October 24, 2014 | 884 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by randd1

Just read the devastating news that this is being discontinued! Why?!! This is one of the few "heavy" perfumes that I have had a sucessful relationship with. I read somewhere that it had an underlying smell of eucalyptus, in all honesty I jsut loved this perfume more when I found this out. It really does and it works so well. This perfume has staying power, so use sparingly! It's amazing for a night time event, I like that I can smell it on myself even a few hours after wearing (I know you're not meant to if the perfume is right for you). It's memorable and totally unique.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Totally in love. Classic perfume with classic notes like rose, patchouli, amber, vanilla, bergamot, mandarin orange. This is what a sexy vampire would wear. Evenings are getting darker, climate is getting cooler, sexy heels, blood red lips and Midnight Poison. Walk to a mystic, sacred forest at midnight when the moon is full - it must smell like this perfume.
    A real perfume that grows and changes. And great longevity.
    I think this 30 ml EDP is discontinued, but 50 ml and 100 ml are still on the international websites.
    For classy ladies who like classic orientals.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by nahyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

this is THE femme fatale/ dominatrix fragrance. this is all dark, mysterious,brooding,passionate,bold,sensual,sexual kind of woman. this should ONLY be worn at night imo. in cold/cool weather. when i smell this i think of icy blondes..or super dark haired beauties. this is what a female vampire would wear, unless shes a girly,snobbish, delicate vamp.. this is elegant goth in a bottle. i wish the bottle had more of an obvious blue hue to it..you have to twirl it around some and put it near a light to see that wonderful deep blue with slight deep teal tinge( i think thats the color of the perfume). this is what saturn/plutonian personalities would wear. Mp smells cold to me. similar to the coolness you get from vicks vapo rub (others mentioned it smells like vicks but i dont get that). i also detect a dark red damp rose..the cool spice of patchouli, and a dash of mandarin orange. its a hauntingly beautiful scent. and I'm really pissed this is being discontinued! girly girls will be offended buy this perfume for sure, and i LOVE THAT lol

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Cheekychee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

Perfumery is an art and a vivid expression of the spiritual. As I enter middle age, the 'stories' perfume have to tell are increasingly more important to me.

I wear Midnight Poison best on a sunny summer day. The heat releases the patchouli and forces open the heart of the rose. I discovered this by layering Tocade on top of Bandit many summers ago. When days are hot and smother the brillance of life - strong scents can re-invigorate you or at least your imagination.

When Life seems SO HARD ..God is good and strong when we are weak. These days I am weak and feel frail in face of the trials in my life, but with prayer and perfume, I will do valiantly! Midnight Posion is a valiant scent ~

10 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I got a couple of samples of this and splurged on a 1.7oz tester bottle of the EDP for 47$. It was definitely worth it. I like this very much, it has a similar strong top note to Chanel's Coco (which I don't like), maybe it's just really strong patchouli since that seems to be the only note the two frags share, but I'm not sure, it could be something else not listed. At any rate, I don't particularly care for the first 1/2 hour of this perfume, but I do like most of the dry down and it has incredible staying power. Once the patchouli? finally stops screaming in my face it starts to mix with the floral, I definitely get a nice rose, and some musky amber. It smells wonderful after about an hour or so and continues to smell wonderful for the rest of the day. It stays strong enough to please me, I have perfume eating skin so if by 5pm I am still getting the occasional lovely whiff of myself I'm a happy camper. It's definitely a fall/winter fragrance, too masculine for spring/summer IMO. And I would definitely suggest you try a sample before you buy, I have one up for swap if you're interested!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wonderful chypre! There are not too many great chypres out there but this is one of them. Woodsy and warm with great sillage and staying power. Sucks yar boo to the critics, I love this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Dian90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very heavy but I like it a lot. I only need one very small spritz and then I'm good to go, you can smell it until the next morning. This used to be my everyday scent for winter, but now I mostly use Coco Chanel during the day and this in the weekends when I go out. I own Pure Poison as well, but I like that one far less. I love the packaging of all the Poison bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Hubby gave me a bottle of this for Christmas and I am over the moon! This is SO beautiful. Changed my mind about something, though. It doesn't smell warm. It smells slightly cold. Mysterious and lovely. SO happy with it. Thank you, darling!

I have a sample of Hypnotic Poison, one of Pure Poison, and one of Midnight Poison. I love the HP, but I already have many scents that smell similar. I'm not too keen on PP, it's a bit too soapy. And then there's Midnight Poison. Oh, how lovely! Woody, smokey, mysterious, and yes, a bit masculine. Gorgeous fragrance. I chose it as my Christmas gift. And the bottle is so beautiful. If I could afford it, I would buy ALL the Poison scents. They are magnificent. I would even buy Pure Poison, which is my least favorite. These are wonderful scents which have nothing to envy the forbiddenly-priced niche scents (of which I also have a few).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the scent. It's a different kind of fragrance. I wear it day or night, whenever I want to be noticed.

It's more wereable than Hypnotic Poison and more fresh.

My bottle somehow just cracked, so had to only give 4* package.
    Will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear TM Angel and wear it well. My husband loves it on me and it always elicits compliments and swooning, LOL. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a woody oriental but not quite Angel. Today I while purchasing other items at my local Dior counter I tested Midnight Poison. I couldn't believe it. It's creamy patchouli, amber, vanilla goodness on my skin and the best part... I detect no florals! So, I bit the bullet and shelled out the money for it. It is quite expensive! I can't stop smelling myself. I feel I can wear this day or night, formal or casual. Will I repurchase? If I use up my 100mL and I still love it, yes!