of the notes of the EDP are present under the surface, but it's mostly soap. If I were given a bottle, I'd wear it when I wanted an unobtrusive perfume, but I wouldn't seek it out.

The EDP smells like lying in a field of dry grass and golden flowers. It's basically the offspring of L'Artisan Bois Farine and Thierry Mugler Alien. It's utterly gorgeous, and I need a bottle.

If you're interested in the fragrance, test both versions! And keep in mind when you're reading reviews that anyone emphasising the soapy quality is probably reviewing the EDT.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear this for date nights and going out. I love how earthy and green it smells, but it's still feminine and clean. Infusion d'Iris is a very sophisticated and complex scent, and this always lasts hours on my skin; it's very potent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Winterwise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a lovely and modern sheer iris this is. It's so soft, companionable and knowingly discreet, that I'm sort of amazed that it 1) is a very successful fragrance, and 2) was made in the last ten years. After wading through the sea of froot 'n' musk prom bombs at my local Nordstrom's, finding this was a charming surprise indeed. The iris here is of the pastilles and morning mist variety, and the incense drydown is more dry and aromatic than resinous and spicy. This could be worn anywhere, anytime. It may not be earthshaking, but it's refreshingly, tastefully grownup. I gave it an extra lippie for the understated elegance of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by 1hotchick909

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this scent for some time now, I got it in the 6.75 oz. so i don't think I'll ever run out. I really love it. Not too strong (allergies keep me away from super-strong scents). I continue to get compliments on this lovely fragrance!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so happy to get this product for Christmas, as I had smelled it in a magazine and found it sophisticated but not in a heavy old lady kind of way.
First off, i like the packaging; it's clean, simple and looks like it's from France (not sure how to put it, but it's elegant).
I wore it the first day and was beyond disappointed. Although many find this soft and powdery, I found this scent cloying and overwhelming. I didn't get the peppery spice or woody smell at all and was faced only with strong, in my face florals.
I don't want to blame the fragrance because i don't think it's the frangrance as much as it's my body chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

I have been obsessed with trying this fragrance for several years - I loved the magazine fragrance inserts with the smoky iris and spice so perfectly mixed - as well as the perfectly styled advertising capaign. So when I finally had a couple samples and a bottle, I thought I was set. . . . .

However, the scent for me was very soapy and not much else. I kept trying it, waiting for the spice and iris to develop, and it just stayed at powdery soapy clean for me. Which is great, but not what I was going for. I also found the EDP disappeared in 2 hours or less.

I think this fragrance is a shining example of what personal chemistry does for a scent - a friend of mine wears it and it is amazing. All the depth and complexity I was looking for, but it just didn't happen for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by curlymom2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This perfume did not work for me. Extremely powdery at first and then developed into something reminiscent of Off mosquito repellent. I think that it is one of those scents that I would think was nice if I smelled it on someone else, and it would probably make a nice potpourri or home fragrance. Just not good with my chemistry. Love the bottle though, very simple and elegant. So sick and tired of the crazy, cheap-looking bottles of a lot of the newer fragrances.