April 20, 2014 | 1135 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by swhandamari

My new HG eyeliner!!
- really lasts
- really waterproof
- perfect color. dark brown without the reddish tinge. very natural.
- very easy to apply
- no need to sharpen
- it works on the waterline! very minimum smudging too, almost none.
i'm hooked! will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

This eyeliner is a favorite of mine. Love this color. The color is a nice balance of black/brown, just perfect. It's an everyday wearable color. The only problem I finish mine in three months but its a product I will continue to repurchase. The formula glides and it stays on and it does not smudge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just re-discovered this in my stash and I have to write a review! First off, the color is spot on black/brown. It reminds me of Brun eyeshadow and its slightly reminiscent of my beloved LE Nightfish Fluidline (Nightfish is a little lighter and has a slight grey tone in comparison). It has become my go-to pencil eyeliner! Lasting power is decent, however at the end of the day I do get a very small amount of transfer onto my upper lids (even with primer) since I have oily hooded eyes. For longwear days I definitely stick to Fluidline, but I don't think this would be an issue for those with 'normal' eye situations, lol. Its very easy to apply and the product is nice and smooth, consistency is similar to MUFE Aqua Eyes Pencils, maybe a little softer. I'll admit, it is a pain in the butt since the tip stays flat. But I actually do sharpen it with each use (I just gently sharpen the tip with a steel pencil sharpener) and its totally worth the extra effort! Love this pencill!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by tabledancer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have problems finding good eyeliners because I have oily skin that makes most eyeliners dissolve into nothingness within hours. MAC Technakohl works pretty darn well for me. I apply it in the morning and it is mostly intact by the end of the workday. A slight touch-up and it keeps going through the night. I have medium olive skin, dark brown eyes and dark hair, and I really like this shade on me. It's dark without being too harsh, great for an everyday, fairly natural but defined look. I often get compliments when I wear this with my Lashblast waterproof mascara.

It is a little waxy, so sometimes it builds up a little too much, especially since I have some irregular hairs that lie out of line and make it hard to make a smooth, even line along my lashes. I have to be careful. This is not a good pencil for that super-defined, precise look. For me, it's good for achieving a fairly smudgy, soft, medium-definition line.

I use this every day and I go through it pretty fast -- I'd say about 1 every 2-3 months.

I wish this came with a smudger tip built in!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

What I like about this eyeliner is that since it is between brown and black, it can go with pretty much everything. It will work whether you use black mascara or brown mascara, and look good with almost any eyeshadow look. So if you're wanting to get some MAC eyeliners, but can't afford a brown and a black, go with this one since it's the best of both worlds.
I mainly use this on my waterline, although I sometimes use it on my eyelid too. Since it cannot be sharpened, it is not good for a achieving a very thin line on the eyelid, but if you're careful you can still get a nice line that isn't crazy thick. The staying power on the waterline is fairly good, although I do have to touch up once throughout the day. It is a good colour for the waterline, since there is no red in this. I bought a brown kohl liner once that had a reddish undertone and it looked awful on the waterline, kinda like I was tired or had been crying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kdbug03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG liner for me! Perfect blend of a blackish brown liner. Blends/smudges well, soft and also works great on the water line. I use this one almost daily! Love the twist up design too

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super fantastic product! I love it, so afraid of losing/breaking it that i've already bought a backup (FYI there's still plenty of product in the 1st that i bought)
Soft like brown liners but Sultry just like black liners!!!!
I also like graphblack and uniform

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by nephine

I really love this colour. This liner hits the middle ground perfectly with its "just-dark-enough" pigments for a defined eye, but keeps things softer than black with a smokey brown finish.
Goes on waxy. Easy to layer if a little hard to blend when first applied. It is marketed as non-smudging, so fudging the line is best done quickly before it settles. It looks great when smudged-out with a cotton bud.
The richness in colour only slightly fades after a day of wear. After a hard sweaty workout at the gym, a little lower-lash transfer does occur, but in all, this is truly the holy grail of eyeliners. The ratings on this board certainly do not lie for this liner!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeas2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my staple! I love the intensity of the color which is a deep brown, almost a soft black. Unlike the Powerpoint pencil which is supposedly waterproof, this pencil doesn't budge or smudge. My search for the perfect eye pencil ends here!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

I have bought at least 5 of these liners! For the size and the fact that they don't sharpen, they really do last a long time. That amount probably lasted me a good two years, and I use this particular liner almost daily.
I find the colour is more wearable for daytime, as it is just slightly softer than black. I feel much more comfortable smudging it along my lower lash line than black.
It is not that it shows up any less than black, as this colour is actually very close to black. It is just slightly softer. A lot of people don't agree that this is a black with brown undertone but I think that is actually a pretty good description.
I have very dark brown eyes and I find myself reaching for this all the time to line them for neutral looks. It just works with every look. I would use it over black for pretty much anything, other than any type of waterline lining or red/bold lips (which I admittedly rarely do).
GraphBlack is also excellent, but I use this colour much more.