Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry

4.5

polybutene, polydecene, petrrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecanol, microcrystalinne wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, tocopheryl acetane, salvia sclarea (clary) extract, betula alba (birch) extract... the list goes on...

on 6/3/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Clinique devotee for several years now....bought this after buying their colored superbalm (now discont?) several years back. Love the shape of the applicator and the metal cap, happy that the gloss is non-sticky (hate when my hair gets glued to my lips in the slightest breeze, as was the case with Lancome Juicy Tubes for me!) However, after a month or two of use, I noticed a mildewy odor coming from the bottle. It's pretty much gone now, but it was weird because I'm always pretty good about cleaning off the tip after I use it each time. Also would prefer it to be more pigmented (fairly pigmented lips already though).

on 10/11/2011 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't really know what to start.
The packaging is great - hygienic without a lot of bulk that tricks you into thinking that there's a lot of product when there's not.
The price is right, at $14.50, although it's not the cheapest lip product ever.
But it's just so comfortable to wear. I feel like this makes my lipbalm moisturize so much better - alone, they each last about half an hour (because i tend to bite my lips a lot), but together, i can eat a whole meal, have a heated conversation, and drink a cup of milk and still feel that i have moisture and a bit of shine on my lips. I like that it's not so shiny that it looks like I've coated my lips with a layer of vinyl, it just makes my lips look plump and healthy.
I'm not going to say that it's 'not sticky at all'. Hair will stick to your lips while wearing this if it's a windy day or something - but it does that even when I'm wearing a basic lipbalm like chapstick. I do find that it's significantly less sticky than stila lip glazes and lancome juicy tubes though, it has a jelly like texture rather than a goopy one. But yeah, I'd buy these again and again.

on 9/16/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Awesome sheer red wash!! very pretty and moisturizing. I got this in a gwp and it looks great and youthful on my lips. I probably wont buy this on its own because it isnt a unique color that i exclusively need to seek out. But if I need to buy a filler product to meet my gwp purchase, this is quite practical and everyday product in my makeup aresenal.

on 7/28/2011 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This gloss is great! It's fragrance free, moisturizing, and natural looking. It's not sticky and doesn't dry your lips out. The raspberry color is a sheer yet bright strawberry pink, with no shimmer. A Clinique rep provided me with a small sample size and I would have never even looked at it otherwise. It's become my favorite laid back gloss. I haven't yet had to buy another, but I would. Although I'd rather pick up one in a gift with purchase b/c for $14 I can almost get 3 tubes of another favorite fragrance free lip shine. Clinique provides excellent basic products for sensitive skin, but sometimes their price points just cross the line for me - usually for their makeup, like here.

on 7/12/2011 12:43:00 PM

love this product. non-greasy and long-lasting. very moisturizing and no fragrance/flavor.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very pretty pop of red tint on the lips. Colour is sheer but goes on super shiny without being sticky (think: Longlast Glosswear, Stila Lip Glazes). Do not dry out my lips unlike other lip glosses which tend to leave whitish flakes around the corners of my lips. Love that they do not come with shimmers too because I hate how the glitter bits get stuck to my lips even after the lip gloss has worn off.Will repurchase again and again.

on 7/10/2011 7:58:00 AM

a friend gave me a sample of this, it's not something i would generally buy because i have long hair and i HATE how it always gets stuck in lip gloss.
on it's own, the colour is sheer to the point of almost not being visible.
but what i do like this for is just dabbing a tiny bit in the centre of my lips when i'm wearing lipstick, just to give me a tiny bit of a glossy sheen and to prevent my lips drying. i also like that there's no funky smell or taste.
but $32AU seems incredibly expensive to me when i can get the same effect with a $5 tube of paw paw ointment.

on 6/26/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love that this gloss isn't sticky! The colour is a bit sheer so it's best to use for layering over lipstick or on it's own if your just prefer a light pop of colour. This gloss is very moisturizing and doesn't feel like glue on my lips. Makes my lips look alot fuller and am surprised at how long it lasts too.

I love this. The color is sheer, but great to layer over lipsticks(:
It doesn't smell funny or taste funny, and it IS NOT STICKY!

on 5/1/2011 5:54:00 PM

The best everyday lipgloss! Non-sticky, moisturizing, and just a pop of colour! I'll repurchase over and over!

Recommended for Medium Skin