MAC Lipglass in Lychee Luxe

4.1

on 3/20/2012 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this shade on me. I have cool toned pigmented lips so this coral gloss pulls more pink then orange on me. Lychee Luxe is very pigmented and I got bright true to color coral with one coat. There are tiny sparkles in this gloss as well. I am a big fan of the color on me. Coral anything really compliments my skintone.

on 2/18/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Lychee Luxe has a beautiful colour which was the reason why I got it in the first place. A nice coral-pink (leans more towards the coral side) that does not scream "orange" on my naturally pigmented lips (a natural mid-rose tone with a little mauve. FYI, my skintone is close to that of Zhang Ziyi).

If lightly applied, the staying power is around an hour to an hour and a half. If I apply a layer or two, its longevity would be stretched to around three on me.

This does make my lips peel a little, so be careful if you have slightly dry (not chapped though) lips like me.

I will not repurchase simply because of the effort needed to maintain it throughout the day, though LL is a flattering colour for fair Asians like me.

on 1/29/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Since I'm always on the hunt for the "universally flattering shade" of lip gloss/stick, I bought this online after reading the many fabulous reviews. While I do like the formula (hence the two lippies), this color is atrocious and completely unflattering on me.

I have tan/olive skin (think Beyonce), and Lychee Luxe tends to pull very orange and coral-y on me. That might be tolerable if applied lightly and topped with another gloss, but this contains so much glitter that it looks like I kissed a craft table. Personally, I don't understand the need for so much glitter in every day makeup. While glitter can be cute and whimsical when you're younger, after a certain age you just look a bit loony walking around with a glittering face and lips.

I would not repurchase this again simply because the shade isn't right for me. Great formula, great vanilla smell but awful, awful color.

on 10/31/2011 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this because of all the hype from Instyle. However, I find it to be too orange for fair skin tones. It's also insanely shiny and glittery (like all MAC glosses), which can look a bit tacky and juvenile.

on 3/2/2011 2:29:00 PM

Just AMAZING!
Perfect peachy colour. Its not tooo orange not too pink
Its just the perfect blend. My fav coral lipgloss. just go buy it its awesome!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Lychee Luxe is my all-time favorite MAC lip gloss. I keep coming back for more! I gravitate towards peachy corals and this one has awesome color pay-off. You will not be disappointed. :)

on 12/3/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow, I have a whole makeup set and kit from MAC, my number one favorite makeup brand...... This brand is the best. Models, actresses, singers, and celebrities use this. It's worth the price. I have pretty much every product from the MAC company. The makeup from MAC lasts for 8+ hours. I luv the pink MAC lipgloss or lipglass the best. It has this high quality shine. I love the slimshine lipsticks too. They have every single color you can imagine, and this is one of the reason why this MAC is the best. MAC stands for (make-up art cosmetics) made from Canada. Other brands are good too, but will never ever beat MAC. Most ofthe makeup products I have home are from MAC. Their diversity of makeup keeps them going. The pink tones match up perfectly with my skin tone. Plus they even have a disney collection. They have so much stuff, that it's so cool.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

As a girl who originally hated lip gloss, I absolutely adore the peachy-pink-coral color and formulation. I love how it just brightens up my whole face and doesn't look garish whatsover. Looks great with any eye and blush look and its VERY longlasting on the lips. The stickiness can be annoying on a windy day, but its a small thing I'm annoyed about. All lip glosses are like that.

on 11/7/2010 12:08:00 PM

This is the perfect summer coral color.
GORGEOUS! love the gold sparkles on it.
it is really sticky, but it last a long time.
Vanilla scent <3
$14 dlls sounds like a lot for one lipgloss, but this MAC products last so long, so it's really worth it.
Definetly repurchasing.

on 10/11/2010 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Lychee Luxe is practically my favourite MAC lipgloss. It's suprisingly versatile for a coral shade, and it's perfect at spicing up my various lipsticks (be it darker colours or lighter colours) because it gives my lips a natural looking, rosy pop of colour. I'm pretty dark skinned (think NC42), but this lipglass is definitely suitable for different skintones ranging from fair to tanned as it is rather in line with our natural lip colour. Quality wise, it is much like other MAC lipglasses - glossy, pigmented yet not too overbearing. MAC lipglasses in my opinion are rather worth the money (they're not all that expensive), so if you're planning on picking up some I'd definitely recommend giving Lychee Luxe a go!

Recommended for Medium Skin