November 27, 2014 | 914 users online

Polishes - OPI - Russian Navy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by spicymulberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous inky blue, the perfect dark cobalt. It looks purple in the bottle, but on my nails (fair skin with light olive undertone), it's a deep cobalt with a wine-purple shimmer to it. One of my favourites, and it's really unexpected. It can look black indoors, especially at night with artificial light, but I hardly mind. Just beautiful. Lasts a decently long time with a topcoat, I just have to be careful to let it really dry before I put on the topcoat, and give it some time to cure -- anything really harsh that digs into the nails will dent and chip it for an hour after. (I learned my lesson trying to open a flip-cap on a bottle of spices.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Love the color, but this polish did not last on my nails. This was chipping within a day, by day 3 all my nails had chips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by dsqrd44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this fall color, this is an amazing navy shimmer but it is not just flat blue shimmer unlike some navies. This navy has red and purple shimmer in it besides just the normal blue tones. I would recomend this to people looking for a good fall color that isn't your run of the mill red or maroon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by underage

My absolute favorite winter color. I used to love Lincoln Park After Dark but this has replaced it. The color is a deep purplish blue. You only need 2 coats for it to be perfectly opaque and it's not streaky at all. I love the new OPI brush! It makes it so easy to coat your nails and it does not chip easily. Works for every skin tone

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by valeeeriaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a stunning dark blue purple color. I initially bought it thinking it was a dark purple , but once applied its a dark blue with subtle purple and red shimmers . It's gorgeous and the perfect color for fall and winter . The formula is nice. It has a good consistency and is opaque in two coats . However make sure to wear a base coat because this does stain . The brush is super wide which I like because you can easily get your whole nail in one swipe . Overall it's a great polish and a staple in any nail polish junkies collection .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Pokica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is perfect purple-blue nail color! I like it so much. I applied two coats and it doesn't chips 4 days.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Ebelida

I can't get enough of this polish! I own so many, that I try not to repeat my selection often. However, I drool over this each and every time I open my polish drawer! The color is decadent and shiny, application is absolutely perfect, and nails look professionally done. This is my go-to dark polish. I love to wear it to work.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by cindahBEAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really pretty color... it's just darker than I typically prefer (to me it's nearly black with two coats unless the light hits it). Plus I often do french manicures on myself, so it definitely looks black when it's such a little stripe on the nail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really interesting color. In the bottle it's a shimmery dark purple blue. First coat is blue. Second coat brings out the purple. It's a blueberry color really. Or would it be called "blurple" ? "Plue" ? Lol. All in all, very pretty. Looks different depending on the lighting. Stains skin though, but no matter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by MissMell0w

Wonderful deep color that looks gorgeous in natural and artificial light. Shifts from dark navy(almost black)color to a warm purple with red shimmer. Just beautiful! lasts about four days on me with base and topcoat but thats about as long as i can go without changing polish. One of my first OPI purchases, I'm pleased I bought it.

BTW, for those in Australia, my beauty spot has selected colors for $9.99 each.