September 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Brows - Bare Escentuals - Eye Brow powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Beachluvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The BE brow color in auburn is the perfect color for my brows. I have strawberry blonde hair with honey blonde highlights (only my hairdresser knows for sure). I have been using the brow powder for over 5 years, and I have started using my SECOND JAR. It is definitely worth the cost! I have used many pencils because of the staying power but there is not a color pencil right for me, and always return to BE brow. If only this product was waterproof I would be shouting it from the rooftops. I have sparse eyebrows with no tail on one and BE brow powder is always needed.
Update - for some reason I decided to try again to find a brow pencil. I purchased and returned 5 pencils! BE auburn is my color and it is so easy, unlike a pencil. A tip for those who don't like using a full pot is to put at least 1/2 in an empty BE pot and I do dip the brush in the color and use the lid to remove the excess. If you have an empty pot with the sifter, even better. Don't forget to "tape" over some of the holes so you don't get out too much. I usually use a return address label; sticks on great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Smallonion

LOVE this. I have been brow obsessed for years, and this is hands down the best brow product I've ever used. It doesn't look like makeup - it just looks like I have great brows. The color is perfect. Not orangy at all. I've tried every brow product, I'm sure. This is the best.

Another reviewer said she didn't want to remove it at night because it looked so great - I laughed because I always feel that way. So, I don't take it off at night. I take off all my makeup except the brows. After all, you are supposed to be able to sleep in mineral makeup. So, if I have to go to the hospital in the middle of the night, at least I'll have good brows ;-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by From_skies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have natural dark blonde hair and kinda brunette brows that are generally not bad but still lack something around both ends. I absolutely adore the colour (Dark blonde), it is IMHO the most important part of any brow product. It matches my natural colour to perfection. I use this wet for better precision and it's amazingly natural and long lasting. I go swimming with it and it has never smudged or disappeared. It makes my brows so pretty that I don't want to clean it in the evening.
The brush is not that bad because it's very hard and stiff but for me it's too large (i.e. unprecise) and expensive. Now I'm a bit sorry that I invested $15 in it.
The package is as dumb as any BE product because if you want to travel with the product, you will end up with it all out of the jar. I really think they should rework all their packagings.
Price is $14-15 which is ridiculous for just a small jar of powder. It is too much even compared to their other products which are all many times the quantity (even eyeshadows and liners are 2x or so the size and they are cheaper... why? Are they made out of better minerals or what kh kh...). It does last a long time but still it shouldn't cost that much and this is so annoying me. You don't pay for the quality, nor for the quantity, nor for the packaging. They charge us that much just because they *can* not because it's reasonable. I'd switch away from it immediately if I find the same colour cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great colour for those without red in our eyebrows! I just wish it was a pressed powder as it would be easier to apply on the go. Lasting power is great too, very natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I purchase this in the shade Dark Blonde from Sephora. Absolutely love this brow powder!
I've got dark brows, a lot of brow powders can have that reddish effect, this never.
Though this is dark, it was never super dark, nor pigmented, to make your brows look ridiculous, it is just the right concentration of colour.
I dont use any brow wax with this, it durable without it anyways.
The tube was a lot smaller then what I thought, but with that being said, the product would last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

In spite of my lighter brown hair I have really dark brows. This is the best brow product and shade for me, totally HG. I use different products occasionally, mainly to save time, like the darkest shade in an eyeshadow palette I'm using that day. But BE's Brunette is the best, I've used it for years. I use a brow product for two reasons. 1. To even out and balance my brows, and 2. To fill in a scar I've had since childhood (really obvious in my left arch - so annoying!). So I need a medium taupe shade to balance but a dark cool brown shade to fill in the (damn) scar. With this product I don't have to use two different products in two different shades; applied lightly, I get a nice sheer shade for general shaping. By applying a touch of e/s base first and picking up more product I get the perfect dark shade to fill in my scar, with absolutely no trace of red. I'm currently using ELF's Studio Small Angled Brush, but also love my Ardell's Duo Brow Brush, which I keep in a personalized palette. Lasts all day, just a wonderful product. And a jar will absolutely last a lifetime, so this purchase is a great investment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sheridingdong

I love this. I have naturally black brows and for some reason I've never been able to come across a good pencil that didn't have friggin RED in it! This is awesome. It's a true brunette color whether you have black hair or just dark brown. It's pretty damn cheap if you ask me, I bought mine about a year ago and i'll probably have to buy one next month. $11 was so worth it for this stuff. It never wears off, and I found that it doesn't really fall all over my face when I apply. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by KellyH3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hg brow powder!! I have naturally white-blonde eyebrows and dirty blonde hair. I started coloring my brows when I was around 13. I've tried everything: powders, gels, dyes, even ridiculously-priced salon tints that wash out within a week or so. Nothing worked. Every blonde shade turned out either way too dark or too red. I was stuck using a matte Mac eyeshadow every day to fill them in.

I was thrilled when I first discovered BE's brow powder. I'm completely obsessed with the entire line and this product is no exception. It looks completely natural when applied. I work in the beauty industry and none of my coworkers knew that I filled in my brows until I told them. The pale/ash blonde shade is perfect for blondes. I've been able to use it with platinum hair and it also works for me now with my dark strawberry blonde hue, it just depends on how heavily you apply.

The powder comes in a very, very small pot. I remember being a little concerned with the small size when I first purchased, but not anymore! The container will last around a year for me, and I apply it every single day. It costs $11 and will be your absolute favorite purchase! Another win for Bare Escentuals :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by klcarbaugh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products of all time. If you don't use brow powder of some sort you really should--it makes a huge difference in the way that your eyes and face stand out. That being said, this one looks very natural. The color is perfect (I mix about 1/6 of the ash blonde with the dark blonde/medium brown in my own pot).

Two pots (and using only 1/6 of the second one) have lasted me for 4 years so far and it's not even close to being gone. In fact, it's not even halfway used up. I don't wear makeup every single day, but you don't need much of this to do the trick.

It does not have sheen/sparkle (thank goodness!).

Love the brow brush for applying it (from bare Escentuals) as well.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it contains Bismuth Oxychloride, but it doesn't seem to irritate me personally. It's just a crappy mining filler/byproduct that a lot of people are sensitive to and I'd rather it be formulated without it. But really, it's so amazing that I can't complain.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a true dark brown powder, theres no red in this as you find with some browns, and the colour works perfectly with my almost black eyebrows. this stuff lasts all day on me, even through summer, despite having skin that can get oily. the only thing i would change about this powder is its packaging. itd be so much easier if it came in a jar with a sifter lid, because you dont need much powder at all to create a nice dense looking brow and dipping my brush into the pot picks up too much product.

edit: well, after using this for over a year, ive realised that something in it (bismuth?) is causing nasty EYEBROW ACNE ;_;
i have switched to a (cheaper) non-comedogenic brow powder by sobeBotanicals on etsy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No