August 31, 2014 | 1323 users online

Powder - Jane - Be Pure Mineral Makeup with *Puff attached*

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 4:33:00 AM More reviews by interruptedx

the packaging for this product is kind of useless and annoying but the overall powder is really good. it gives a nice air-brushed finish and leaves my skin looking nice. i would purchase again its the best mineral powder i have found yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with everyone else about the stupid puff attachment, but all you have to do is take it off and use a kabuki brush. I emptied the powder into one ofthose teeny tuperware containers and it is perfect. I use Natural (04 I believe) and I absolutely LOVE it. This make up gives me an airbrushed finish! I will purchase again and again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by harls321

The texture was good, very fine milled. Didn't look cakey, very natural finish however the colors were awful!!! I chose Warm for my MMM. It looked light and yellow toned but when I applied it, I looked red. Terrible product colors.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

You have to really tap alot to get enough powder to come through to give your face any real coverage with this product. Also, the puff sponge attached on top of the product as a funny smell to it. Everytime, the sponge gets anywhere near my nose I can smell this funny odor.

This product was such a let-down!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by rbaranov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is THE BEST mineral loose powder I have tried - and I have tried about 20 of them - not joking - from Jane Iredale /GlowMinerals/Bare Essentuals to Maybelline/L`oreal/Wet 'n' Wild ...
I actually know why some reviews are negative: my first impression was the same. It is because of the "sponge applicator" packaging - it doesnt work at all. BUT - try to use the kabuki brush / regular applicator/ your fingers (works best for me) - and you'll be amaized! It is soooooo buildable - I can layer it up till I have the flawless face (really flawless without concealer/primer etc.). It may sound strange but when you apply it to the skin it is "dissolving" - I cannot see it - and even better - I cannot see the huge pores on my nose! It works like a liquid foundation - even better. After 1 hour on the treadmill I still have a great looking skin ;) I am so glad I tried to use my own application techniques. This powder leaves matte-natural finish which I really like. I also bought "Jane Be Pure Mineral Powder" in brush - this one works fine in its own packaging - I apply it over the mineral makup and it gives more glow/healthy looking skin. My advice to you girls - try it! use different application techniques and you'll fall in love with it, if not - you can always turn it back

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a good product. First of all, the second time I used it, I tried untwisting the cap and instead, the part with the foundation twisted off and I ended up spilling over half of the powder that was in there. Secondly, it smells really bizzare (my mom thought it smelled like beer). Third, it sometimes leaves little bright orange spots on my face, even though the powder is not orange in the least (I have it in 01 Colorless). And lastly, it does a pretty crap job coverage-wise because the puff makes it hard for the foundation to come out, and hard to get at spots like by my nose.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Teralynn

This makeup is perfect for anyone looking to achieve an obviously made up look without hiding any flaws. I don't know if this would break me out as I could never use it long enough to figure that out. The fairest color is very orange. If you have orange skin with no flaws whatsoever this is the product for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by kurrywoo12

I initially really liked this stuff. I was totally surprised that a powder type thing could meet my full coverage desires, but it totally did! Obviously I took off the puff thing. But i was really amazed that it covered as much as a liquid if applied with a brush. Sadly, it made my face itch like crazy in the heat! But I liked it so much that I thought I'd give it another go despite the itching just to see if my skin would get used to it. Big mistake. I broke out pretty badly with zits and an itchy rash! :( I don't hold it against the product though, as I remembered this happened last time I tried something with the word 'mineral' in it. I think I'll stay away from mineral products now lol. But I would still really recomend this..it is a great product, I just unfortunatley had a bad reaction to it :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by soandso

This product is great IF you like beating yourself in the face to get the powder to come out. My skin is all orange and blotchy after pounding the face powder out of the "handy puff dispenser". If I had the receipt, this would be going back to the store. My best bet is to pry the top off and use a good powder foundation brush to see if coverage can go on any smoother. I'd use a different brand. Jane is usually a really fun drugstore brand, but this one is a dud. Sorry, Jane.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ScullyNess

STAY AWAY! This is thee worst foundation I have EVER tried. It's smell so badly that it made my eyes burn. I've never brought anything back to rite-aid but this is going back!!!! It's applicator is the worst and you get very little product out, having to shake it through the back of a giant bloby sponge is not productive. It barely comes out and not evenly, gets splotchy. It looks nice pale creamish in the container, the minute after it settles on your skin turns a funny shade of creamsicle orange. Ugh. I love the Jane line and all but stay away from this.The mineral makeup from L'oreal is much better if that's your into the mineral finishes. I prefer the jane oil free over even that though, it has better coverage. Stick to their oil free foundation in a liquid pump, which is fabulous! This crap needs to be discontinued.