October 1, 2014 | 1921 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Underworld Duo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by EVOO

I really like the color combination,other than that, it is just a overpriced eye shadow. You can find this kind of eyeshadow from drugstore for one third of the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Omg, I love this duo. I usually don't like blue eyeshadow but these colors are so wearable. I like to apply a black base first with the blue eyeshadow on top to intensify the look. Its a great change from the usual smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of Nars's best duos in my opinion. The light silver shade can be used on its own over the whole lid while the shimmery dark blue-grey makes a great crease color to give a little depth, or can be packed on for a smoky eye. The duo is very versatile in that you can use both colors to do a more subtle daytime look or a full-on smoky eye - it just depends on how you apply it. Although the shades are on the cool side, I think pretty much anyone can pull off both colors. The texture of these shadows is excellent too, pigmented and blendable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 6:17:00 AM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Underworld. So many options with this duo. The silvery side can be lightly applied on the lid and the blue used as a liner and it is subtle and good for work (especially with charcoal, grey or navy suiting) or you can do the grey with the blue in the crease for a more dramatic look that isn't too over the top and still work wearable (but more Autumn / Winter look) or go for the full smokey look where you can use the blue as a liner and smoked out into the silver shade and it is gorgeous - makes my eyes look very blue and have received complements when I do this. HG for me and versatile to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sugarblonde

The Nars underwater duo is amazing. My eyes are gray blue colour, and layering the blue with the silver color produces one of my favourite looks ever. I have worn MAC eyeshadows for many years and have to say this particular duo is a superior product. The shadows are finely milled, the finish is lovely and the final look has a beautiful colour that is not too heavy. Overall, it gives a smoky, high end look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

*Please click "Continued" below to see pics*

COLOR: The shades are a smoky greyed medium blue and a blue-tinged silver. I like the darker shade on the lid and I use the silver to blend it up into the crease, and put a little mac phloof on the browbone. It's also really nice with the silver on the lid and the darker shade in the outer crease and and outer corner.

TEXTURE: The payoff is really good for both colors, although they're still kind of more sheer than you would expect from the look of the pans. They're very blendable and buildable as well.

PACKAGING:I really love the minimalistic approach to packaging that Nars products have. The rubberized case gets dirty quick but cleans up easily. They are always easy to open and the mirror and sleek design makes it very pleasing to the eye. I do feel like the packaging for the duos is a little large. They're the same size as blushes which kind of freaks me out, i have to search through my blushes and duos both to find what i'm looking for. There seems to be a lot of excess packaging for the duos and you have to pick it up and read the label to find what you're looking for. Otherwise, I really do love all the duos I've tried so far.

WEAR: This duo tends to fade on me a bit even with primer, although it still looks pretty nice by the end of the day.

PRICE: for $32USD you get two rather large pans of shadow that are really gorgeous. The price seems a bit steep but Nars is the one brand that I will consistently pay the premium price for.

OVERALL: I really like this duo, the colors seem pretty unique. It reminds me of MAC Silversmith mineralized duo which I bought thinking it would be similar to this. The blue in the mac was less silvery and more blue and the lighter side of that duo didn't have great payoff. I would love to have the blue from that duo and the lighter shade in the nars duo in a duo together, but alas, i swapped the mac one. I still prefer this duo for it's texture and longer wear over the mac duo. The colors seem to be pretty unique so if you like smokey blues or don't have any at all, i would rec this duo to you.

Here's my pic of the duo:
continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by hollygolightlyyyyyy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the duo for everyday sometimes, otherwise to smokefy it
what the national nars artist suggested:
draw thick line in black moon
use the slate blue on the lid on top
ondine in the crease, blend well
voyage as highlighter
and the silver part of the duo in the inner corner of eyes to brighten it up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by monetsgarden

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These colors are so beautiful, and I wanted so much to like this duo, but I just can't get it to work for me. (cool PPP, green eyes) I generally don't mind sheer shadows, but in this case the colors go on subtly and just look muddy on me when I try to build them, not striking and gorgeous like they look in the pan. I've tried several times to make this work, but sadly it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by ghost

This Duo is highly pigmented silver and steely navy blue. Its great for smoky looks and the colors blend well together or can be used totally separately. I like to use a black liner near the lashline for depth and smudge, then I apply the navy shade near the lashes and blend upwards, I put the silver in the crease to fade out. I like to use Bombshell wet on the inner corner of the eye to perk it up a bit. The shadows are both good quality (unlike some of the other NARS shades)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Think of dark rain clouds with a silver lining. Makes a good substitute for black and white on a smokey eye variation.