The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aqua, aloe barbadensis, pentylene glycol, butylene glycol, sorbitol, glycerin.

on 1/21/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Recently I decided to make the switch to alcohol-free toners, hoping they would better suit my oily but dehydrated skin. I chose this toner for the "calming" effect, and because it's a favourite of a blogger whose skin is similar to mine.

For what the toner is, it's a little pricey, but on the other hand the Body Shop often holds sales, and I usually wait for one to buy from there. I bought my bottle during a buy-2-get-2 sale, and (along with other, similarly priced items) I payed roughly half of the 12.50CAD it normally is.

Not much is there to be said about the simple but functional packaging. Some will argue that toners are a waste of money, but as a regular wearer of heavy, long-wearing foundation, I rely on them to get rid of the final traces of makeup that I may have missed during washing, and the Aloe Calming Toner does a good job of that, plus it soothes my skin after a day of going around with full coverage makeup or following an AHA treatment. However, it leaves my face shiny and tacky, and this tacky layer sits on my skin with a heavy feeling, which certainly doesn't help with my makeup in terms of longevity. Perhaps this toner is better for drier skin types? I'll continue to use my bottle and will hopefully be rid of it (for good) by summertime, when sticking to lightweight skincare products becomes more important and keeping my face from melting off becomes even tougher of a battle.

on 11/5/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's just a simple basic toner, suits for sensitive skin.
In Thailand,my country, it's quite expensive and I think I could buy other toners which cheaper and better.

on 10/2/2013 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great product for sensitive skin. It gives my skin a healthy glow.

The second ingredient is aloe leave juice. Natural ingredients are best in my book.

It doesn't really have a smell, maybe a very faint chemical smell but it doesn't bother me and it goes away as soon as its on your face.

If you have sensitive skin this is a must try!

on 9/7/2013 9:26:00 AM

This is a lovely toner. It's alcohol, paraben, perfume and artificial color free. It has very few ingredients, which is a good thing in my book. It's very mild, non-irritating, calming and slighly moisturizing. This is the first toner that made it to my daily routine. I do notice a difference in my skin if I skip this. Overall it just helps balance out my skin and it makes my skin look more even. I'm very pleased with this product and I will buy again.

on 7/23/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I haven't used many brands for toners but because I have such highly sensitive skin, and I do love the Body Shop products, I gave this a go. This has to be one of the best toners that I am able to use on my skin without it reacting. The toner doesn't have a scent and does not feel harsh on the skin. It leaves a clean feeling and it's quite gentle. I would recommend this for anyone who has sensitive skin like mine. My skin type would generally break out in rashes almost when it irritates, and I love that this does its job and leaves my skin so soft.

on 6/2/2013 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Usually I use toners as an extra step in my skin care routine. I expect my skin to feel super clean and refreshed after toner, however this particular Aloe toner leaves with rather sticky feeling skin.I don't like it, and it doesn't seem to calm down redness.

on 3/17/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Im surprised this broke me out after ONE USE. I have clogged pores al over my face. This had so few ingredients... Im... surprised. Another 12 dollars down the drain. I hate that. AGH!!!!!!!

on 1/29/2013 9:13:00 PM

I have sensitive skin and this product didn't give me any skin irritations (like rashes, itchy bumps). My skin is extremely prone to rash type, itchy conditions....YIKES! This toner has no particular strong scent and it's a really simple product in my opinion. It helped balance my skin after washing and isn't drying at all. As long as it cleans my face well, doesn't irritate my skin and isn't drying then it's thumbs up for me. I'm on my third bottle already :)))

on 5/29/2012 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is very natural and light. BUT it does the trick. The formula has a cooling effect and it feels like it is deep cleansing your skin. I use it every night before I go to bed to make my skin smoother and even. I also use it in the mornings if I want to refresh myself. I would highly recommend this to people with sensitive skin. One of the main pros is that this toner DOESN'T dry out your skin like most toners.
Cheers!

on 2/14/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure how something with such few ingredients could break me out, but it did. This gave me a very slight itch on my cheeks only. It lifted a small amount of dirt off my face but not as much as other toners. I did like the way my face looked after application: redness seemed to be reduced and skin tone more even. Therefore I was surprised to find out that this was breaking me out into cysts on my cheeks. :(

Ingredients: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products