OPI Russian Navy

4.5

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

So far I love this color. It's dark blue, like I wanted, and sometimes it appears a bit purple. The biggest issue with the color is that you can really only see it under bright light, otherwise it looks like black. It also needed three coats to look even and shiny. Another issue is if you get it on your skin while applying it will be blue for awhile even when you use polish remover. Nonetheless I've kept this color, because I enjoy the shade.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OPI is absolutely amazing. It's the best polish I've ever used. It applies smoothly regardless of what color it is, or if it has glitter in it. It dries moderately fast. I love this stuff so much. The only thing I don't like about it is the price. So expensive! Well, even though this polish is pricey, I would recommend it to anyone who loves to paint their nails. This is good quality.
Russian navy is a navy blue color with a tiny bit of a deep purple shimmer. I believe this color would look good on all skin tones, and if you want to have dark nails, but not black, this is the polish for you. Just as a heads up for those who are thinking about buying it, the polish looks more purple in the bottle than it does on your nails. Love it!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't have many OPI polishes but this is my favorite of my small collection. The formula is a dream, it doesn't streak, doesn't chip, just kind of magically applies flawlessly, and one or two coats at most and you're set. It feels very elegant. I have OPI's Road House Blues and that one is so dark, it is hard to tell it isn't black. Russian Navy has more wow factor. The color when applied to the nails looks very different from the when the polish is in the bottle; I bought this thinking it would be a dark slightly shimmery purple but applied it's like a midnight blue with a hint of purple (I don't think "Russian Navy" really suits the color). Most photos online don't do it justice in my opinion. The color is gorgeous. I kept finding myself looking at my nails mid-conversation (rude!). Love this color!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This is Russian Navy; a dark blue base with bright blue and fuchsia shimmer (that my camera has decided to eat). Application was like buttah and it was opaque in two coats. The perfect vampy blue for fall.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just a beautiful inky navy blue, with red shimmer when held under a bright light or in the sun. I have had this on for about a week and no chipping just a little dulling, which was fixed when I refreshed the top coat. One of my favorite colors.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my first venture into a blue polish. Russian Navy is a dark navy with a high gloss shine. The blue shows in almost all light levels. In the bottle there is a bit of a purple shimmer. On the nail the shimmer is very subtle. It is only visible in bright sunlight. I would recommend this for any season, not just a "winter dark."

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is originally from OPI's 2007 Russian collection, but it's part of the core line now, and, presumably, the formula has been updated to omit the "big three" and bring it in line with other OPI polishes.

Despite looking rather purple in the bottle, this is a deep, inky, navy blue. In the right light, you can catch flashes of purple, but this isn't really a "blurple" polish, no matter how purple it looks in the bottle. Being fairly dark, in some lighting situations, this polish looks black, or nearly black. Formula is fine, fairly typical OPI, with full opacity in two coats. I don't recommend wearing this without a base coat, as it's highly pigmented and will quite possibly stain. It's also very annoying to have to clean off your cuticles.

One very nice thing about this polish is that I recently found out through experimentation that it works extremely well for nail stamping (i.e., Konad-style metal plates). That's a nice bonus, I think.

This looks very nice with my pale, cool-toned complexion. I wear this when I want a nice, deep, sophisticated polish that isn't black and isn't warm. This also works well under a surprising number of glitters, and adds a bit more colour/mood than a plain black would. Very versatile polish.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous inky blue, the perfect dark cobalt. It looks purple in the bottle, but on my nails (fair skin with light olive undertone), it's a deep cobalt with a wine-purple shimmer to it. One of my favourites, and it's really unexpected. It can look black indoors, especially at night with artificial light, but I hardly mind. Just beautiful. Lasts a decently long time with a topcoat, I just have to be careful to let it really dry before I put on the topcoat, and give it some time to cure -- anything really harsh that digs into the nails will dent and chip it for an hour after. (I learned my lesson trying to open a flip-cap on a bottle of spices.)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love the color, but this polish did not last on my nails. This was chipping within a day, by day 3 all my nails had chips.

I love this fall color, this is an amazing navy shimmer but it is not just flat blue shimmer unlike some navies. This navy has red and purple shimmer in it besides just the normal blue tones. I would recomend this to people looking for a good fall color that isn't your run of the mill red or maroon!

Top Rated OPI Products