November 21, 2014 | 1709 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LadyLightRaven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a big makeup wearer. I usually just use Eyeliner and mascara. But I have found this pressed power to be a good and easy addition to my routine. The toasted almond is a surprisingly good match for my skin color. The compact fits easily into the side of my purse and it's durable. I can't tell you how often I drop it. Oh, and the mirror stays surprisingly clean. I have only good things to say about this powder. It does what I need it to do. When the days come that I need more coverage, I'll probably use something else. For now, this is very good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is another OK pressed powder, it's not chalky but not very silky either. Doesn't really control the shine and not very long wearing. It's pretty sheer so I use it to set my makeup, it works well for that, doesn't look ashy, and gives me a finished look. To me it's matte, I don't notice any illuminating effect, which is fine since I have super oily T-zone. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by anapanics

This is the only powder I've used and I love it! It is good with oil control. In the summer during school time I do need to reapply at around lunch though because it's hot and sweats off. It gives a light coverage also and overall I really enjoy it. I do not use the puff it comes with cause it's too cakey, I use a big brush instead.

The packaging is simple so what's so complain about it. I would not purchase again though because I want to try other powders!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by kerry31

I really like this powder. I use it with a brush rather than the puff that it comes with - puffs can make powder look cakey because you end up putting on to much. If you build it up, it gives a small amount of coverage, but I prefer using it in a light layer over my foundation to control oil and set the foundation. Gives a subtle radiance to the skin. If you are very oily or live in a humid climate, it may not work as well, but for slightly oily or combo skin, it should work well without being too drying. Packaging is very basic, but overall it's a great product for the price, and I would use this over department store powders anyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by xteetastic

I really like this product so far. It goes on nicely, doesn't look cakey, and doesn't fade very quick. I don't like the pad that comes with the compact, so I'm am using one of my own. I prefer this over Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

My thoughts for this product is all over the place so i shall divide it into pros and cons for more comprehensive reading:
PROS
- It provides a bit of coverage (it's not a powder FOUNDATION obviously so don't expect to use it just by itself without concealer/liquid foundation underneath)
- The powder has a almost velvety texture when first applied
- Has minimal discolouration even after hours of wear
- I don't think it accentuates fine lines (though i'm a little young to tell)

CONS
- starts to seperate on skin from my oily oily face
- Doesn't control oil, at all.
- Packaging is fairly cheap looking (but it still functions fine) and the layers beneath the top of the powder looks a little uneven and less finely millled

Even though i've read reviews that this colour range is quite light, creamy natural suited my skin which kinda fluctuates between NC25-20 and 53 in the Bourjois Healthy Mix range. It works fine as a powder and the puff provided isn't completely useless (though it does look a little heavy handed if you're not careful) though i use a mini kabuki brush to buff it in. But in terms of repurchasing, i wouldn't due to the fact that it doesn't control oil like my dream powder would.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by couldyoupleasehold

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product to set the matching liquid foundation. I found the pad it comes with picks up way too much product and gives the terrible look that i'd decided to apply my makeup with a shovel that morning so i used a brush instead.

When i used both the powder and lliquid together i broke out horribly all over my face with big sore red pimples so i stopped using them because i'd never had a breakout that bad before in my life. Every now and then i run out of powder however and have to use this one to finish my foundation and i find it still gives me little breakouts so i try to always have an alternative in my makeup case, this is purely in my cupboard still as a backup.

PROS: Good coverage, when i use this over a fairly sheer foundation it really covers up imperfections and finished the look well.
Good colour match. I picked up the perfect shade for my skin, it matches exactly so that was great.

CONS: MASSIVE breakouts when i use this product.
The pad provided to apply powder picks up way too much product. You will need a brush if you want to try it which will add to the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Omigod, this was the most awful powder I've ever used, very thick and caked up horribly on my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

While this is a pressed powder, which means you're supposed to use it over a foundation, I use it as a foundation. It worked okay but tends to be a bit cakey. There's obviously no coverage with this but the lightest color matches my skin tone (pale olive skin) nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by becca19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love this stuff. I usually don't buy Cover Girl products but I picked this up because I wanted a powder compact to keep in my purse for touch ups. I use this after my foundation and my face looks amazing. It doesn't settle into my pores or lines it just makes me look flawless. I am really impressed with this and I've already picked up a back up.