OPI Russian Navy

4.6

on 8/20/2013 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my first venture into a blue polish. Russian Navy is a dark navy with a high gloss shine. The blue shows in almost all light levels. In the bottle there is a bit of a purple shimmer. On the nail the shimmer is very subtle. It is only visible in bright sunlight. I would recommend this for any season, not just a "winter dark."

on 1/3/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is originally from OPI's 2007 Russian collection, but it's part of the core line now, and, presumably, the formula has been updated to omit the "big three" and bring it in line with other OPI polishes.

Despite looking rather purple in the bottle, this is a deep, inky, navy blue shimmer. In the right light, you can catch flashes of purple, but this isn't a "blurple" polish, no matter how purple it looks in the bottle. Being fairly dark, in some lighting situations, this polish looks black, or nearly black. Formula is fine, fairly typical OPI, with full opacity in two coats. I don't recommend wearing this without a base coat, as it's highly pigmented and will quiet possibly stain.

One very nice thing about this polish is that I recently found out through experimentation that it works extremely well for nail stamping (i.e., Konad-style metal plates). That's a nice bonus, I think.

This looks very nice with my pale, cool-toned complexion. I wear when I want a nice, deep, sophisticated polish that isn't black and isn't warm. This also works well under a surprising number of glitters, and adds a bit more colour/mood than a plain black would. Very versatile polish.

on 10/17/2012 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous inky blue, the perfect dark cobalt. It looks purple in the bottle, but on my nails (fair skin with light olive undertone), it's a deep cobalt with a wine-purple shimmer to it. One of my favourites, and it's really unexpected. It can look black indoors, especially at night with artificial light, but I hardly mind. Just beautiful. Lasts a decently long time with a topcoat, I just have to be careful to let it really dry before I put on the topcoat, and give it some time to cure -- anything really harsh that digs into the nails will dent and chip it for an hour after. (I learned my lesson trying to open a flip-cap on a bottle of spices.)

on 10/16/2012 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love the color, but this polish did not last on my nails. This was chipping within a day, by day 3 all my nails had chips.

on 10/16/2012 8:27:00 PM

I love this fall color, this is an amazing navy shimmer but it is not just flat blue shimmer unlike some navies. This navy has red and purple shimmer in it besides just the normal blue tones. I would recomend this to people looking for a good fall color that isn't your run of the mill red or maroon!

on 9/17/2012 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My absolute favorite winter color. I used to love Lincoln Park After Dark but this has replaced it. The color is a deep purplish blue. You only need 2 coats for it to be perfectly opaque and it's not streaky at all. I love the new OPI brush! It makes it so easy to coat your nails and it does not chip easily. Works for every skin tone

on 9/17/2012 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a stunning dark blue purple color. I initially bought it thinking it was a dark purple , but once applied its a dark blue with subtle purple and red shimmers . It's gorgeous and the perfect color for fall and winter . The formula is nice. It has a good consistency and is opaque in two coats . However make sure to wear a base coat because this does stain . The brush is super wide which I like because you can easily get your whole nail in one swipe . Overall it's a great polish and a staple in any nail polish junkies collection .

on 9/11/2012 7:18:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is perfect purple-blue nail color! I like it so much. I applied two coats and it doesn't chips 4 days.

on 9/6/2012 12:37:00 PM

I can't get enough of this polish! I own so many, that I try not to repeat my selection often. However, I drool over this each and every time I open my polish drawer! The color is decadent and shiny, application is absolutely perfect, and nails look professionally done. This is my go-to dark polish. I love to wear it to work.

on 9/3/2012 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a really pretty color... it's just darker than I typically prefer (to me it's nearly black with two coats unless the light hits it). Plus I often do french manicures on myself, so it definitely looks black when it's such a little stripe on the nail.

Popular Polishes