October 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Blackground

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I got a bad one of these after reading the other reviews.

I'm a huge fan of the Painterly Paint Pot and thought this one would be nice to use instead under a dark eye. I straightaway noticed that it is quite dry and doesn't blend very well.

The base could be blacker and unlike Painterly, I found it wasn't as good at keeping creasing at bay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first paint pot I've tried from Mac, and I am really impressed. First of all, the texture: creamy, with only a short period of time to work the product on your eyelid, and definitely best to use a brush (I use the Bobbi Brown cream shadow brush). As for the color: yes, it's black, but there's a nice subtle bit of sparkle, and it's only as black as you want it to be. For example, I have a conservative job. So I used a light hand, put on one rather sheer layer so it came out as gray, and then put MAC pigment Aurora (from the new Daphne Guinness collection) on top and it was really beautiful and totally day time appropriate. But I also used the same color for going out on NYE, with black sparkly shadow on top, and used a thicker layer of the paint pot product, and had a great super dark eye. So don't be put off by a BLACK paint pot! It's still versatile! I love glass jars for my beauty products, so I appreciate that this is how the paint pots are sold. I would buy this color again, and have actually ordered two more paint pots after discovering how awesome they are.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by yotabunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

nice for a smoky eye and so great to make my light colors and pastels pop!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this. I have been wearing it nearly everyday since I got it. I love trying new color combos. I put it on my lid up to crease and layer shadow or pigments on top for different looks. It brings out the color in a lot of shadows/pigments. I wore it the other day with Vex on lid and Dark Soul blended up into crease with Knight Divine (nice smokey eye). Green Brown pigment, Blue Brown pigment, Old Gold, Club etc. like I said I love trying new looks and this Paint Pot is very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this as a liner! It looks more natural than plain black, more cold toned than brown, more interesting than gray and less intimidating than colorful liners. I set it with Rum Spice from Clinique and it looks like a deep taupe with gold, bronze and silver shimmer. I find it amazing as a liner and I also used Quite Natural PP in the same way. I'm giving this a 4, because the price is rather high for a middle-range product. However, I think it's a great product and I will repurchase!

Update 07-12-11: I've grown to love this PP more and more! I now use it everyday with Quite Natural and Bare Study. It's absolutely effortless in the morning, and it takes me around 30 min to get my makeup done, compared to the 50 min it took me before! Blending shadows was never my strong point, but now I don't have to worry about it anymore because a few dabs of Quite Natural, a highlighter in the inner corners and this used as smudged liner is all I need! :) I'm so happy that I succombed to the beautiful color of this cream shadow! Giving it the full 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kylieiskiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like all paint pots... it goes on smooth, doesn't crease and is an excellent eye shadow base. The thing I really ;like about this particular paint pot is that you can build up the color depending on the look you want, put on one layer and get something nice for a "daytime smokey look, put on a layer or two more and this is an excellent all over black look

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Such a great base if you want a darker look. I love putting purple over this (Parfait Amour) and blend it up and out. So pretty. It stays all day long. Gotta work quick though because it does dry fast, which is a good thing really. I just use my finger to apply and blend out. Thinking I should try a brush though just to get that nice diffused line. This isn't so black that it looks super gothic, but it's a sheer-ish black, if that makes sense. I love paint pots and will always have them because they just keep your makeup in place all day long. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by NadiaLoudness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Awesome for a smoky eye obviously. But I love to put all kinds of colors over it gives it a crazy cool effect. My favorite is goldmine! But only really fitting for girls who like to be daring with their makeup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Although I bought this to be a smokey eye base, I somewhat regret it. If you have Blacktrack fluidline, you really dont need this. Its the only PP I dont touch as much bc I dont like the idea of it having a strong blue base to it. Its not straight black, but has a undertone of blue. Dont get me wrong, this is nice for a smokey eye, but Id rather use my blacktrack. This is also on the drier side and working fast with it is a must! There are other cheap alternatives out there for this, reason why I dont see it as a must have PP from MAC. Ive had mine for maybe a year, barely touched it, and its already dried. Ehhh, waste of money but Im trying to use it up so I dont feel bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great base for a smoky eye, or even on it's own for a smoky eye. Lasts for ages, and is very pigmented! If you want to blend this though, work fast as it sets pretty quick.