August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Travel Kabuki Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush. The retractible kabuki brush is perfect as it doesn't get powder all over your makeup bag when you store it. Also, if you use this to apply powder foundation, you can adjust it down or up for more precise or all over coverage. This particular brush has very soft bristles. I haven't had the shedding problem with this as others have. It gets 4 lippies only because of the price for a drugstore brand- $18 (US).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by furchttrommel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i got this as a gift and at first i wasn't really sure what to do with it, so i kind of threw it in with my other unused makeup and let it sit. eventually, i decided i needed to invest in some powder to keep on hand for when i need more of a "done up" look and this brush is great! i love how it is soo small but so soft, i also really like the retractable parts. i haven't had any issues with shedding, so maybe it just depends on the brush you end up with, i must have been lucky.

plus, this brush is cute! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

This is the first and most expensive powder brush I have bought. I love it except that the casing is a little weak. My dad had to fix mine because the retractable part was stuck down. And on the same note, I find it a bit difficult to clean also because of the retractable parts. Anyway, it's nice because you can take it with you without worrying about hairs getting ripped out or bent or dirty, it's nice, soft, and fluffy... and doesn't beat up my powders! I have read many reviews that say it sheds a lot but mine hasn't seemed to have lost very many hairs at all. Over all, I think it's a good product that should last for a long while.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by edgarallanho

I've had this brush for maybe a year now. When I first got it, I absolutely adored it! It was soft, relatively dense, and applied my mineral foundation pretty well. I used it for a couple of months, and then stopped when my MMU ran out and started using MAC again. However, I've restarted to use MMU again since the summer began because I break out with MAC in warm weather, so I picked up my handy Kabuki brush again. This time, however, it shed all over. Initially, it was doing well, but one week in, I had these little hairs all over and my friends would comment that I had a lot of stray eyelashes (haha). It's been maybe 2.5 months since the shedding started, and it gets worse every day. I've tried washing the brush to get rid of all the stray hairs but that doesn't really seem to help. The density of the brush has gone down, also. It's a shame because I loved this brush both for its softness and portability, but it kindof makes putting on MMU pointless now. I still use it to buff out my bronzer/blush, though, and for that, it still works well. If you're in a rush, I wouldn't recommend this though, because picking off the stray hairs is just a pain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I got this brush to use with Clinique Almost Powder foundation (a pressed powder). It works very well for that purpose and I love how it's a travel size with cap so I can bring it with me for touchups. The brush is dense yet relatively soft, allowing you to buff it onto your skin - also picks up a lot of product relatively easily. I also like how this brush is not very big (as kabukis go) which allows you to get into smaller spots like nose, around mouth, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by juicypeach

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This kabuki brush has very soft hair in classic black casing,which is sold in a reasonable price.
But the hair get caught in cap easily.It is very annoying.
I prefer a more full head brush to apply blush and expect more for Sonia Kashuk in this price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Ayda

I didn't like this brush at all! It doesn't pick up mineral powder very well, I kept adding more and more of the powder. Doesn't buff the makeup on your face either, the powder felt like it was just sitting on top of my face. I hate BE kabuki brush for being so scratchy and making my skin flaky, yet even BE does a better job of blending the mineral makeup. It is softer brush then BE kabuki though (well, is there any kabuki brush that's not softer then BE? I don't know) And the price is pretty good, but still I don't think this is worth a penny. Don't buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

It sheds a lot. That's really annoying. I also suggest you wash the brush prior to using it. I washed the brush and was amazed by how much black dye was on it. Overall it is a good kabuki brush but I can't stand how it sheds constantly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 5:04:00 AM More reviews by SimplyRinse

I am loving this. I used to use the round, white puff that sits in my powder compact. (Germ-y, i know) So i was on the lookout for a traveling brush. Saw this at Target for an okay price. I am so glad i got it. Its very soft and dense so it applies the powder very well. Its small so I leave it in my purse and use it for touchups. Just great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I wish I had found MUA b4 I purchased several different kabuki brushes, but o well - at least now I'm in the know! Ok - here is the skinny: the large and the small kabuki that came w/ my Joelle Cosmetics mineral foundation (fab stuff by the way - will be leaving separate review on that, but know that it rivals EM which I also have for performance and ingredients) = terribly scratchy = HATE them. Since I love my retractable SK blush brush, I went on a hunt for a retractable kabuki (remember - didn't know about MUA) and really didn't want to spend a lot of $$. The SK display at several SuperTargets didn't appear to have such a product and at Ulta, all they had (that wasn't $50 or horribly scratchy) was theirs, so I purchased theirs for $18. Soft enuf, but sheds like crazy!! Then, I found MUA! So, checked around and found SK retractible kabuki (at different ST for $18) and have used now for 4 days = LOVE it! Took off 1 lippie only because as stated in other reviews, the retractible sleeve doesn't go all the way to the top + there has been 1 shed hair for each day used (1/2 lippie for each complaint.) That said - such minimal shedding doesn't bother me at all. The sleeve - take an extra millisecond to line up the top before putting on = no problem. Did read helpful suggestion from another product review which is letting me use this brush for mineral concealer, mineral foundation and mineral veil = leave sleeve up a bit for 1st 2 and retract all the way for the veil = has eliminated 2 of my other brushes! Would also use for blush, but am afraid leftover color would get mixed in w/ veil. Would definitely purchase again!!