April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Loose Powders - Bella Pierre - mineral powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by 2lygit

This stuff is genuinely amazing, HG product for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin that breaks out when I use liquid foundation, but because of break outs I can't stop wearing it! Vicious cycle. catch 22 nonsense. ANyway, my sister uses this bella pierre stuff and she told me that since using it she hasn't had any breakouts, so today I was like ok I'll try it. Ok, THIS STUFF IS THE BOMB. I applied it with a mini kabuki brush, and it was like erasing my redness. And then when I went in with a concealer brush, not even any special one just a normal concealer brush, it totally covered all my blemishes. NOTHING does that for me. I couldn't actually believe it. Plus the color matched so perfectly it looked like I wasn't wearing anything. On my face, I mean. My sister tells me it's pretty expensive but come on, SERIOUSLY I have spent more on foundations that didn't work so I think it's fully worth it.
EDIT I don't know if this will help anyone but worked so well for me: it's that time of the month and I broke out with a couple cystic fellers, nothing major but it just needed extra coverage and so I mixed LUSH's Grease Lightening with the Bella Pierre and applied it with a small foundation brush. It definitely helped clear up my blemishes, it's day 2 since I've been doing this and my blemishes are fast disappearing. The only issue with it is it slightly darkened the foundation color, not to bad though. It was difficult to work with the mixture as well, I had to just paint it on my face before it dried lol. HOWEVER, the coverage (after extra concealing with a concealer brush as before) was increased, it helped get rid of the blemishes, and when I had worn the foundation for longer than 20 minutes it looked really nice and natural. MAYbe not the best for those with dry skin, or skin that needs extra coverage, but for me it was perfecto!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by courtneyk01

My coworker recently introduced me to this product and I am extremely happy she did. I love this mineral foundation. I use it on its own if I just want some light coverage or I put it over a liquid foundation if I feel I need extra coverage.

I find even on its own, it is buildable to give great coverage giving you flawless looking skin without a makeupy/cakey/powdery look. I think the packaging has recently changed which is great because it has a swivel thing on top to close so the powder doesnt get through the little holes and get everywhere.

I get this in Australia for $30 on deal websites including brandsexclusive.com.au, ozsale.com.au and buyinvite.com.au. I think it actually retails for around $80-$90 here. I am actually going to stock up because it is currently on sale now so that is a definite yes for repurchase and I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Nazimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using the bellapierre loose powder mineral foundation for about an year now. I have a caramel skintone and it can be very difficult to get a decent match for it. In fact the sales assistant had to try two different shades before settling on the perfect shade which for me, was brownsugar. Because it looks so light and natural people dont even know i am wearing makeup and they often compliment me on how nice my "skin" looks. I also love the fact that it can be used as a concealer when you use it with the bellapierre concealer brush. This means I dont have to spend extra money on a concealer AND theres one less product in my makeup bag! :) My only issue with it is the price, but it works so well i have no choice but to keep on buying! LOVE IT! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by misclili

i bought the bellapierre loose mineral foundation in Cinnamon online, which suited my asian fair-medium skin tone really well. (unfortunately didn't manage to do a colour match as there wasn't a bellapierre outlet/booth near where i live.)
This foundation does wonders. I have combination skin and I've only used translucent loose powder in the past. This felt very light on the skin (maybe it's psychological!) and looked really natural on my skin. I would say it gives a reasonably good coverage, and it doubles as a concealer as well esp for the lighter blemishes. I apply it using a brush and i'm pleased with the result! Haven't left it on for a whole day, so can't comment on how well it lasts. I'm not sure if it's a new packaging they've introduced, but my container had a turning thing to cover the wee holes when it's not in use - prevents wastage and less messy!
amazing product, pricey but i think i'll be using it for quite a while! love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product! i'm always looking for minerals that give your face a 'luminious glow' and this one did just that. I started off with the starter kit --which contains 2 mineral foundations, 1 blush, 1 bronzer, and 3 brushes (foundation, concealer, and blush brush) then i tried the all over eyes and face kit --which contains 1 mineral foundation, 1 blush, 2 shimmer powders, 1 make up base, 1 eye shadow brush and 1 powder brush. The only thing i don't like about this product is the blush. It is way to dark for my skin but other than that, im totally satisfied!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the BellaPierre shimmer pigments, and I've been wanting to try their foundation for a while, but it's very expensive.

However, I've started to see their kits in Winners running from $15-30.

I purchased the All Over Eye and Face Kit in Fair. This kit comes with Ivory Foundation (9g), Desert Rose Blush (9g), a makeup base, two shimmer pigments, a foundation brush and an eyeshadow brush.

I love this foundation. It matches my skin perfectly and gives great coverage. I find to get it on nicely I stiple first, then buff it in.

The only downside is the crappy packaging. It can be a bit messy (and wasteful if you've got powder in the lid that falls out).

Still, well worth it for $30. I would pay more for this now that I know it's good, but not their online prices. The mall kiosks are usually a bit better.

UPDATE:
I find that through the day this tends to come off in patches on my skin. It also sinks into my pores and emphasizes them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Jymma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many minerals foundations before and liked most of them. I have oily skin so, am very partial to powder foundations.
I never realized before all of the added ingredients that companies throw in there products to make it cheaper for them. These added ingredients are what cause most people to have some sort of reaction, whether it be just redness, dryness or breakouts etc.
I love the fact that BP is all natural and hypo-allergenic. It is perfect for any skin type. I fell in love with the pigments first, which are absolutely amazing- Ive never seen anything like them. Then I tried the foundation, I will never use anything else now. I even got my sister to try it, who has extremely dry, sensitive skin (with eczema) and it has improved the look and feel of her skin as well!
I feel like this is a revolution in the world of cosmetics :)

On a side note- I also love the "makeup base" which is basically an eyeshadow primer but can also be used as a concealer. I use it as an under eye concealer, it also makes your makeup water proof. so if my eyes water (which they do a lot) my makeup wont run! If you like a full coverage for foundation, it would save a lot of foundation to use this as a concealer first, then use your powder :) I have done this before and I guess because of the natural ingredients it doesnt cause you to breakout either. LOVE this stuff!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the first mineral makeup foundation I've tried. I got the Get Started Kit (Medium) which includes 2 small size (4g) foundation (Ivory, Cinnamon), 1 small size blush (Suede), 1 small size bronzer (Starshine) and 3 brushes (mix of goat and sable hair, concealer brush, blush brush & foundation brush) for AUD$60.

Foundation,
Colour Match: My light Asian skin tone is between Ivory (straight application looks like a geisha mask on me) & Cinnamon (straight applicaiton makes me look really yellow), so I mix them in a swirl bowl to get the correct shade.
Texture: The powder is fine and the ingredient is simple! However, I found this quite dry on my skin (my skin is normal to dry), some toner spray after helps to set the powder and the dryness.
Coverage: It's buildible and can be used as concealer (I use Ivory straight for my hyperpigmentation spots on my cheek, a little frekle is cute but when it's a whole cluster...). Matt finish.

Blush & Bronzer,
The blush & bronzer medium colour kit included is too dark for my skintone, they're not something I could wear everyday and somehow makes my skin looks yellow (especially the bronzer).

Brushes,
The brushes hair is soft and full! Doesn't irritate delicate skin around face/neck. The hair fall out a little initially but settle within days.

I think this is a reasonable product (very simple ingredient, unless you have super sensitive skin that reacts to mica), but I probably won't purchase it again as I prefer a more dewy foundation finish and Bella Pierre only have 1 formulation of foundation at this stage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by cratsky

I was looking for a light/medium coverage liquid foundation and decided to give this brand a go. The consultant took less than 5 minutes to prime my face and apply the foundation. It is an instant glow, medium coverage and feels very breathable and light on my face. I am asian with combination skin and my skin felt like it wasn't wearing any make up at all.

Luckily, I have good skin to begin with and this mineral powder served to remove my need for a light concealer for undereyes and redness around the nose.

It is quite pricey, but when you consider how much time it saves you overall, on top of removing the cost of a concealer and setting powder I feel it's justified.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by modgirlrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation and will keep buying it for as long as they keep making it :)

Pros
- Good coverage (I don't have any pimples so I'm not sure if it would work for covering them, but it covers my freckles without concealer which I love)
- The lady I bought it from matched it to my skin perfectly (I'm very fair and usually I'm given something too dark)
- I've been using it for about 3 months now and it hasn't made me break out or given me a rash, and I have VERY sensitive skin.
- Easily washes off with a makeup wipe.
- Only contains 4 ingredients (mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxides)

Cons
- A little expensive, but when you realize how little product you use, and that it expires after 36 months, it does seem worth it.
- The packaging is really crappy, I'm sure if you're not careful you could loose a lot of product. I have been putting a folded up tissue inside the lid to stop the powder escaping but it is annoying to have to do so.