December 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Currant

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by speedymouse

I think I've found my HG lip product! I bought this on a whim after receiving a sample in the discontinued color "creamsicle". I almost shied away from it because the color is darker than I would usually choose, but it's really flattering. I have fair, warm-toned skin and highly pigmented lips, and this gives me the perfect my-lips-but-better look. It's glossy but not shimmery, which I love, and not sticky at all. My favorite aspect - no taste at all! :) It's so moisturizing and has no minty taste or feel, unlike most lip balms and glosses. I'll repurchase this as long as they make it. Also, the tube lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by cherrycherrybangbang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lipgloss on a whim and I am so glad I did! It has fabulous texture and staying power. It makes my lips so shiny but not sticky. I LOVE the color, I usually stay away from purple hues because I am very fair complected but this is has just the right amount of color and compliments my fair skin very well. On top of all that it stays true to it's promise and moisturizing amazingly! I am going to be purchasing more soon so I have backups, I hope they never discontinue this lovely shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Exactly what I was on the search for and I end up finding in w/ a GWP! Perfect cellophane shine, little bit of pigment that looks great on me w/ no or little make-up. Leaves a little bit of stain when it wears off which I love. I will definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I'd rate this a 3.5. Definitely a nice, shiny moisturizing balm. I'd consider this more of a tinted lip treatment. The color is ok too...it's a sheer rosy color that you can see on your lips. Even though the color is pretty but it's just average on me, but it may look a lot prettier on someone else. Not sure if I'd actually buy this again, if I do I'll probably get it in another color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by yankeesweetie35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. Very thick but not sticky, with no weird smell or taste. A nice little hint of color that complements my fair skin. Lasting quality isn't great but not bad either. Took off one lippie mainly for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by veritie17

i normally stay away from berry-colored lip anything but when i tried this on in macy's i was soooo surprised!i always thought berry colors were for ppl w/ really dark hair or dark complexions but loved the color! really brings out my eye color and compliments my eastern europeanish looks (my dad's dad was german, his mom danish, my mom's mom is ukrainian, dad english...its a mess i know)..plus it feels heavenly soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best feeling lip gloss I own! I also love the hint of plummy/ berry color this gives my lips. It has good lasting power and leaves my lips soft and moisturized. I'm always looking for new lip products so I don't think I will repurchase this anytime soon, but this is an excellent product . . .a bit pricey, but great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never purchased a lipgloss I didn't regret. Nor I have ever finished a lipgloss. They all get thrown out less than half used.

I bought this two years ago and I am using it still. I think I will buy another one when I finish.

It is very moisturising, the colour is nice and it works well with my lipstick. This one gets my seal of approval.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i won't go into the formula, texture etc. since i've already written reviews for them in the other color. i can say though, that i love the superbalms.

out of all the squeezy tube lip glosses, i can safely say that i love superbalms and l'oreal color juice the best.

i originally got superbalms in grapefruit and apricot, with apricot being my favorite. i never bothered to try any plum colors because i thought they were more "mature" colors... but i was wrong! as long as its not a brown-plum, and is more of a fuchsia/purple-plum, it looks great on me. i like that there is no discernable taste and it gives a sheer, cellophane shine with a little bit of pigment. amazing. i'm going to go buy two more just so i can stash them in my school bag, dance bag, and a backup in case i lose them. i hope these never get discontinued!

won't go without it again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Third Superbalm -- I love these glosses though I agree with a previous poster, where is the SPF? These should have SPF. I am fair with dark brown eyes and hair, and I love my Superbalms in Ginger (have bought twice already), Black Honey (it's a Sephora exclusive gloss version of the Almost Lipstick) and now Currant. LOVING the Currant right now (just bought it a couple weeks ago). On me it comes out as a very natural pink, almost a flushed color for the lips. Natural but still a nice, noticeable boost of color. And as others have noted, you don't need a balm or anything else when you carry one of these... you've got everything in one little tube in your pocket, because they're so moisturizing, but also glossy and pretty. Oh and they are so so affordable; they now cost significantly less than many drugstore lipsticks, which I find sort of crazy, but hey, I'll take it!

But really, Clinique, please add SPF to these! Then they would be PERFECT!