NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

4.5

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Silicate, Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutylene, Silicone Oil, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarine Blue, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Red, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, Manganese Violet, Carmine.

on 12/29/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I do enjoy my brow powders and this was an alright product. I do have natural light-medium brown hair and fair skin and this doesn't make my brows look too red or yellow toned considering that I have fair features. It's great.
The shades I'm not worried about, but the wax doesn't hold my brows in place and it tends to make them oilier and lose their shape within a few hours within application. I don't know why, but yes, my eyebrows get oily and the powder then slips and slides away and wherever the wind carries it. They're like Miley Cyrus, they can't be tamed. No matter how hard I try. I've even been desperate enough to put primer on my eyebrows in hopes for the colour and the wax to stay in place.
So I guess this is the best one I've tried considering this is the only brow powder I've ever tried. Colour is great. The wax for the brow hold however, not so much.

on 12/28/2014 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Really nice, unique shades and the spoolie is great, but that's where it ends for me, unfortunately. This doesn't last on me and the gel does nothing to hold my brows in place. The brush included is hard and stiff and doesn't apply the product evenly. I started using my own brush, but I still find that it takes me so long to apply this to my satisfaction. Taking more time to apply it and having to re-apply it during the day makes it a no for me.

on 12/14/2014 8:08:00 PM

Inexpensive and very good colors for natural looking brunette brows. No red or yellow undertones at all. Took off one lippie because it's not terribly long lasting (on, that is. The compact lasts forever). I'm now using their brow pen and may never go back, but for a powder product this is so worth it.

I normally have a love-hate relationship with my eyebrows because I never seem to get them to look the way I want - thick, but not super thick with an arch. I was rummaging through my makeup collection a few minutes ago and found the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder. All I can say is that it's amazing. The product, which comes with two shades and a wax, is absolutely fantastic because you can create your own desired consistency and decide whether you want your brows to look super natural or totally out there. I bought the shade Taupe/Ash and I find that it looks especially nice if you've got dark brown hair, as it matches one's natural hair colour perfectly and makes the brows look completely natural when filled in! I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future.

on 8/30/2014 4:08:00 PM

I wanted a product to fill out and define my blondie brows, and this works pretty well. The brushes are nice, and it lasts all day. The wax stuff is nice when patches of your eyebrows are too sparse; the powder will stick to it better. I don't use the wax all over my brows because they end up looking wet. The reason why I'm not giving this a 5/5 (and why it's not a HG) is because I never use the color on the left. I wish the whole compact was just the powder on the right, because it's a better shade on me. Who needs two different colors?

on 8/27/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this cake powder is now a holy grail. at 4$, you cant beat it. the colors are awesome and its fool proof. it last all day even on my oily skin and the look is so soft and natural on my brows.

on 8/19/2014 5:47:00 AM

IN LOVE! Holy grail for my eyebrows! The shade is perfect and they are so incredibly pigmented. I love how it stays put all day - up to 12 hours somedays! For the price you can't go wrong. I am in love with this product and would most certainly purchase again! :D

on 8/11/2014 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like this, and am surprised that the powder lasts as long as it does. It's very pigmented, a little goes a long way, and with a decent brow brush and that baby spoolie included (I like it- the tininess is convenient, for me, and the bristles are firm. I'm not hating on the cheap spooolie) you can shape your brows with no problems.
What I don't like about this, is the color. Don't get me wrong, the tone is perfect. I'm happy it's not reddish brown like a lot of brow products are. But it's SO DARK. I have ombre hair, so It's hard for me to find a color that matches my root (which is an ash brown,) but doesn't look too harsh next to the blonde all around my face.
This, to me, is too much for blonde, light brown or ombre hair. Maybe when I go dark in the fall, I'll come back to this, but for now, it's giving me Charlie Chaplin brows.

on 7/25/2014 4:50:00 AM

The product is nice, but the packaging is awful.
I love the wax, but it runs out too early so I don't have any reason to wear this product anymore.

on 6/30/2014 12:48:00 PM

Holy grail eyebrow filler <3 I use this with the Sonia Kashuk eyebrow brush and my brows stay defined, thick and tame all day! I am considering tossing all my other eyebrow fillers and just using this. Btw I have dark brown/black hair and taupe is the best shade for me!

Popular Brows Products