Simple Hydrating Moisturizing Lotion

3.5

Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Mica, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Serine, Sorbitol, Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin

on 5/6/2013 9:40:00 AM

Not great-goes on very thick os feels very hydrating at first then once absorbs just completley dries up and leaves your skin feeling very tight and uncomfortable

on 3/21/2013 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a good moisturizer. Although it has mineral oil, it does not break me out. This light moisturizer isn't too heavy on my oily skin. There are some downsides though.. It has sparkles! I guess that's fine if you don't have oily skin, but if you do, it just makes your skin shiny... Also, I don't really like the packaging. Sort of hard to get the last bit of product out. Overall this is an okay product. I might repurchase since it's pretty cheap, but if you haven't tried it, you should give it a shot!

on 1/26/2013 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think this product smells horrible and it broke my arms out in a bumpy rash. I will never use it again. I put it on my arms and suddenly 15 minutes later I look down at my arms and they are covered in some type of skin rash. This only happened to the part that I applied the lotion to. I do not recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'll try to explain my ratings in sections.
OVERALL RATING:
I gave two lippies because I do believe that this moisturized my skin effectively, and that the product is what it says it is- a light, hydrating moisturizer. However, upon using this for the first two weeks, I noticed that every day I would wake up with new blemishes and after a while it just became too unbearable to stick with... This moisturizer now lives in my bathroom drawer with all of my other defective moisturizers, where it will stay until I am out of hand lotion in the winter. Plus, the company implies that their products are natural and simple and if you look at the ingredient lists of their products, they *simply* are not.

PRICE:
I thought this was rather expensive for a drugstore moisturizer and was hesitant to even buy it at all in the first place, simply because of the price... I spend ten minutes kneeled down in the skincare aisle of Target, reading the ingredients and unsure of whether or not to entrust this moisturizer with the task of beautifying my skin. Apparently I did not make a very good decision!

PACKAGING:
I thought the packaging was just fine for a moisturizer, though it was a bit difficult for me to open (I don't know if anybody else had this problem). I'm not too picky about packaging unless the moisturizer happens to come in a jar, which this one does not.

on 4/23/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using the Simple Hydrating face lotion for maybe 5 months now. I have dry, sensitive, combo skin. It absorbs easily and is non-greasy. Feels nice and refreshing and relieves any dry skin patches. It has not made me break out or clog my pores. Its says right on it that it's "hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and won't clog pores" so not sure why everyone out there says they are breakout out by it?!. This lotion isn't heavy or very thick, but it moisturizes perfectly. It has "simple" ingredients, not "natural" ones. So don't be confused. Also there are no perfumes or dyes. Great for sensitive skin. I just wish it was more "natural" ingredients.

on 4/17/2012 11:08:00 AM

I bought this a few weeks ago. It's alright, I find that it doesnt absorb well on my skin. If I'm not putting on any makeup, I dont put this on b/c I find within an hour or two of washing my face, my face is an oil slick. If I AM putting on makeup (my makeup tends to matte-ify my face) I'll put a SMALL dab of this on my face. Not too terribly impressed with it :/

on 1/21/2012 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

after switching to the hydrating version from the richer regenerating version for the summer, i was very dissapointed. it cannot be absorbedvery well and the biggest problem of this product is ,, WHY ON EARTH DOES IT CONTAIN GLITTEr, well the ingredient does say mica so im guess that s what it is ,, but as a product for sensitive skin, doesnt the glitter contradict the claim. im guessing it s the glitter that s giving me break outs and enlarged my pores :(

on 7/25/2011 8:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

gosh this is the only thing i can use every thing else gives me spots or a rash. im useing this now to fix the damage that the clinique 3 step did to my skin (please read my review if your thinking about buying that) long story short it made my some what oily skin every dry and scaly. this lovely thick cream and really helps hydrat my skin it feels much better and i can't belive how such a cheap product can be sooo much better then high end brands!! i think every body should try this skin care line i give it a 10/10 i love this stuff :) x

I like this product for the fact that I can put it on dry patches on my oily skin and it doesn't make me look oily/greasy or make me break out from being to heavy. I like that it's great for sensitive skin too and it's well worth the money.

on 11/8/2009 6:57:00 PM

This is sitting on my table right now and I thought I'd review it, but I really shouldn't because I've got homework to do...
----
I absolutely love this. A friend recommended this product to me (well, most Simple moisturisers) because it'd be best for my aggravated, sensitive face - especially because my skin barrier had broken. I've been using it for two months now.
--------
I do my cleansing routine, then while my face is still damp I apply it. It is a light lotion, doesn't smell like anything, and spreads VERY easily and effortlessly into your face wet or dry!

I only use it at night time and notice most nights when I wake-up and touch my face I think 'what the heck? My face is so soft!!' and I don't feel like washing the softness away in the morning! (Well, I only splash my face in the mornings anyway but still!)
Unfortunately, I do not like the packaging.. just seems like to me there'll still be a lot lurking at the bottom.
---------
I really recommend this if you're looking for a light non-greasy moisturiser for sensitive skin. :)

Top Rated Simple Products