October 22, 2014 | 1856 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Show Orchid is definitely a cool-toned fuchsia pink lipstick with this gorgeous blue sheen. Itís incredibly bright, I think maybe the brightest hot pink lipstick I own. I love the finish (another amplified creme) and on my lips it applies smoothly and 100% opaque. The pigmentation is incredibly, surprisingly for such a cool-toned lipstick, it really suits medium-tan skintones. Itís long-lasting too, it lasts me through eating and drinking (great for nights out!) and fades to a stain on my lips that is still visible the next day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

So
damn
worth
it.
I am so happy that I managed to snag this before pro products were available for everyone via the website. I first saw Show Orchid when Kelly Osbourne was wearing it in a photo shoot and I fell in love with it. I'm as pale as Kelly and I've got black hair so I knew it was going to look amazing, and it really does! The formula is really nice, it doesn't bleed so I don't have to use a liner ad it keeps my lips hydrated! Wouldn't hesitate to repurchase this one bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by amary18

Oh how I love this colour for my NC42/C6 skin in the summer time/for night time, evening looks.

My signature look has been referred to as "black hair, black dress/outfit...and PINK lips" thanks to snow orchid lipstick. What i love about this lipstick is that it doesn't bleed on me so I never have to worry about applying lipliner with it.

It's a gorgeous colour and I receive compliments every time I wear it!

Definitely will repurchase. I've had it for a year now and it feels brand new with each wear (I'm not an avid follower of make-up expirey dates) but I don't share my make up products so if it's just me using.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by NC11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For some time, I'd been looking for a bright bluish pink lipstick that would work with my fair skin and dark hair. I tried one fuchsia after another to no avail: each one made my skin look transparent. Then I tried Show Orchid and was it ever worth the trip to the MAC Pro store to get it!
In the tube it might seem ever so slightly neon but on the lips it has versatility and attitude, a vivacious pink with just enough blue to make one's teeth look whiter :) Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by KimmyKub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been wanting this lip color for soo long. it wasn't available when I wanted it so an artist recommended Girl About Town. It was...Fuschia, it seemed kind of a berry color on my skin because it's light/medium and slightly reddish in pics. I ordered the Show Orchid just hoping it were better. I moisturized my lips, put on concealer and put on the lipstick. The color was BEAUTIFUL a HOT PINK and it doesn't have that red or berry tone like Girl About Town does. It's sooo much more pretty. I'm usually all for pastel or mid-tone pink (Saint Germain, Pink Nouveau) but this shade just made me fall in love with it's surprisingly vivid color. I thought the lighter shades were the only ones that were bright. Show Orchid definitely proved me wrong

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by hotmetalchicky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Everybody raves about Show Orchid and in swatches it looked just about the most perfect colour for me ever and I knew I'd love it, so I lusted after it for ages. Since buying it I've never worn it out :( It feel dry and drags as it applies and the frost accentuates every little poor dried out line in my lips, making me look like I have the lips of someone double my age. It doesn't even seem to be that frosty a colour, but the dryness and dragging of the lipstick make it appear frosty, strange and out dated. It's a nice colour, but a tad over rated and it most definitely needs to go over well prepped and moisturised lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

Love this hot pink fuchsia lipstick! It's very wearable unlike many of the other fuchsias I've encountered (girl about town, lickable, etc). Fuchsias tend to clash with my fair nc25 skin because of the strong blue undertones. I don't know what it is about Show Orchid, but it's really gorgeous and pictures online really can't justify how amazing it looks in person. All I need to do is find a nice lipliner to wear it with (I've heard that a bright red lipliner goes good with fuchsia lipsticks). It's a nice color I think everyone should own. Bright, vibrant, doesn't make me look older... (a lot of bold lipsticks make me look older than my age).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Show Orchid is just about the brighest pink lipstick I have ever seen. A beautiful pink lipstick with violet shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by kim84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just like the other reviewers said, this lipstick is intimidating when you see it in the package. It looks like a bright fuscia, scarey bright. I opened the tube and I was like "uhh no". But, I said let me try it, who's going to see. Absolutely beautiful. Yes, it's bright, but in a gorgeous way. It brightens up your face. I wore it to work this morning with a grey smokey eye, and it looks so good! Also, used it with Joyer lip conditioner underneath which makes it look a little more glossy. Anyone who likes the Kim K dramatic bright lip, should give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

This is absolutely gorgeous. It looks really scary and bright in the tube but when I have it on it's just a vivid, gorgeous magenta/fuchsia color that's very flattering. It isn't drying and last a pretty long time-longer, in fact, than the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme I purchased during the same shopping trip. It's not for the faint of heart, but it's definitely more wearable than you'd think.
UPDATE 1/22/2013: Last night I pulled this little beauty out of my stash, not having worn it for a long time. God, it's just so gorgeous! I've tried many fuchsia pinks since I wrote the first review and they don't compare. The characteristic that sets this apart is the Amplified finish. It applies with incredible smoothness for such a pigmented shade, and it has a velvety iridescence that isn't shiny or sparkly. But I can't do it justice. You just have to try it. I keep all my other makeup very clean when I wear this: just perfect my skin with concealer, foundation, etc, and do mascara on my top lashes only. It keeps this from looking clownish. PS: I use MAC's Prime+Prep Lip Primer with all my MAC lipsticks, it's fantastic.