December 22, 2014 | 1449 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by totesboats

As much as I like to think of myself as a scent explorer, I can barely tolerate this for longer than an hour before frantically scurrying to a bathroom to scrub it off. It smells just like my grandmother, a fantastic woman who had a very pronounced old-lady/ancient powder smell in her later years. Even so, I don't think she'd really go for this.

On me, the EDP has a healthy sillage and projects quite well with a spray on each wrist. I don't get any earthiness from it, as the considerable amount of benzoin has been completely neutered along with the vetiver. It's no citrus and all old soap, or rather the kind of soap that remains unsold and forgotten in the bed and bath section of Tuesday Morning. The strangest aspect of Infusion D'Iris is that it has negative warmth--I love a "cool" fragrance on a hot summer day, but this fragrance is so chilly that it reminds me of a funeral home. A morgue smells more lively than this.

If you want to smell like you collect doilies and play bridge with the soon-to-be-departed, I cannot recommend a more suitable perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by stls

Infusion d'Iris is not the type of perfume I would fall for, but well... it got me.
While building a perfume collection one realizes that although a particular olfactory group will be the favorite, there are others that have their time and place too.

Opens with the refreshing kick of orange and neroli. Then gradually gets more soapy and powdery, smells airy, cool and clean. But Infusion d'iris is more than citrus, soap and powder. As it reaches the drydown there is an almost transparent woody lightly incensey base. Seamlessly blended, geniously structured and totally unisex.

Sillage is low but it's surprising long lasting.
I consider it a serene scent, very suitable for job interviews. A little austere, aloof at time, clean and modern but not intimidating, professional, self possessed, not flirty at all. Totally lacking emotion but still manages to have personality at the same time.
A great choice for taking a break from louder/sweeter scents, helps me concentrate and accomplish tasks.

Brings to mind a cool spring rain in the woods and it's also soothing. As a friend, wouldn't be the one to bake you comforting cookies but would give you the wisest advice for sure.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I bought the rollerball of this as I wanted a smaller version of the fragrance to carry around with me in my bag. The packaging for this is fantastic - inside the outer box is an embossed pale green case with a snap closure where the rollerball is stored.

The fragrance itself is fresh, clean, slightly floral without being sharp or having an overwhelming alcohol odor. I was using a sample size of this for so long, I tried to make it last as long as possible because I adored it so much. Only time will tell if I start to get headaches from this (I really hope not). Right now I would definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I remember when this fragrance came out several years ago and i remember trying it several times. Either i didnt like it or i just ignored it completely. I got a sample of this fragrance sent to me a few days ago so am now trying it again. This time i love it. Infusion D'Iris is much more floral than i originally remember it being. I have the EDP. Maybe i was trying to EDT when it first came out but i dont remember it being as floral as it is now. I love florals so maybe the reason i like it so much now is because i am wearing the EDP. Infusion D'Iris is deep and smokey....brooding. It is not a happy type floral. It lasts a long time and projects well. Infusion D'Iris follows you around and leaves a lovely floral trail in its wake.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Another love of mine.

The scent: clean, soapy, transparent, elegant, floral, signature.

I find this scent immensely sexy, and it is by no means a sexy scent. It does smell a bit soapy, and maybe that fresh cleanliness is what reminds me of stepping out of the shower into a clean towel, and putting on lingerie. I've had lots of compliments from men, so I guess men like clean scents on women haha.

Anyway, it's a very elegant effortless feminine scent. It's not overpowering, and it can get lost in the crowd of gourmands. It is however, the loveliest "daytime" scent. It is quite sophisticated, and I just love Irises! For all its seeming simplicity, it is a quite complex mix and it changes through the dry-down. I feel most "perfumes" nowadays are very linear and even if they smell nice, a bit boring. Infusion d'Iris is a true perfume with a changing scent.

This is what any signature scent should aspire to be: unique, fresh, and full of personality and depth.

And how can you ignore that bottle? It looks crisp and, frankly, expensive. I love it.

(self-indulgent bit) What it makes me think of: shabby chic mason jar as a flower vase, set on top of coffee table books; a white bedroom with a soft breeze flowing through it, laying on a fluffy couch under the open window, there's grass outside and it's slightly cloudy. Kissing on the couch, listening to soft jazz music.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Fragranceaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the EDT and I love it. It's very light and feminine and non offensive to my nose. To me, it appears to have a slight likeness to Chanel #5 minus the "old lady" stigma. When I smell #5 I think of rich old woman but with Prada just a hint of #5 makes it really nice for me. Very gentle scent that has some staying power. If your a #5 fan you might enjoy this one too.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by powpow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells horrible on me, all I can smell is pepper and its so nauseating. I can't stand it. The only reason I don't get rid of it is because it was a gift. I only wear it around the person who gave it to me.
The fragrance is long lasting though, if only that damn pepper note wasn't so pronounced, this would bearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The EDT of this fragrance is my new favorite scent! As others have said, the EDT and EDP are COMPLETELY different... so beware and make sure you test both to find your preference. I'm pretty young, so for me, the light scent of the EDT was much more appealing. I think the EDP is a much more mature, sophisticated scent - lovely in its own way, but not up my alley. I tend to like light, fresh scents, so the EDT suits me very well.

I'm not good at describing notes in scents or whatever, but my impression of the EDT reminds me of my childhood growing up in the country. This fragrance reminds me of my mom's garden... just airy and beautiful. The second I smelled it, I knew I had to have it. Immediately. And that's saying something, because this stuff is expensive!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Clare_au

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since there's no entry for the Eau de Toilette, I just thought I'd say this as a PSA:

THE EDT AND THE EDP DO NOT SMELL THE SAME.

I tested them side by side today (one on each wrist) and they could be completely different fragrances. The EDT is soapy, like freshly washed skin or fancy laundry detergent. It's very pleasant, if you like soapy scents. Some of the notes of the EDP are present under the surface, but it's mostly soap. If I were given a bottle, I'd wear it when I wanted an unobtrusive perfume, but I wouldn't seek it out.

The EDP smells like lying in a field of dry grass and golden flowers. It's basically the offspring of L'Artisan Bois Farine and Thierry Mugler Alien. It's utterly gorgeous, and I need a bottle.

If you're interested in the fragrance, test both versions! And keep in mind when you're reading reviews that anyone emphasising the soapy quality is probably reviewing the EDT.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear this for date nights and going out. I love how earthy and green it smells, but it's still feminine and clean. Infusion d'Iris is a very sophisticated and complex scent, and this always lasts hours on my skin; it's very potent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No