September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Angled Blush & Contour Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by snickersforsnuggles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this little brush. I use it almost every day. The bristles are so incredibly soft. It's a great shape for cheekbones and apples. It is true that the bristles are very dense and can lead to too-much-blush syndrome (aka "clown face"). However, I find if I just press the bristles into pigmented blushes instead of swiping, I get a good amount. I also buff my blush out with a flat top buffer brush. Looks so natural!

I haven't had any shedding at all. The lettering is starting to rub away but the wooden handle is still beautifully shiny. The short handle fits well into my hand and is great for traveling.

This brush retails for $8 and is available on everydayminerals.com. I have trouble not raving about it every time blush brushes come up, so rave I do!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I really love how this brush is so soft, and that it picks up color with no problem. But that is also its problem, if your not careful, you could end up with a clown face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by j4d3l2

the brush is really soft and picks up powder easily. i've washed it once and it doesn't shed. but i think it might be a bit wide/big for me to use for precise contouring.
overall, it's a good brush that's not too expensive, especially for those starting out on makeup =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Another amazingly soft, non-shedding brush from EDM! I can't believe how ridiculously cheap their brushes are, and how incredibly they perform. I use this brush with my sparkly blushes and to highlight my cheeks. I like a lot of blush, but this really helps to give shape to cheeks and not over-do the color. It's really dense, so you only need a little product to get the desired effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i like this blush brush for my little purse instead of a huge blusher brush.
However, since it's so small it doesn't really apply blush in wider areas. It's too small for applying blush on cheeks.
I however am fine with it. I just use a light hand and I can use it just fine. It's super cute.
I like that,
1. It's well made, with rare shedding. and I mean RARE.
2. It's dense, not flimsy at all.
3. It's super soft. NO JOKE.

It's a nice brush. I wont repurchase cuz I know this will last for forever.
If you get this dont give up on it cuz it's small.
You can use it for other things, and you can always master it the way I did and it'll work just fine for blushes.

The quality is worth mastering it. haha

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by makisato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I share similar sentiments as other reviewers on this brush.
Pro:
1. Well made brush with no shedding AT ALL.
2. Bristles are densely packed, its tips are soft without irritating pores.
3. The angled bristles are great as a contour brush to apply bronzer on the temple, under cheek bones and the side of the nose.

Con:
Too small as a blusher brush,hence, does not allow wider area of colour distribution to achieve translucency.

But it's not just bad news after all. Let me share an alternative usage of this brush before you get rid of it.

I apply sunblock (fyi,i use Heliocare), followed by MAC Prep+Prime for Face to achieve a velvety smoooooth base. I let it sit for a few minutes before i used this brush to apply EM's foundation. Working the foundation around higher planes of the face was a breeze. The brush basically glide-on without a hitch. But of course, the trick was MAC's P+P for Face which is silicon based.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE EM's flat top brush...in my opinion it is the best make-up brush I have ever used. So I was expecting great results from this blush brush but was totally disappointed, I can't even use it. It's too small. I blush brush should be bigger and puffier so that it gives more of an airbrushed look. This just picked up way too much blush and deposited it on my face leaving it too dark and streaky. It looked horrible! I went back to my cheap puffy blush brush and while it isn't ideal, it works a lot better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Candiez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I first received this brush. The bristles are really soft and the handle is nice and sturdy. It is a great quality brush, but when I used it to apply my blush, I realized it didn't really blend well.

It picks up a fairly good amount of product but unfortunately it doesn't do the job of blending the blush onto your face.

I love Everyday Mineral Brushes and I am really happy that they recently announced they are going to redesign this Angle blush brush. They said it will be coming out sometime in early to Mid June 2009. I can't wait. :O)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The brush has soft bristles and rather densely packed. It is a bit too stiff imo, or simply not fluffy enough. You basically can't swirl the brush like you can with a powder brush. It picks up the blush from the pan perfectly but when applied to face, I always need to use another face brush to blend the harsh line of blush on my face. I like my Coastal Scents brush far better than this on this apsect. The brush size is a little bit too big for me too though I like its short handle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by nattyred

When I have tried to use this brush to apply blush it hasn't worked well at all. The bristles are too dense so when I try to blend out the blush it just doesn't want to move and swirl like a blush brush should. It applies a very heavy coat of blush, even when I use a very small amount.

I do use this for contouring and it works great for that because of the angle and the denseness.

This brush is also VERY soft just like all of the other EDM brushes. It's just not good at applying actual blush. Should be called a contour brush.