October 21, 2014 | 2074 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Definity Eye Illuminator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: it's a gel form and when you press the pump to get the product out, you have two "ribbons" of product merge and come out as one. Packaging is great b/c it's air tight.
CONS: after using this, I actually got dark spots around my eyes and they're still there. It didn't reduce hyper pigmentation, only added more it seems. I got it on sale at $19.99 CDN b4 taxes but regular price is much higher, close to $30 CDN b4 taxes for only 15ml of product. It also stung my skin when I applied it for the very first time, but this did not happen during my second application.

I won't be buying this product again as it didn't improve the quality of my skin and it's very expensive for a very little product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this Eye Illuminator very much because it's the first product I've ever used that doesn't make my liner and mascara smear over the course of the day. I use less than half a pea sized amount for both eyes, on the eyelid, around and under my eyes. I pat it on and spread it out and let it dry. I wear a little of my foundation over it and it works beautifully all day to make the skin around my eyes appear more smooth and more even colored. It irritated my eyes the first time I used it, but they seem to have gotten used to it or I stopped getting it in my eyes, I don't know which, but either way, it doesn't bother me at all. I took a few lippies off for the price, because I think it should cost half of what it does, and I took off for the packaging, which is cool but without a doubt adds to the price. I will, however, be repurchasing repeatedly. I like this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used Olay Definity Eye Illuminator for several years. I used this product in the morning and a more emollient eyecream at night. I was quite impressed with this product as it did seem to help with undereye puffiness and dark circles. Also, the "illuminating" portion of this product did seem to add a brightness to my eye area. I liked the pump tube, instead of jar packaging.
My only complaint is that I have noticed that this product is beginning to "pill" under eye makeup. I have gone through four or five of these, and I only began to notice it with my last tube. I still have two or three of these left, and I will begin to look for a new product to use after I finish the ones that I have left.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product has firmed the skin around my eye. I don't have wrinkles yet so I can't say if it diminishes the look of lines. I don't see that it changes the color of my dark circles. They are still there. I do like the way my skin feels under my eye when I use this. It definitely feels more firm. The pump is great for application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for a month or so now, day and night. I haven't noticed a significant overall difference in fading of my lines and dark circles, but the under eye area does look better upon application, for the reason the reviewer below me mentions - the illuminating aspects of it.

I use less concealer, and my under eye are does feel more moisturized than without this product, although I have dry skin and this is not what I would call a "rich" cream and I would probably like something more moisturizing overall.

I will use up the rest of my container and then look for something else, this is not worth $24. It is not a bad product, but it is not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by sunnygator007

First off, I don't really have many eye issues. No fine lines or dark circles... just some mild puffiness some mornings. I recently started using eye creams and treatments for preventative measures. With that being said, I am having a hard time telling whether or not this really made a difference.

I do love the packaging and the pretty "swirl" of the serum... very light/no fragrance and it didn't irritate my eyes or make my skin breakout. Long-term effects are untold.

I will probably not repurchase simply because I am eager to try some other eye products.

UPDATE: This would randomly start stinging my eyes... def will not be repurchasing...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by dsh86

I didn't see any difference, if anything it irritated my skin. I used this for a few weeks to no avail and just ended up throwing it away. Would definitely not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst thing I've ever tried from Oil of Olay! I haven't noticed any disappearance of under eye circle and I've been using it for 3 months now. It also flakes immediately If I try to apply concealer, eyeshadow..etc in the same area. I'm now using the Oil of Olay Wrinkle filler for the eye and I just can't believe the changes my under eye has undergone. No more dark circles and super smooth and soft now in about 2 months!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Moisturizing? Well, yes, it just doesn't have that creamy feel once on the skin that some products do, but absorbs into the skin. Illuminating? Sure, with fine sparkly mica, and i think it looks nice when applied appropriately. I gather that some women are slathering this on like icing on a cake, and this is clearly giving bad results. Minimizing fine lines? I can't be sure, my lines are *fine*, after all. Using this sheer product i need no concealer. And it lightens my darkening eye lid. I have no trouble putting eye makeup on over it. I've repurchased because i am satisfied... and i didn't expect any miracles.
I confess, on days when the skin around my eyes is particularly dry, i do use a creamier product, such as 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream or LUSH Enchanted Eye Cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Karlynn

At 51 I'm suddenly dealing with dark under-eye circles and lining. It's really frustrating. I have tried so many. I'm tired of putting on my concealer and seeing lines 5 minutes later and dark cireles showing through. I have tried many eye creams in the last 6 months from drug store to expensive department store brands at $85 per jar. This is the best product I've found to date. It's not perfect, but it has decreased the lining and has diminished the dark circles. I find I still need to use a bit of moisturizer on top of it, but I don't care about that. It's working for what I need it to work for. Plus, I got mine at Costco , <$20 for 2 bottles. I use a sample size of Creme de La Mer as the moisturizer over it.