April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Soladi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, both on its own and as a base. What I love is that you can layer it as well for more pigmentation . You can also use this as a highlighter, just be careful it can easily be to much:) the only thing that I don't like is the packaging even though it is pretty, cause it leaks air so the product will dry out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Lucy_192

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a pretty shimmery base or stand alone eye color. I wear it to work and it really brightens up my eyes in the morning. I just use my finger to sweep a wash of it over my lids, and a little bit in the tear duct. It's also a really nice base for a shimmery gold eye. I have worn it underneath MAC's mineralize e/s in love connection and it looks gorge!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by rosielouiselove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Most beautiful little pot ever!

Its a gorgeous shimmery champagne shade. I love to use this as a base or on it's own for a light wash of colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is my first Mac paint pot and definitely not my last. The formula is creamy and stays all day long. Its champagne finish is pretty under powder eye shadows or by itself. I can see myself repurchasing this when I run out, which will not be for a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by princessconzeulabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after trying the benefit cream shadows and maybelline color tattooes, i realized this is absolutely trash. dry and flaky and blotchy. definitely will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

love hate relationship. love because i get complimented every time i wear it and it does look natural especially for me who cant wear too much makeup to work. however, i hate it texture - unlike painterly which glides on smooth and creamy, bare study is thin and somehow becomes chunky and cakey and makes my skin look really dry esp around the brow bone. the only way that it wont crease on me is when i apply my eye makeup before foundation. performance is lower than expectation, would try replacing this with benefit's rsvp cream shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by skygirl777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing Painterly for years and love it! I also loved the LE Nubile but it is long gone. So I tried this and am really liking it to wear on its own with liner. Fresh, pretty and brightens your eye with a lovely sheen! :) Have not tried it with eye shadow yet....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Trixieclose

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I use this alot and I adore it. It's a sheer wash of champagne for the lids and looks amazing alone. With powder on top the bare study doesn't really do much but it prevents creasing on me. I've had mine over a year, use it every time I do my eye makeup and it still hasn't dried out and I'm not even close to being finished. I do my eye makeup at least 5 times a week, FYI. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought a second pot of Bare Study as I loved the first so much, originally I was going to buy Painterly but this looked so much prettier upon application. Unlike what many people say, I find that this product is not crease resistant (on my eyelids anyway). Worn underneath eyeshadows it literally creases within 30 minutes, however worn with a primer underneath such as Too Faced Shadow Insurance, this combination seems to make eyeshadows last almost all day and night. Overall it's a great product but I'd like to try Painterly next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try out this product, I have heard a lot of hype about MAC paint pots. I choose this color because I was looking for something I could use as a base or an eye highlighter for my inner corner or brow bone. When I swatched this on my hand it looked beautiful, shimmery and smooth. On my hand the texture was nice and buttery. When I went to put it on my lids I ran into trouble. First off I could really use a brush since it didn't pick up the product very well. I tried using my fingers but it didn't blend well on my lids at all. Maybe sine the skin on my lids is so thin I can't put enough pressure on them to evenly blend. Whatever the reason this product just looks horrible on my eyes, cakey and dry. I tried using this as a highlighter for the rest of my face, but it emphasized my pores like crazy. I am disappointed since it is such a pretty color but it is just sitting in makeup bag unused.