April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by anapanics

This is the only powder I've used and I love it! It is good with oil control. In the summer during school time I do need to reapply at around lunch though because it's hot and sweats off. It gives a light coverage also and overall I really enjoy it. I do not use the puff it comes with cause it's too cakey, I use a big brush instead.

The packaging is simple so what's so complain about it. I would not purchase again though because I want to try other powders!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by kerry31

I really like this powder. I use it with a brush rather than the puff that it comes with - puffs can make powder look cakey because you end up putting on to much. If you build it up, it gives a small amount of coverage, but I prefer using it in a light layer over my foundation to control oil and set the foundation. Gives a subtle radiance to the skin. If you are very oily or live in a humid climate, it may not work as well, but for slightly oily or combo skin, it should work well without being too drying. Packaging is very basic, but overall it's a great product for the price, and I would use this over department store powders anyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by xteetastic

I really like this product so far. It goes on nicely, doesn't look cakey, and doesn't fade very quick. I don't like the pad that comes with the compact, so I'm am using one of my own. I prefer this over Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

My thoughts for this product is all over the place so i shall divide it into pros and cons for more comprehensive reading:
PROS
- It provides a bit of coverage (it's not a powder FOUNDATION obviously so don't expect to use it just by itself without concealer/liquid foundation underneath)
- The powder has a almost velvety texture when first applied
- Has minimal discolouration even after hours of wear
- I don't think it accentuates fine lines (though i'm a little young to tell)

CONS
- starts to seperate on skin from my oily oily face
- Doesn't control oil, at all.
- Packaging is fairly cheap looking (but it still functions fine) and the layers beneath the top of the powder looks a little uneven and less finely millled

Even though i've read reviews that this colour range is quite light, creamy natural suited my skin which kinda fluctuates between NC25-20 and 53 in the Bourjois Healthy Mix range. It works fine as a powder and the puff provided isn't completely useless (though it does look a little heavy handed if you're not careful) though i use a mini kabuki brush to buff it in. But in terms of repurchasing, i wouldn't due to the fact that it doesn't control oil like my dream powder would.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by couldyoupleasehold

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product to set the matching liquid foundation. I found the pad it comes with picks up way too much product and gives the terrible look that i'd decided to apply my makeup with a shovel that morning so i used a brush instead.

When i used both the powder and lliquid together i broke out horribly all over my face with big sore red pimples so i stopped using them because i'd never had a breakout that bad before in my life. Every now and then i run out of powder however and have to use this one to finish my foundation and i find it still gives me little breakouts so i try to always have an alternative in my makeup case, this is purely in my cupboard still as a backup.

PROS: Good coverage, when i use this over a fairly sheer foundation it really covers up imperfections and finished the look well.
Good colour match. I picked up the perfect shade for my skin, it matches exactly so that was great.

CONS: MASSIVE breakouts when i use this product.
The pad provided to apply powder picks up way too much product. You will need a brush if you want to try it which will add to the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Omigod, this was the most awful powder I've ever used, very thick and caked up horribly on my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

While this is a pressed powder, which means you're supposed to use it over a foundation, I use it as a foundation. It worked okay but tends to be a bit cakey. There's obviously no coverage with this but the lightest color matches my skin tone (pale olive skin) nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by becca19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love this stuff. I usually don't buy Cover Girl products but I picked this up because I wanted a powder compact to keep in my purse for touch ups. I use this after my foundation and my face looks amazing. It doesn't settle into my pores or lines it just makes me look flawless. I am really impressed with this and I've already picked up a back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great find for me. I have this in #105 Ivory, and it's almost a perfect match for my skin. Like another reviewer, I use this over the Simply Ageless foundation and these two products work wonderfully together. I buff this on lightly with a soft brush and it gives me a very nice glow. It doesn't keep me completely matte but as oily as my skin is I don't expect it to. Overall I'm very pleased with this powder and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by yummykeylimepie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have found my HG powder! For years I used Revlon Colorstay but found it starting to flake on my skin- not pretty.
I was looking to buy Trublend but they didn't have my shade so I went with Advanced Radiance and am so glad I did. Like other reviewers have said it does run light. I am nw20 and I bought Creamy Natural. It's fine for winter but with summer coming I will have to repurchase in Natural Beige.
This stuff is great. My skin is combo with flaky patches on cheeks and oily t-zone and this doesn't dry my skin out nor does it make it oily. My face stays matte for a whole evening out. There is no shimmer in this powder but it does seem to give a natural glow and hide fine lines.
Great stuff and will repurchase!!

UPDATE:
I had wanted to get this in Natural Beige for the summer. According to CG website this shade should be available in Canada but I can't find it anywhere. I've only seen three shades here.
I am still loving this and will continue to use just wish more colours were available.