November 27, 2014 | 1623 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Simple - Hydrating Moisturizing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I'll try to explain my ratings in sections.
OVERALL RATING:
I gave two lippies because I do believe that this moisturized my skin effectively, and that the product is what it says it is- a light, hydrating moisturizer. However, upon using this for the first two weeks, I noticed that every day I would wake up with new blemishes and after a while it just became too unbearable to stick with... This moisturizer now lives in my bathroom drawer with all of my other defective moisturizers, where it will stay until I am out of hand lotion in the winter. Plus, the company implies that their products are natural and simple and if you look at the ingredient lists of their products, they *simply* are not.

PRICE:
I thought this was rather expensive for a drugstore moisturizer and was hesitant to even buy it at all in the first place, simply because of the price... I spend ten minutes kneeled down in the skincare aisle of Target, reading the ingredients and unsure of whether or not to entrust this moisturizer with the task of beautifying my skin. Apparently I did not make a very good decision!

PACKAGING:
I thought the packaging was just fine for a moisturizer, though it was a bit difficult for me to open (I don't know if anybody else had this problem). I'm not too picky about packaging unless the moisturizer happens to come in a jar, which this one does not.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Jenny297

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Simple Hydrating face lotion for maybe 5 months now. I have dry, sensitive, combo skin. It absorbs easily and is non-greasy. Feels nice and refreshing and relieves any dry skin patches. It has not made me break out or clog my pores. Its says right on it that it's "hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and won't clog pores" so not sure why everyone out there says they are breakout out by it?!. This lotion isn't heavy or very thick, but it moisturizes perfectly. It has "simple" ingredients, not "natural" ones. So don't be confused. Also there are no perfumes or dyes. Great for sensitive skin. I just wish it was more "natural" ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by haleyanna19

I bought this a few weeks ago. It's alright, I find that it doesnt absorb well on my skin. If I'm not putting on any makeup, I dont put this on b/c I find within an hour or two of washing my face, my face is an oil slick. If I AM putting on makeup (my makeup tends to matte-ify my face) I'll put a SMALL dab of this on my face. Not too terribly impressed with it :/

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by milliecookie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after switching to the hydrating version from the richer regenerating version for the summer, i was very dissapointed. it cannot be absorbedvery well and the biggest problem of this product is ,, WHY ON EARTH DOES IT CONTAIN GLITTEr, well the ingredient does say mica so im guess that s what it is ,, but as a product for sensitive skin, doesnt the glitter contradict the claim. im guessing it s the glitter that s giving me break outs and enlarged my pores :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by jod84

gosh this is the only thing i can use every thing else gives me spots or a rash. im useing this now to fix the damage that the clinique 3 step did to my skin (please read my review if your thinking about buying that) long story short it made my some what oily skin every dry and scaly. this lovely thick cream and really helps hydrat my skin it feels much better and i can't belive how such a cheap product can be sooo much better then high end brands!! i think every body should try this skin care line i give it a 10/10 i love this stuff :) x

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this product for the fact that I can put it on dry patches on my oily skin and it doesn't make me look oily/greasy or make me break out from being to heavy. I like that it's great for sensitive skin too and it's well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Nirosaki

This is sitting on my table right now and I thought I'd review it, but I really shouldn't because I've got homework to do...
----
I absolutely love this. A friend recommended this product to me (well, most Simple moisturisers) because it'd be best for my aggravated, sensitive face - especially because my skin barrier had broken. I've been using it for two months now.
--------
I do my cleansing routine, then while my face is still damp I apply it. It is a light lotion, doesn't smell like anything, and spreads VERY easily and effortlessly into your face wet or dry!

I only use it at night time and notice most nights when I wake-up and touch my face I think 'what the heck? My face is so soft!!' and I don't feel like washing the softness away in the morning! (Well, I only splash my face in the mornings anyway but still!)
Unfortunately, I do not like the packaging.. just seems like to me there'll still be a lot lurking at the bottom.
---------
I really recommend this if you're looking for a light non-greasy moisturiser for sensitive skin. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by dw4518

Update: I used this for a week straight and noticed some clogged pores on my nose and cheeks. No bumps or blemishes yet but I'm going to stop using it. It contains cheap ingredients (including the controversial paraffinum liquidum/mineral oil) and I just don't think it's worth using anymore. Re-rated to 3 lippies.

I find this is good to use with Estee lauder's double wear foundation. This gets slightly oily throughout the day, and Double wear is an extremely dry foundation... so when I use the two together it makes the foundation look less matte.

This has good reviews on acne.org for being a safe moisturiser for people with acne prone skin. So far I've used it on the few occasions I've worn foundation and it's not caused me any problems. I have extremely clog prone skin and after one day of using most moisturisers, I'll have clogged pores all over my cheeks. I can't say for certain this will never cause acne, but at least for infrequent use it is really great. I'll update here once I've used it more often.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by BabyJellyy

leaves my face so shiny it's actually ridiculous, my skin feels moisutirsed but you can touch my skin n slide some of the moisture off basically it's not that light, also the shinyness doesnt help when my tzone is already extremely oily... oh i just hate this moisturiser and another thing i do believe it doesnt have any spf... .. great bottle though last forever

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would ideally give this a 2.5 out of 5 - on the one hand it is gentle but on the other hand I swear something about this product leaves a really shiny film over my face. Not a good look!