July 28, 2014 | 1852 users online

Lips - Laura Mercier - Lip Stain in Shy Pink

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My fascination for this product was short lived. I was thrilled by the idea of a lip stain, and the color is a pretty neutral pink, but the quality is quite horrible. It's very drying and in order for it not to be I have to hydrate my lips with vaseline or gloss before application which defeats its purpose in my opinion. I wouldn't mind taking the extra step if this were actually a stain and not just a drying lipstick which it really is.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by elva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is more like a lipstick in a jar. Doesn't dry the lips like other stains seem to do. It doesn't stain for very long. The color is nice and natural, but it has a bit of a frost to it. I wear it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I bought this after getting the mulberry as a BI gift. I really like the nude pink color of this. The staying power is decent and I generally use it over lip balm so there's no drying aspect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect nude pink lip, like a lipstick in a jar (one lippie off for that, kind of inconvenient.) Great alone or under a gloss, it really covers pigmented lips without looking chalky. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Shy Pink is my 2nd favorite LM Lip Stain next to Mulberry. Shy Pink is a pretty, wearable, neutral pink that borders on a "nude". It is not as "staining" as Mulberry and it's more creamy. It goes on a little thicker. The color of Shy Pink is similar to NARS Mitzi lipstick but without the shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'd been thinking about purchasing this product for a long time. I have Mulberry and love it for fall, but find it a bit drying and am not crazy about it being in a pot form. Well, after looking at Shy Pink over and over, I finally bought it, and I'm glad. The color is beautiful--the perfect everyday subdued pink--and I find it much less drying than Mulberry. It just lights up my face, so it's great for days when I look tired. I find the staying power pretty good, and it does leave a stain as it wears off. Again, I'm not crazy about having to use a brush to apply, but for a color this good I'll make an exception. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Katya004

I'd been looking for the perfect neutral lip shade, and I think this is it. Most "nudes" or "neutrals" skew toward an unflattering brown or a precious pink, but this shade is a perfect proportion of pink and brown. It's pretty and chic--and unobtrusive.

Also, I'm a PPP who is Mystic-tanned to death at the moment (classy, I know.) Shy Pink suits my natural fair, cool-toned skin and also the light/medium golden shade produced by the spray tan.

It's not unduly drying; lasting power is OK--I wouldn't necessarily call it a stain. I apply, blot, and then reapply--that aids staying power. I also layer it over a true stain sometimes, like PosieTint.

The pot is cute, but I find it kind of annoying to carry around a lip brush or to have to use my finger constantly. Not LM's fault--but there you have it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by forgetfuljones

Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised how much I like this product. It's a really pretty and natural color with just a little bit of shine. It makes me look polished and sophisticated without looking too done up. :) The texture is smooth and creamy, and it doesn't dry out my lips. It lasts a long time and even leaves some color after it wears off, which is why I guess they call it a "stain." I took off one lippie just for the fact it comes in a pot and I have to use my finger or a brush to apply it. But other than that, this stuff is perfect. I'm glad I received this in a swap because I probably would have never discoverd it on my own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have had this for a while but didn't get around to reviewing it until now. i just had to put my two cents in today because i love this 'stain', which is more like a creamy, comfortable, long wearing lipstick to me. other reviewers have pretty much described the color aptly, although i feel that it will vary of course depending on the natural pigmentation of your lips. regardless of that, i think everyone should have a product like this in their stash. i love to wear it alone with gloss like vgv for a good toned down pinked nude lip. lately though, i have discovered that for me it can be a "lipstick transformer." you see, i have this lip palette by mac (seductions lip cool: 4 lipsticks in high strung, bellissimo, capricious , and kiss start, and 2 glosses in lushlady and melodious) from holiday 2005 that i just couldn't figure out how to use up. i tried searching for reviews/ideas here, on specktra, on blogs, all over the internet, and couldn't find any, to the point where i thought i was the only person who actually bought this palette lol. ANYWAY, with this lip stain underneath, all the colors are different in a pleasant way, definitely more wearable, and even more comfortable on the lips. i'm never going to take this out of my bag! i definitely want to try more of these in the future and i highly recommend you try this out. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by heartxcontusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on a kick looking for nude-ish matte colors for everyday wear and this is really perfect. The color is very pigmented and evenly coats lips. It's a pinky-nude color with just a tiny bit of shine so it looks very polished and not overdone at all. I use it for everyday and I also use it when I wear super bright eye makeup to tone down my overall look. The one con I found is that it can be a tad drying but it's nothing a little lip balm can't fix. I would definitely buy this again when I run out but a little bit of color really does a long way and I don't think I will run out very soon. This is the first product I've ever used by Laura Mercier and I will definitely buy more from this line.